Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the part we were going to hate is none of it. it never existed. this comic loving rules and everything about it has been pitch perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Cowcaster posted:

the part we were going to hate is none of it. it never existed. this comic loving rules and everything about it has been pitch perfect.

:hmmyes:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There's no way that Jadis' domain isn't as brutal and repressive as all the others. Every last one of the seven is completely crazy.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wiegieman posted:

There's no way that Jadis' domain isn't as brutal and repressive as all the others. Every last one of the seven is completely crazy.

It probably is, but she wasn't in her right mind when it got that way, on account of having her mind scoured by eternity.

She might still be insane, but I'm of the opinion that she's probably mellow. Maybe a mellow kind of insane.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Anyone willing to pull out the speech bubble from the top panel? It'd make a gorgeous background

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

wiegieman posted:

it is, but all the brutality was enacted by the theocracy built around the muttering paperweight jadis had become. her insanity stemmed from her omniscience, which also basically excluded her from agency and morality - after seeing the Shape, there was no longer good or evil, just what she was going to do (or more likely not do) because she knew that she'd do it. the question now is whether that omniscience still holds or if she's finally back to working without a net

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

wiegieman posted:

that was the girlfriend dying
Except I didn't hate that. (Watch Allison go full Rhaenyra this arc it will be beautiful)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

One doesn't become a god of the seven-part world by being nice. I am very excited to learn more about Jadis' deal.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hate Six Billion Mondays

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

wiegieman posted:

If she has perfect prescience, it might be some dune poo poo where her future visions preclude any options where she isn't a complete bastard.

Of course this gives Alison the opportunity to do something truly novel, freeing Jadis from the chains of prophecy.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

YggiDee posted:

They're all mildly clairvoyant and having their eyes concealed has no correlation to how well they see.

Their eyes are on the inside.

Give us eyes, give us eyes!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wiegieman posted:

Now, hold on. Sure, the last six or so Dark Emperors who cast their shadows over the Wheel of Creation weren't all on the level, but I have a good feeling about this one.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Maybe Jadis' domain is a beautiful and happy place of absolute order, completely devoid of free will.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Hate Six Billion Mondays

Eat 6 Billion Lasagnas

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TwoPair posted:

Eat 6 Billion Lasagnas

Kick 6 Billion Odies

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Hate Six Billion Mondays

Send Nermal to Abu Dhabi with the unlimited power of the Voice of God, as one might use an especially cheap stamp and some packing tape.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nothing "clearly" about it. Speculation's great and all but none of us know for sure what's happening yet.

Nah it's pretty clear. We see one shot where her body is laid up tended to by doctors, one of whom is tiktakking away at what appears to be a computer, resembling her body as we know it with most of the damage we knew of. Now we see her in an immaculate waif form? There's an overwhelmingly probable interpretation here and it's mindscape or some variant thereof.

Odd facial expression on Jadis. Honestly odd art period, her mouth looks a little too low, but that aside she looks like she's about to burst into tears.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Vagabong posted:

If she has perfect prescience, it might be some dune poo poo where her future visions preclude any options where she isn't a complete bastard.

Of course this gives Alison the opportunity to do something truly novel, freeing Jadis from the chains of prophecy.

Perhaps a god-emperor variant where she was locked in that perception of temporal conditions until allison came along and invalidated those circumstances, thus freeing her. It also might be a complete personal relativism situation where her own temporal subjective state is locked in (because otherwise Zoss is trapped in because Jadis looked and he is apparently outside circumstances here) and at the time she took a peek Allison couldn't be fathomed

Incidentally this seems sorta the Elder Scrolls situation of figuring out CHIM and not being able to reconcile the subjective self with universal reality, but in K6BD you can just do a tremendously spectacular self-own and keep on trucking somehow

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Captain Oblivious posted:

Nah it's pretty clear. We see one shot where her body is laid up tended to by doctors, one of whom is tiktakking away at what appears to be a computer, resembling her body as we know it with most of the damage we knew of. Now we see her in an immaculate waif form? There's an overwhelmingly probable interpretation here and it's mindscape or some variant thereof.

Odd facial expression on Jadis. Honestly odd art period, her mouth looks a little too low, but that aside she looks like she's about to burst into tears.

This is why plot speculation in this thread tends to annoy me. Saying what you THINK might be happening is fine, but declaring something is "clear" that's what is happening when it's absolutely not clear is baffling. We absolutely DON'T know for sure what is happening yet, and I personally don't believe it seems like a dream or mind palace situation, at least not yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well obviously she’s going to cry. You noticed the long face.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
maybe there's been two Allisons this whole time

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
inside you there are two Allisons

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Maybe the headspace is the only place she can interact with people normally? She may not have much practice.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

the holy poopacy posted:

One is furious
One is a dumbass

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm gonna claim that the conehead guys actually have like a 3mm gap in the metal which they peer through, like ye irl frog helmets had that tiny gap

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

It looks to me like she's trying to control her expression and only partially succeeding. Abbadon compared her weird smile earlier to The Expression from Disco Elysium, so my guess she's attempting to hide that she herself is in a whole lot of pain.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

(OT: by the way I was re-reading the last book and checking out reactions here for lols; some of you have posted the excellent "future of football" by jon bois and the sequel is somehow even better, just wanna say thanks for putting it out here otherwise I would never hear about it)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

the holy poopacy posted:

There was! And they smooched!

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I'm sure Jadis' domain will also be a sterile, terrible place in some sense, but she seems more predisposed to a situation kinda like Raya Lucaria and Rennala from Elden Ring as opposed to a violent despot, imo.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

In one of the earlier chapters there's a supplementary text about how power is a measure of effort vs consequences, with the apex being the "idiot king" whose hierarchical might can kill and brutalize thousands without the king even knowing, much less lifting a finger. Jadis and her theocracy seems like a good fit for that, at least until her recent unboxing.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It looks to me like she's trying to control her expression and only partially succeeding. Abbadon compared her weird smile earlier to The Expression from Disco Elysium, so my guess she's attempting to hide that she herself is in a whole lot of pain.

:hmmyes:

Jadis, briefly overjoyed at being free of the literal box, remembers they are still within a cosmic metaphysical/metaphorical box.
This is not ideal, and being free of the literal box means it no longer serves as an excuse for why they haven't left the larger one.
Guessing they've been trying to muddle through this until they decide what their gonna do about it. It hasn't been going well.

Or, y'know: Nonzero chance Jadis opts to get back in the literal box. :shrug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ThaumPenguin posted:

In one of the earlier chapters there's a supplementary text about how power is a measure of effort vs consequences, with the apex being the "idiot king" whose hierarchical might can kill and brutalize thousands without the king even knowing, much less lifting a finger. Jadis and her theocracy seems like a good fit for that, at least until her recent unboxing.

my god is this the power of grey star posters is that what that means

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Hate Six Billion Mondays

This is equivalent to 114,989,736.21 years!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

my god is this the power of grey star posters is that what that means

the what now

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
On a scale of one to ten... How is your pain?
_____\_____

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ThaumPenguin posted:

the what now

Don't ask me, I haven't a clue

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ThaumPenguin posted:

the what now

Idiot kings, or IKs, are thread-specific mods with grey stars next to their names.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Idiot kings, or IKs, are thread-specific mods with grey stars next to their names.

Huh, good to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Remember when Allison told everyone she'd be back in 2 weeks from the Grand Canyon?