Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You're all pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm cool

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

cheetah7071 posted:

couldn't you already be an ffxiv landlord, as long as the tenant is willing to join your FC? Just give them a role with permissions to do all housing-related activities and kick them if they don't pay their million gil per month

Would that be against TOS? They added the rule that you can't buy a house with the intent of reselling it, but does renting it out count?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Futanari Rastafari posted:

4.) Multi-home owners actively use the housing system unlike most personal owners.

:dafuq:

So one person owning 20 houses uses the system more than 20 people each owning one house?

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

drat Dirty Ape posted:

:dafuq:

So one person owning 20 houses uses the system more than 20 people each owning one house?

Correct.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Kongming posted:

You're all pathetic.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Housing barons are cringe but this cspam tier clapback against them is somehow even more pathetic.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

couldn't you already be an ffxiv landlord, as long as the tenant is willing to join your FC? Just give them a role with permissions to do all housing-related activities and kick them if they don't pay their million gil per month

You can add friends to private houses as well

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

congrats ff14 thread you hit a new low

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey, so anyone got any cool glams with the new gear from 6.1 to show off? Here's a PLD glam I made with the dungeon top and the trophy crystal weapon with some old AF gear mixed in.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Hey, so anyone got any cool glams with the new gear from 6.1 to show off? Here's a PLD glam I made with the dungeon top and the trophy crystal weapon with some old AF gear mixed in.

That looks wonderful. I've been meaning to do something similar on my warrior. The new set dyes really well, and padded cloth over armor is a good look.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I think this rdm outfit came out pretty good

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
New Toto Rak sucks.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Bruceski posted:

That looks wonderful. I've been meaning to do something similar on my warrior. The new set dyes really well, and padded cloth over armor is a good look.

Thank you! The Darbar tank chest is very princely, imho. I find it works really well with darker colours. I did royal blue for the top in this glam. It goes well with the Voebertite/Heirloom pieces too.

Xun posted:

I think this rdm outfit came out pretty good

This is very classy.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

the removal of the genderlocking on a lot of old bits has been great for me.

this is all older bits but I'm very proud of this napoleonic style glam I did. I do a lot of history-inspired glams and it was good to break out of the medieval stuff I tend to do most

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What RDM sword is that?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Wrestlepig posted:

this is all older bits but I'm very proud of this napoleonic style glam I did. I do a lot of history-inspired glams and it was good to break out of the medieval stuff I tend to do most

I'm stealing this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Same idea, different colors. I was going to do the armor in a brighter gold/brass, but it turns out the only good armored arms/boots I've held onto are the Law's Order and I don't have dyable versions yet. The dull metal is growing on me.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Not a fan of the caster stuff at all. Makes you look like Santa Claus, no matter what color you dye it. Ugh.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Still tweaking the outfits, but am digging how well they're coming together. (sneaking pic 2 in because I like it so much)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Not at all.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Not using anything new to 6.1 but I've been eyeing the Hellhound Axe since I started poking at PvP in late 2019. And now, I have it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I would qualify as a housing baron

You're first post in the thread is to say that. While people are commiserating over the hosed housing market.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What RDM sword is that?

Crystarium rapier. I use crystarium stuff a lot

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I tried to get an apartment once but I tried like 3 wards and they were full. I hope the island is a true sanctuary

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Consummate Professional posted:

I tried to get an apartment once but I tried like 3 wards and they were full. I hope the island is a true sanctuary

Today I learned that apartments can get full :psyduck:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Today I learned that apartments can get full :psyduck:

The internet says 90 residents per building. I really wanted a Kugane apartment to cutdown on teleporting costs. Oh well.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

The internet says 90 residents per building. I really wanted a Kugane apartment to cutdown on teleporting costs. Oh well.

If you're not doing anything with Centurio seals right now, I would suggest doing the weekly HW and SB B-rank hunts from the hunt board. That's 40 aetheryte tickets a week if you only do those hunts, and that should cut down on a good chunk of your teleport costs.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

If you're not doing anything with Centurio seals right now, I would suggest doing the weekly HW and SB B-rank hunts from the hunt board. That's 40 aetheryte tickets a week if you only do those hunts, and that should cut down on a good chunk of your teleport costs.

Oh I got a buttload from doing BLU for TT cards. But I am leveling tanks and healers so I appreciate the tip!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Reaper makes for some real good Edge screenshots.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

You know, I don't think people give bots enough credit. Crafting would be basically impossible without a supply of cheap fire crystals

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I get a lot of crystals and clusters from maps, as well as stealing them from friends who don't craft yet somehow luck into a stack of water clusters during maps that I need to make their potions

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

re: not taking away houses from people who have more the one from before there was a limit: they should give me fracture and shell back because I played when those abilities existed.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Buy a copy of The Sims on sale and chill out.

Hey, I already have a large personal house and a small FC house and I still think you loving suck. So congrats on being a bad person.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

sassassin posted:

New Toto Rak sucks.

how many arr dungeons were changed?

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Mordiceius posted:

Hey, I already have a large personal house and a small FC house and I still think you loving suck. So congrats on being a bad person.

Bragging about a personal large when many FCs are still stuck in smalls (owning a large is mechanically equivalent to owning three small homes) is pretty gross and this is coming from another housing enthusiast.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Bragging about a personal large when many FCs are still stuck in smalls (owning a large is mechanically equivalent to owning three small homes) is pretty gross and this is coming from another housing enthusiast.

Not if that personal large is in the personal wards, where FCs cannot purchase a house anyway.

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Lord_Magmar posted:

Not if that personal large is in the personal wards, where FCs cannot purchase a house anyway.

Nope, still gross as it was likely gotten before 6.1. Even so, the wards will swap between personal and FC as patches go on so hopefully it will be freed up for a FC that needs it when that time comes.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Housing barons are cringe but this cspam tier clapback against them is somehow even more pathetic.

what the hell is happening in here lmao

please stop making death threats about player housing in a bideo shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If it's true that shell FCs only own 2-3% of houses then i don't really see the problem. Bernie's message of saying the 1% owns 50% of assets is attention grabbing, saying 1% owns 3% of stuff isn't the kind of rallying cry that makes people take notice.