Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Nth-ing these. Feel like you all are grading Jade/Marina on a big curve because it wasn't bad.

Fair observation. Personally I ignored the structural flaws created by the commercial break and once I did that I liked it a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

All of my nominations are graded on a curve because there is no objective way to rate a match.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 4/22

HM: Adam Cole vs. Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
27th March
Stardom World Climax 2022 The Top
High Speed Title
AZM vs Koguma vs Natsupoi

HM
27th March
KAIRI vs Starlight Kid

Had to take a break there as I felt tiredness settling in but good stuff, with the best to come in the top 3 matches

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
X Division Championship
"Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Trey Miguel vs. Ace Austin

Go loving find this, holy poo poo. The pace was insane and they didn't miss a single spot, I cannot believe what I just saw

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 24, 2022

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Josh Barnett vs. Ren Narita, NJPW Strong, Feb 12
HM: Robbie Eagles vs. Taiji Ishimori, NJPW New Year Golden Series, Feb 13

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM: Mei Suruga vs. Yuko Sakurai ChocoPro #220 04/24/2022

These two have a great chemistry together and Mei shows off her skills.

The show also has a real lmao botch from Chie which she recovers very very smoothly from

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

boxcarhobo posted:

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
X Division Championship

Go loving find this, holy poo poo. The pace was insane and they didn't miss a single spot, I cannot believe what I just saw

Nth, I'll add

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
World Championship
Moose (c) vs Josh Alexander

big dudes doing big moves, 10+1 suplexes, the right outcome

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
WMOTYC - The Briscoes vs. SGC - GCW The Old me 4/23/22

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Chris Bey vs. Eddie Edwards
HM: Steve Maclin vs. Chris Sabin vs. "Switchblade" Jay White
MOTYC: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie - AAA Reina de Reinas Championship
MOTYC: Trey Miguel (c) vs. Ace Austin vs. "Speedball" Mike Baily - Impact X Division Championship
MOTYC: JONAH vs. Tomohiro Ishii
MOTYC: Moose (c) vs. Josh Alexander - Impact World Championship

All from Impact Wrestling Rebellion, 4/23. I almost want to drop everything before Moose/Alexander down a ranking, it whipped so much rear end.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Street Pro-Wrestling World Championship ~ King of Street Wrestling ~ Final April 23rd
HM
Chris Brookes vs Abdullah Kobayashi
- I was not expecting much from this since Abby's semi final match sucked, but this was a good time. Some moments definitely dragged, but there was some very fun stuff here including interrupting a family's time at the park and Chris rolling down a hill into a giant mountain of chairs

Nth. Solid and funny.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Prominence Flag-Off Event ~ Scarlet Flame of the Beginning ~ April 24th
MOTYC
RIsa Sera vs Takashi Sakaski
- gently caress yeah, blood for the blood god. The three matches gave us a false sense of security that these deathmatches would be tame, then Risa came along and got a couple dozen lightubes smashed open on her

Suzu Suzuki and Jun Kasai vs Akane Fujita and Violent Jack
- A tough ask having to follow the Sera deathmatch, and luckily there were a couple of sick fucks waiting in the wings to help the Prominence ladies try to realise it. Not as good as the previous match, but still an awesome way to finish off their launch show

HM
Itsuki Aoki & Miyako Matsumoto vs Ryo Mizunami & Yukari Hosokawa
- A very fun opener that had the crowd very loud. Aniki was the standout but all four had some great moments

Takayuki Ueki vs Mochi Miyagi
- Comedy deathmatches can be hit or miss, but the combination of laughs and painful spots made this a winner. Ueki is a very silly man who is also a maniac of the highest order

Great first show, though maybe not if you're turned off by women's deathmatches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

e: double post, ignore

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
24th April
Prominence Flag-Off Event Scarlet Flame of the Beginning
Risa Sera vs Takashi Sasaki

MOTYC
24th April
Prominence Flag-Off Event Scarlet Flame of the Beginning
Akane Fujita & Violento Jack vs Jun Kasai & Suzu Suzuki

If you have Wrestle Universe you should watch this show. It's a lot of fun. Assuming you're a sick gently caress degenerate who likes deathmatches anyway. These 2 matches were gnarly, hell of a mission statement from Prominence.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- gently caress yeah, blood for the blood god. The three matches gave us a false sense of security that these deathmatches would be tame, then Risa came along and got a couple dozen lightubes smashed open on her

- A tough ask having to follow the Sera deathmatch, and luckily there were a couple of sick fucks waiting in the wings to help the Prominence ladies try to realise it. Not as good as the previous match, but still an awesome way to finish off their launch show

HM
- A very fun opener that had the crowd very loud. Aniki was the standout but all four had some great moments

- Comedy deathmatches can be hit or miss, but the combination of laughs and painful spots made this a winner. Ueki is a very silly man who is also a maniac of the highest order

I'll nth this

I'm most interested in how they'll resolve the differences between where they've come from and the predominant "real" death match style in the future but Prominence undoubtedly proved that they've got what it takes.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Soma Watanabe vs. Takanori Ito - GLEAT G-Pro Wrestling Ver. 23 (4/20)

Some really, really great pro wrestling between the two original signings for this promotion. Fantastic closing stretch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsB5mLEqyLI

Nth, go watch this please

a little miffed about the camera setup but it still did not detract from the match quality

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
X Division Championship

J-Ro posted:

