Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Put housing plots in the GC loot boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

HackensackBackpack posted:

If I could propose to the devs an idea for personal, instanced housing, it'd be a little location based on each of the main cities in ARR and each expansion. A house in a hidden glade in the Shroud, a beachfront cottage in La Noscea, a little oasis in the Saagoli Desert, then maybe a snowswept mountaintop cabin in Coerthas, maybe one of those yurts on the Steppe, a place in the Crystarium or Eulmore, and then something in Sharlayan or Radz-at-Han. That way, there'd still be a bit of an option for surroundings, but everything else would be effectively the same.

This is still my favorite idea. This way the people who want the "community feel" of a neighborhood still get to fight the housing barons, while everyone else gets their cool little adventurer house on its own.

Hell, make it part of a storyline that the realm gives you a drat house for saving all their asses.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 24, 2022

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

No, it's impossible for them to add instanced housing everyone could have because

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

A lot of people stay subbed between expansions because they don't want to lose their plots

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Instanced housing would suck major rear end. The correct option is just more wards eventually, I think.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zokari posted:

No, it's impossible for them to add instanced housing everyone could have because

I mean that would be fine but basically would lose all the sense of community the rp focused fanbase has been able to build. I'd prefer just hard restrictions on how many you can own and more wards over time.

Like I bumble around the wards a lot just looking in on what other people are doing housing wise or if they've got a venue set up or the like and I wouldn't be doing that if I had to go find a specific player or guild and load into their instance just to peak around, let alone the rp side of poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 24, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
shockingly, I just made CC gold rank. I've been maining monk and I'm at this weird crossroads where I sometimes have the least damage and sometimes the most but I do feel that I'm always a thorn in the enemy's side pissing everyone off. Or I'm getting carried a lot. Probably that one.

I do seem to excel at the volcano map, where's monks knockback, stun, and LB interact very well with the fire mechanic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Instanced housing would suck major rear end. The correct option is just more wards eventually, I think.

I mean yeah more wards would be great, but I'd rather everyone be able to get a house through instanced housing than a minority of the players being able to get a house with how it is now

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Adding more wards has been the "solution" since day 1 and now it's years later and the problem still isn't fixed.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So long as instanced housing/Island Sanctuary has something to discourage afking in it all day, and they keep expanding and improving the housing ward neighborhoods, it shouldn’t have too many downsides

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They already did instanced housing, that's apartments

Not sure why they made apartments suck though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the housing barons should simply be killed irl. or they should get a life

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

They already did instanced housing, that's apartments

Not sure why they made apartments suck though

Apartments need to A) be bigger, B) allow a much bigger item limit and C) need to have a balcony so you can have a little outdoor area without it being a real yard like regular houses

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Super No Vacancy posted:

the housing barons should simply be killed irl. or they should get a life

Totally normal and well-adjusted mindset for 2% of the digital dollhouses.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Normal and fair.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Futanari Rastafari posted:

They're totally dumb and irrelevant things that no one should care about, but I also should have as many as possible.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Apartments need to A) be bigger, B) allow a much bigger item limit and C) need to have a balcony so you can have a little outdoor area without it being a real yard like regular houses

Imagine if they made a fancy penthouse apartment as a huge gil sink instead of gold mounts

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

If you didn’t want to be made fun of, maybe you should give up all your houses except one.

Until then, I’m just going to assume that you are a large sapient cockroach that learned how to type on a keyboard.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

Imagine if they made a fancy penthouse apartment as a huge gil sink instead of gold mounts

I would abandon my small plot in a heartbeat if I could upgrade an apartment to a small/medium house sized area and it was given a tiny rear end balcony for me to display my PotD trophies, even if I was the only one that could see them.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

Let me spend X million gil to buy a patio for my apartment, yoship. And another X million to make it two floors internally.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Let me spend X million gil to buy a patio for my apartment, yoship. And another X million to make it two floors internally.

Sorry, you'll have to purchase a Townhouse :v:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yeah, i'm sure they're crying themselves to sleep over weird keyboard warrior threats. Keep going you're owning them so hard.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Sorry, you'll have to purchase a Townhouse :v:

As long as that doesn't count as an apartment, private room, FC mansion, or personal house, so that I can just add it to my list of properties!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CJ posted:

Yeah, i'm sure they're crying themselves to sleep over weird keyboard warrior threats. Keep going you're owning them so hard.

I wish I owned them. And by them, I mean a house. :smith:

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Mordiceius posted:

If you didn’t want to be made fun of, maybe you should give up all your houses except one.

Until then, I’m just going to assume that you are a large sapient cockroach that learned how to type on a keyboard.

Buy a copy of The Sims on sale and chill out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sell your houses and chill out.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I mean, I know goons are all about praxis and whatnot but telling people to actually go die over videogame houses is a little unhinged ngl. Yeah it sucks I didn't get an FC house, I'm not about to go full toxic and threaten death to randos

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

I don't think Mao considered Miqo'te in his writings, perhaps you should expand on his great works for the good of the Eorzean worker

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I get why the have-nots are angry and posting, but wtf are the have-a-lots still arguing?

You already won lmao just walk away from the screen

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Runa posted:

I get why the have-nots are angry and posting, but wtf are the have-a-lots still arguing?

You already won lmao just walk away from the screen

This but every economy on the planet.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If they don't want to make people give up houses they should add the ability to let out houses to other players. That way the housing barons are providing a service, by allowing people who can't afford the capital to own their own home to pay rent to live in one of house baron's homes and everyone wins.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CJ posted:

If they don't want to make people give up houses they should add the ability to let out houses to other players. That way the housing barons are providing a service, by allowing people who can't afford the capital to own their own home to pay rent to live in one of house baron's homes and everyone wins.

"Make some of the players, in this fantasy MMO that let's players escape all the horrors of real life, into landlords!" is an idea so extremely loving cursed

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

CJ posted:

Mods, remove this sick filth.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CJ posted:

:guillotine:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
couldn't you already be an ffxiv landlord, as long as the tenant is willing to join your FC? Just give them a role with permissions to do all housing-related activities and kick them if they don't pay their million gil per month

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

CJ posted:

Yes. And we should also make sure that when people can’t make their rent payments we stick their characters in gaol to work off their debts.
But they get charged for being in gaol at a rate higher than they can work off. Game already has company scrip. I’m sure we can work that in too.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I get confused where the appallingly bad takes come from in this thread, since I only see the quotes, but then I remember the one case I start ignoring people is when they won't shut up about their hideous political opinions. No wonder that venn diagram overlaps with petty defensive MMO land barons, jfc.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol are your feelings hurt just because i think you should die irl or get a life

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hoarding so many digital dollhouses when you know it's a nightmare for other players to get one just make you that lovely kid who would never share any of their toys