Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
There is probably a bit about how having the Oxygen Destroyer ties to humans being the real alpha threat on earth (excepting Ghidorah since he's an external threat from space). Monsterverse Godzilla doesn't seem capable for total annihilation of life on earth but having Oxygen Destroyers means humanity could.

Jimbot posted:

Think of all the jobs the oxygen destroyer will create!

Think of the demand for the remaining oxygen! The economy will boom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well this is a thing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_vNYs_Be0k

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ur mom’s an oxygen destroyer

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Oxygen Destroyer is also a fantastic kaiju themed death metal band

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

a part of me thinks it will be hilarious dumb fun if this is two kaiju fighting while indiscriminately killing the people trying to play a shooty game around them

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I haven't kept up with CoD, does Warzone still have the nuke thing if you dominate in a match hard enough? They should replace it with Godzilla destroying the losing team with his breath.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

I'm always fascinated by marketing that is way out if time or orphaned from what it was supposed to be attached to. Like the Lady Gaga Chromatica Oreos that came out in 2020. Way too late for the album release so they were probably for a tour that never happened?

Why is a GvK Call of Duty tie in happening now instead of a year ago? Did the agreement have an error on the date that nobody fixed? Did they expect to delay the movie longer when they decided on this? Is there supposed to be some other announcement this is tied to?

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

mandatory lesbian posted:

a part of me thinks it will be hilarious dumb fun if this is two kaiju fighting while indiscriminately killing the people trying to play a shooty game around them

Every match should be both teams screaming in terror as they try to kill one another while the monsters are absolutely indestructible with TABS quality AI, wailing on one another in deformable terrain and neither of them care about any of the things the human beings can ever do. To hell with asymmetric horror, this is the real poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

I haven't kept up with CoD, does Warzone still have the nuke thing if you dominate in a match hard enough? They should replace it with Godzilla destroying the losing team with his breath.

Warzone is mainly a battle royale while the nuke is a staple of the multiplayer portion of COD. they haven’t indicated how the mode will work but this is surprisingly not the first BR to get a collab with the movie. PUBG mobile had one about a year ago closer to the movie release.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

Desumaytah posted:

I really would just like Legendary to address the oxygen destroyer at all, since that hitting out of nowhere and never getting a single piece of lip service after is my biggest childish crying lore post complaint about the film.

The novelization of Godzilla vs Kong reveals that Apex was commissioned by Monarch to create the Oxygen Destroyer. If I recall correctly it's also implied that the Oxygen Destroyer was intended as a measure to incapacitate the Titans that hadn't been awakened before G:KotM.

The GvK novelization is honestly worth a read for adding in a bunch of extra context and explanations for things that aren't really explained well in the movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

The second season of Pacific Rim: The Black dropped today. Seemed to come out of nowhere but there it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

The second season of Pacific Rim: The Black dropped today. Seemed to come out of nowhere but there it is.

I didn’t hate the first season but the season ending was wild in the crazy poo poo it setup

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That guy on Twitter who wanted every movie to be an MCU film was almost on the right track, except every movie should be set in the Godzilla universe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

That guy on Twitter who wanted every movie to be an MCU film was almost on the right track, except every movie should be set in the Godzilla universe.

:hmmyes:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Kramer vs Kramer vs Godzilla
The Godzilla Must Be Crazy
Godzillablanca
SlumGodzilla Millionaire

Hail King Caesar

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

brocked posted:

SlumGodzilla Millionaire Slumdog Godzillionaire

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I didn’t hate the first season but the season ending was wild in the crazy poo poo it setup

Yeah it suddenly got fun stupid instead of boring stupid, and had the first good fight of the series.

I’ll watch the second season when I have some free time

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

brocked posted:

Kramer vs Kramer vs Godzilla
The Godzilla Must Be Crazy
Godzillablanca
SlumGodzilla Millionaire

Hail King Caesar

Children of a Lesser Godzilla
And Godzilla Created Women
No Sex Please, We're From Planet X

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

With how Netflix is imploding, last night I was thinking about how I'd never get to see it. So this is really convenient timing!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
King Ghidorah and the Lost City of Gold
Baragon With the Wind
A Serious Manda
Minilla Sky

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

If It's Tuesday This Must Be Biollante
Rodan Holiday
The Mothra Prophecies

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like to imagine King Kong happened in universe to totally unrelated movies but, it's been decades and people just kinda moved on. In elementary school, Rocky Balboa read about a giant ape that climbed the Empire State Building in the chapter before WW2. It changes nothing about his life or the Rocky movies.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well yea, King Kong climbing the Empire State Building was overshadowed by the much more important battle between the Flying Legion and Dr. Totenkopf's automatons happening concurrently in lower Manhattan.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Nikumatic posted:

King Ghidorah and the Lost City of Gold
Baragon With the Wind
A Serious Manda
Minilla Sky

brocked posted:

If It's Tuesday This Must Be Biollante
Rodan Holiday
The Mothra Prophecies

lmao

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Drive Anguirus

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Drive Anguirus

thread title

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
City of Godzilla
The Godzillafather
Mad Max: Fury Rodan
The Other Gigan
The Megalon
Godzillafellas
The Madness of King Kong

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Dr. Serizawa, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love the Oxygen Destroyer

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Couple episodes in and it definitely kept the energy of the last S1 episode, getting weirder by the moment. Hope it can keep it up because I thought S2E2 was the best in the series so far.

edit: through E4, weirder and better than expected by a fair bit

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 26, 2022

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

How Green Was My Godzilla
A Most Biollante Year
Stop Or My Mothra Will Shoot
Godzilla Will Hunting
Godzillacanal Diary

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Godzilla: Skull Island

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Last King Kong of Scotland?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

brocked posted:

How Green Was My Godzilla

None. <:mad:>

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Are we sure about that?

https://twitter.com/lexistwit/status/1465233063059902469

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

godzussy

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Breathless but its about a girl falling in and out of love with Godzilla parallel to the events of 1954 leading to him getting killed by the Oxygen Destroyer.

e: made it better

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 26, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hedorah, Mon Amour

A movie where Godzilla's greatest foe is the impermanence of memory. But also the Smog Monster.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 26, 2022

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shiroc posted:

Breathless but its about a girl falling in and out of love with Godzilla parallel to the events of 1954 leading to him getting killed by the Oxygen Destroyer.

e: made it better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

This enormous woman will devour us all!