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
World Championship

nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

nth, excellent excellent show

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT FREE April 22nd
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and MAO) vs REVENGERS (Yuji Hino and ASUKA)
- I really need to stop underestimating the Sauna Boys. I thought they would go maybe 10 minutes with a fun mix of comedy and hard hits. They did that, then they ramped up the aggression and did another 10 minutes like it wasn't a no commentary show at Shinjuku FACE. Hino and ASUKA work really well together, hopefully they continue teaming in DDT going forward and we are able to leave Hino's team with Naya in the background

Rest of the card is skippable but definitely check out this one if you like any of these four

nth, very fun and good match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
27th March
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Himeka, Maika & Thekla) vs Prominence (Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)

MOTYC
27th March
Wonder Of Stardom Title
Saya Kamitani vs Tam Nakano

MOTYC
27th March
World Of Stardom Title
Syuri vs Mayu Iwatani

Great show from Stardom

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

J-Ro posted:

Nth, I'll add

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
World Championship

big dudes doing big moves, 10+1 suplexes, the right outcome

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

MOTYC
Impact Rebellion 4/23
X Division Championship

Nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth, really cool show!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bit of a backlog here from last week:

AEW Dynamite 4/20

MOTYC: CM Punk vs. Dustin Rhodes
HM: Darby Allin vs. Andrade el Idolo

AEW Rampage 4/22

HM: Adam Cole vs. Tomohiro Ishii
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 14
D'courage (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) & Susumu Yokosuka vs Z-Brats (Diamante, KAI & SB KENTo)

HM
25th April
HIGH-END (Ben-K, Kagetora & YAMATO) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei & Kzy) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, HYO & Shun Skywalker)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Taichi (C) vs. Shingo Takagi in a First to 30 Pin Counts Match for the KOPW Provisional Trophy - NJPW Golden Fight Series 4/25

I had my doubts about the match type but it ended up being tense as hell and has some absurdly cool moments.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Taichi (C) vs. Shingo Takagi in a First to 30 Pin Counts Match for the KOPW Provisional Trophy - NJPW Golden Fight Series 4/25

I had my doubts about the match type but it ended up being tense as hell and has some absurdly cool moments.

MOTYC

Started great with a bunch of flash pinfall attempts, became a very good NJPW main event style match and then the finishers came out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Taichi vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW Golden Fight Series, 25/04

This is a KOPW title defence so there's a special gimmick where the winner is the first to get to 30 across all pincounts. This leads to some really interesting setups and makes the closing section an incredibly tense bombfest

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Taichi vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW Golden Fight Series, 25/04

This is a KOPW title defence so there's a special gimmick where the winner is the first to get to 30 across all pincounts. This leads to some really interesting setups and makes the closing section an incredibly tense bombfest

Thirded

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Golden Fight Series April 25th
MOTYC
Taichi (c) vs Shingo Takagi - King of Pro Wrestling Trophy

HM
House of Torture (EVIL, SHO and Yujiro Takahashi) (c) vs Hontai (Hiroshi Tanahashi and GoD (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)) - NEVER Openweight 6 Man Championships

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 25, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
House of Torture (EVIL, SHO and Yujiro Takahashi) (c) vs Hontai (Hiroshi Tanahashi and GoD (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)) - NEVER Openweight 6 Man Championships

2nd

Loving the House this year

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DPW Forever april 23rd

HM:
diego hill vs bk westbrook vs the giant andrew everett vs gringo loco
kidd bandit vs lucky ali
rosemary vs hiroyo matsumoto
colby corino vs the milk man donnie ray

motyc
bojack vs biff busick

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Naito vs. Okada, Feb 20, NJPW New Years Golden Series

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
25th April
D'courage (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) & Susumu Yokosuka vs Z-Brats (Diamante, KAI & SB KENTo)

HM
25th April
HIGH-END (Ben-K, Kagetora & YAMATO) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei & Kzy) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, HYO & Shun Skywalker)

2nd

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Day Dream Believer March 27th
MOTYC
Burning (Tetsuya Endo, Yusuke Okada and Yuya Koroku) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno and Toi Kojima)
- The interactions between Endo and Take were great as an epilogue to their awesome match last week, but the real treat here was the rookies of each stable. Koroku continues to improve by leaps and bounds, and Kojima brought a fire I hadn't seen out of him before. Great stuff

HM
Yuki Iino (c) vs Shunma Katsumata - DDT Extreme Title
- The parts where it was just a Shunma vs Iino hardcore match were very entertaining, but points have to be docked for the stink of Pheromones. gently caress Pheromones

2nd these both

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada & Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW Anniversary Event, 3/1
HM: El Desperado vs. Kazuchika Okada, New Japan Cup, 3/2
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Tomohiro Ishii, New Japan Cup 3/7

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd March
NOAH Just Fine Night 2
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs Hideki Suzuki, Masato Tanaka & Takashi Sugiura

MOTYC
23rd March
NOAH Just Fine Night 2
Go Shiozaki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima

Obviously not as great as their match on 1/1 but still cool. This show also has a lame Eita vs YO-HEY match, & I have a decent tolerance for YO-HEY.

HM
24th March
Just Fine! 2022 Night 3
Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya & Takashi Sugiura vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Manabu Soya

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
10th April
Marvelous
AAAW Tag Team Title League B Block
Ai Houzan & Yurika Oka vs Makoto & Maria

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Brandon Cutler - AEW Dark Elevation 4/25

This was a ton of fun and a great showcase for Takeshita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Brandon Cutler - AEW Dark Elevation 4/25

This was a ton of fun and a great showcase for Takeshita.

Nth this. Very fun match.