Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

nom epique posted:

elden junk

:confused::respek::am:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
i dont have my x box with me.... fail

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

did styles trill epic get banned

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

nom epique posted:

i dont have my x box with me.... fail

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did styles trill epic get banned

:thunk:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

Speaking of Ubi, my friend and I reinstalled GR Breakpoint after remembering they added the option to remove the "rpg style leveling" of weapons and gear.

Which, is good, make the game more like the original. But holy poo poo, people joke about icons in Ubi games, this game is that on crack.

Menus on menus on menus. The objectives screen is so dense with pictures and branches and MULTIPLE pages. You can't even zoom out enough to see the entire story tree. I have the HUD set to minimum/dynamic and I am still inundated with tons and tons of Mission Nearby pop-ups.

It is extremely frustrating to play. The game does seemingly everything it can to jump in front of your face and distract you from whatever you are currently doing.

I bought it for the same reason and felt the exact same way. It's like the antithesis of what I like in game design. I found it borderline unplayable I can't even imagine how bad it was in loot mode. Deleted it after a few hours. And I even played a decent amount of Wildlands and didn't hate it (didn't like it a hell of a lot either).

I've bought so many Ubisoft open world games on sale over the years and hated nearly every one of them. I am such an idiot.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

I bought it for the same reason and felt the exact same way. It's like the antithesis of what I like in game design. I found it borderline unplayable I can't even imagine how bad it was in loot mode. Deleted it after a few hours. And I even played a decent amount of Wildlands and didn't hate it (didn't like it a hell of a lot either).

I've bought so many Ubisoft open world games on sale over the years and hated nearly every one of them. I am such an idiot.

I've bought the last three AssCreed games despite not caring for the RPG shift at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bought five AC games over the years and rented a few of them, despite not enjoying a single one of them, dating al the way back to the first one. I bought AC1 at launch and thought it blew, but that didn't stop me from spending the next decade seeing them on sale for $15 2 months after launch and going "durr maybe I'll like it this time goons said it's fun now" and then I'm just like "yup still sucks" and delete it after a really boring 2-8 hours.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

goons said it's fun now"

the great Black Flag swindle

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

the great Black Flag swindle

indeed

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I liked playing Breakpoint in "immersive mode" but I agree the menus are dogshit. It's trying too hard to give you a ton of (often optional) information in formats that use a lot of screen space instead of eg. just having a list of codex entries or a simple (possibly tiered) list of available missions.

The other part that's completely ridiculous is that you can't filter the icons on the world map so every collectible and mission you find information on will get added to the map. And there are a lot of weapon attachments and lore entries to find.

I also like how you can spoil some of the plot by going near the 2nd/3rd campaign mission starting points while still working through the original plot. Because the game just dumps the season (?) 2 and 3 missions on your map too, and trigger cutscenes for them when you go near.

orcane fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 25, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I went to go buy Babylon's Fall and aparently it was a PS5 exclusive???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Xbox stays winning

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Barudak posted:

Apparently it's on Xbox in September so ahhh yeah start holding your breath!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RIP the splinter cell reboot that is never happening

honestly I’m ok with that if it means that we as a society can finally stop loving the bloated corpse of Tom Clancy

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Nuts and Gum posted:

It's called MGS4 and it's awful.

Here’s to you
SA Xbox thread
something something
wish I was dead

the most garbage takes on this website are yours
that agony is your triumph

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best part of MGS4 was selling my collectors edition for way more than I paid for it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

Not sure why you'd want to considering it's already a failure even accounting for how few people are available to buy a PS5 game in the first place.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its on ps4 and steam too

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If you want the Babylon's Fall experience on the Xbox just buy Godfall. It's on there now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I kind of liked MGS4 but even accounting for MGS5 being unfinished I think it's the weakest one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait Sony paid for timed exclusivity for two different failed live service brawler games with glowing energy highlights on high-fantasy armor themed after ancient deities? Is that someones fetish at Sony?

Edit: The game has permanent region lock? Lmao.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think Babylon's Fall fell to 8 (eight) concurrent players on PC recently lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barudak posted:

Wait Sony paid for timed exclusivity for two different failed live service brawler games with glowing energy highlights on high-fantasy armor themed after ancient deities? Is that someones fetish at Sony?

Edit: The game has permanent region lock? Lmao.

It's because Denis Dyack's Too Human has now been retrospectively appraised as an all time great by game designers

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bardeh posted:

I think Babylon's Fall fell to 8 (eight) concurrent players on PC recently lol

Here's where it is rn lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skeezy posted:

Here's where it is rn lol

https://youtu.be/CCg99EPJhdU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Only 30 times smaller than industry juggernaut halo infinite? Pretty good for a plucky brand new ip if you ask me

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That's probably more than I expected/Halo Infinite deserves given how they've mismanaged it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's insane that they even bothered to release it if new maps and co-op were gonna be so far behind lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Id should just make halo x doom and then take over halo games after that

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I loved the poo poo out of Halo Infinite for about 3 weeks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it wasn't great but it had a grappling hook so i think the lesson is that even bad games can be extremely fun if you have grappling hooks

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I loved the poo poo out of Halo Infinite for about 3 weeks.

Yup. 343 could gently caress up a wet dream.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imagine if the next souls game had a grappling hook. The first 11/10 game

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it wasn't great but it had a grappling hook so i think the lesson is that even bad games can be extremely fun if you have grappling hooks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

imagine if the next souls game had a grappling hook. The first 11/10 game

Sekiro had one in 2019

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dang..... my lack of fromsoft knowledge exposed.....

(I don't actually like Fromsoft games but I deeply respect them)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you’d like sekiro

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i have 420 JRPGs to get through first but my favorite action games are like, DMC5 and MGR so maybe Sekiro is the game for me....

also i love hollow knight which definitely counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sekiro has big MGR vibes. slashy slashy with a sword and flying around really fast. it’s a classic