Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Shortest Path posted:

Okay but what if you turn Nicol Bolas God Pharaoh into an artifact and then equipment, and then attach him to the creature Nicol Bolas and kill someone with it.

Then you win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Goddammit.
In Too Deep would let you equip a creature though right?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yes, I think so

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Gonna want this bad boy in there:

Turn that wurm into a limousurn. Then hit them with it.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 23, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Your Conquest Top 4:

vs.

vs.

vs.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

This seems like a neat pair.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Batterypowered7 posted:

This seems like a neat pair.

Not sure about in Conquest, but it's fun in EDH at least!

Bolt the bird. Please, bolt the bird.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Idk much about Conquest, is there a reason why you’d run that guy over Tana with Malcolm.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

fadam posted:

Idk much about Conquest, is there a reason why you’d run that guy over Tana with Malcolm.

The auto trigger to ramp treasures fast.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

The auto trigger to ramp treasures fast.

Ya but how are you ever going to find your GHB lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Usually by casting polymorph on the lizard. It’s really extremely easy and reliable to do

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MTG adjacent news:

On our way home nestled in a corner of my tree in the front yard was this lil guy.

We played against Oloro stax while my GF played Rin and Seri Cat/Dog and I played Mono White Voltron modified from the '14 precon.

Lost a bunch had a good time, and this kitty's name is Naya.

She is barely 4 weeks old. In good health and spirits we will give her a good home.

Edit: sorry for huge picture, Hard to tell when phone posting from the app.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 25, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cat!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat Jiro that loving owns dude you’re a good chap. I rescued a little bow-legged pixie bob a few months ago and it’s just awesome having little paws in the house.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Moar smollness

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jiro posted:

MTG adjacent news:

On our way home nestled in a corner of my tree in the front yard was this lil guy.

We played against Oloro stax while my GF played Rin and Seri Cat/Dog and I played Mono White Voltron modified from the '14 precon.

She is barely 4 weeks old. In good health and spirits we will give her a good home.

Jiro posted:

Moar smollness

omg :3:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Jiro posted:

MTG adjacent news:

Jiro posted:

Moar smollness

The only good posts in this entire thread.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

MtG - Commander/EDH Thread: My cat's a 7

:gerty:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Jiro posted:

Moar smollness

I'm guessing her activated cuteness ability remains active when steps and phases end. :kimchi:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Jiro posted:

Moar smollness

That’s a great cat :3:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

That is an absolutely gorgeous sweet cat and you’re a good person :buddy:

First game night, first game with my Mogis deck:

Shout out to my friend that Chaos Warped my Meekstone, revealing my Havoc Festival on turn 4 :madmax:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I finally sleeved up my Sythis cEDH list and played it yesterday. Seems pretty drat good.

That said... Linvala + Nature's Revolt isn't anywhere as near as cool of a lock as you'd think it is. Especially when you got stuck in a 5 person pod.

You just get 4 people assaulting you with 2/2 lands... :smith:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Framboise posted:

I finally sleeved up my Sythis cEDH list and played it yesterday. Seems pretty drat good.

That said... Linvala + Nature's Revolt isn't anywhere as near as cool of a lock as you'd think it is. Especially when you got stuck in a 5 person pod.

A buncha fuckin Plains: "you came to the wrong neighborhood"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Framboise posted:

You need a moat or a tax to attack enchantment.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah even just a ghostly prison would lock down the table in that situation.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Framboise posted:

No grasp of fate? No sale.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

pseudanonymous posted:

You need a moat or a tax to attack enchantment.

I need to just not play that particular combo and save it for when Elesh Norn's on the board. But Ghostly Prison would work well enough in that niche case, but I'm unsure if it's worth running beyond that. Pillowfort cards don't seem to have as many use cases in cEDH as it would in high power.

Toshimo posted:

No grasp of fate? No sale.

