Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Lobok posted:

I'll admit to not reading the actual psalms but the other posts it spawns are :dudsmile:

If you haven't read all the Psalms in Simpsons meme format can you truly call yourself a biblical scholar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In non-Psalm thread related news, some of the Frank Burly novels I ordered came.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

super sweet best pal posted:

In non-Psalm thread related news, some of the Frank Burly novels I ordered came.

I read The Time Machine Did It a few years ago and it was pretty good. I heard he got better as a book writer over time, I might jump back in and read the rest of the Burly series.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/simpsoncrapmeme/status/1517920759712301056

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

oh my god

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I just want to say, I haven’t read any of these, but I absolutely respect the commitment to the bit :hai:

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

fartknocker posted:

I just want to say, I haven’t read any of these, but I absolutely respect the commitment to the bit :hai:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Hey, he lied to us through psalm!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

brainSnakes posted:

Hey, he lied to us through psalm!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
So let's leave this sticky cart!

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Brilliant, and so much better than a Psalm.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I hope we get the whole bible

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

alf_pogs posted:

Picture of Homer slumped in the chair listening to the Bible on tape. At one hundred words per image it would only take about 7832 images. Somebody get to work!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

p_e_z_z fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 24, 2022

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I barely avoided waking my wife up with my laughter.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

lmao

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

When does psalmposting become funny

E: oh gently caress it’s an RJJ bit

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Might be a bit obscure, even for other Australian goons, but its been on my mind for a couple weeks:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We're *so* close to Chick tract Simpsons memes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lobok posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still love the occasional bits where Flanders can casually invoke actual miracles.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still love the occasional bits where Flanders can casually invoke actual miracles.

Flanders is definitely one of the more powerful characters in Springfield. Like, Homer has demonstrated that he's virtually indestructible (Homerpalooza, Bart the Daredevil, etc.) and Professor Frink has access to science that verges on magick--but on multiple occasions Flanders has been able to summon genuine miracles. I bet he could smote Homer if he prayed hard enough.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Flanders is definitely one of the more powerful characters in Springfield. Like, Homer has demonstrated that he's virtually indestructible (Homerpalooza, Bart the Daredevil, etc.) and Professor Frink has access to science that verges on magick--but on multiple occasions Flanders has been able to summon genuine miracles. I bet he could smote Homer if he prayed hard enough.

Bart's Comet didn't actually disintegrate in the smog. It actually broke apart to protect Flanders. It would've destroyed the town if he'd been able to stay in his shelterini.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So there's this term Flanderization, I thought it was referring to

quote:

The following year, France officially annexed Flanders as the départements of Lys, Escaut, Deux-Nèthes, Meuse-Inférieure and Dyle. Obligatory (French) army service for all men aged 16–25 years was a main reason for the uprising against the French in 1798, known as the Boerenkrijg (Peasants' War), ...See more

because I am a dumbass.

But its actual meaning is that Ned Flanders was re-written as a holy roller, when initially he was a nice guy and foil to Homer.

Probably some Brad Bird influence on the first iteration.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Lobok posted:

be the change you want to see in the World

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

here's the one everyone remembers, lots of good fodder in there

https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=0046

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
In Simpsons Roasting he's actually being a real rear end in a top hat to Homer.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Analytic Engine posted:

here's the one everyone remembers, lots of good fodder in there

https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=0046

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ahh that's the stuff