I considered it, but it didn't make the cut. Could easily slot it in tho.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Framboise posted:

I need to just not play that particular combo and save it for when Elesh Norn's on the board. But Ghostly Prison would work well enough in that niche case, but I'm unsure if it's worth running beyond that. Pillowfort cards don't seem to have as many use cases in cEDH as it would in high power.

I considered it, but it didn't make the cut. Could easily slot it in tho.

I mostly just run sphere of safety to protect Estrid but it's definitely not a cEDH deck.

Elephant grass also is a thing.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Elephant Grass is intriguing. This deck doesn't need a lot of time to pop off, so once that's down the CU shouldn't be so bad?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Framboise posted:

Elephant Grass is intriguing. This deck doesn't need a lot of time to pop off, so once that's down the CU shouldn't be so bad?

For cEDH to me it's like if you're not ending the game in 2-3 turns someone else is, or better be. And the turn you resolve whatever you don't need to pay for the upkeep so.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I swapped a pithing needle and lethal vapors into my deck, gonna see how it plays out. I think both cards by themselves seem pretty good for Mogis against my pod :)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Heath posted:

Not to interrupt Discourse but there's a card that has been burning in the back of my brain for the pure jank potential and I want to get some feedback on it. That card is

Bludgeon Brawl.

I want to equip the dumbest poo poo possible onto my creatures and go to town. But I need a strategy. And it has to be dumb. Not good necessarily, but functional and stupid.

As such I've settled on a few things:

1) the deck must be at least red, obviously, but I need a way to consistently get BB out and protect it. As such, I am leaning towards Boros to splash some white in and get Enchantment tutors and, where possible, include protection that white can offer to permanents.

2) I need artifacts. But I don't want to fill the deck entirely with equipment, because that's stupid. And not just any artifacts will do. I need to equip dumb poo poo.

I need to equip Vehicles.

I want to hit my opponents with the goddamn Parhelion II.

The point is not to crew the Vehicles. That is an option, but not the idea behind the deck. The idea is to hit people with them.

There are plenty of Boros creatures who benefit from equipping lots of stuff, or benefit other creatures when they have stuff equipped, or can slide equipment around for free. As long as BB is around, I should be able to make big creatures who are hitting opponents with fleet vessels and limousines because this game is stupid.

Artifact lands are also an option, because as far as I can tell there is nothing preventing me from giving Wyleth a Darksteel Citadel to smash with, except that it's got no Mana cost so it isn't going to benefit everything I equip it to.

The question here is what commander(s) do I start with? I am leaning towards Rograkh and Ardenn to make use of the keywords, but is there a better candidate? What can I use to protect Bludgeon Brawl?

What immediately comes to mind is Grixis Artifacts so you can run the Tezzeret that gives artifacts affinity, perhaps with Silas Renn and Vial Smasher as partners.

E: looking through high cmc Commander legal artifacts, Ingenuity Engine seems like a must run if you're looking for ways to keep artifacts from being destroyed or exiled and plan to generate a good number of artifact tokens. Mycosynth Lattice is a neat choice too, but that might be too high dollar for what you're planning.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 26, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I didn't notice it until it was pointed out, but the box art for CL2 set box says there's going to be a regular and etched foil in every pack.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1B5ECoTLXM&t=3198s

Post getting so excited about giving cards to opponents so they exile their own library and him just brewing on the fly on what can be done with Beamtown Bullies is cool to watch.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

All Cards Under $5 [Commander VS]

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hell yeah! I love game restrictions like this. Start to get real creative and make jank work.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

do you suddenly become disqualified mid-game if someone buys out all of a single card and it's value spikes? talk about alternate lose-con

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not really a charts & graphs guy but I really like this thread and these ideas

https://twitter.com/wy_naught/status/1519359858943971328?s=21&t=wIN-g_1yOHLDQ3Dilbt7IA

their decidedly less flashy update

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
What the hell is "lasagna tier"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Framboise posted:

What the hell is "lasagna tier"

https://twitter.com/WY_naught/status/1493686104456847364