Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

kntfkr posted:

Regards,

BUTTFUCKER

COCKSLIME INDUSTRIES

Not enough naming and shaming of these scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crackbone posted:

I know there are people that loving MAGA'ed, but it's hard for me to conceive they are dumb enough to put all of that in writing.

I had a client host a mandatory prayer session for Romneys victory over Obama so yes, they do.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Critical posted:

Boomer rear end in a top hat bosses losing their minds (and consequently their entire workforce) is the theme of the day apparently.

What’s especially wild about this is that it’s easy to rework into standard capitalistic double-speak:

Someone who isn’t a mustache-twirling psychopath posted:

Hello team,

We are recalibrating some of our policies to ensure we provide the caliber and consistency of service our clients expect.

• Regrettably, we will be decreasing base pay across the board by $3 in response to the overall economic situation, and put a temporary hold on increases to compensation. We will actively assess when we can resume our typical compensation practices.
  • Over the next month, we will be phasing out our temporary remote work policies for all employees. Please take the next month to make the necessary arrangements. As of June 1, all employees will be expected on-site. We are not evaluating a hybrid work model or exemptions to this policy at this time.
  • To address issues with inappropriate technology usage, we will be implementing new IT policies and software to permit only business-critical use cases. Use of personal electronics on the premises is prohibited and will result in disciplinary action.

Please reach out to [NAME] (before [DATE]) or myself if you have any questions about these changes. While we understand they may be challenging, they represent the best path forward to allow the business and all our employees to prosper.

Regards,
[NAME]

So it takes a hugely stupid person to step on this rake.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Blue Moonlight posted:

A business owner!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

A business owner!

A job creator!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Critical posted:

Boomer rear end in a top hat bosses losing their minds (and consequently their entire workforce) is the theme of the day apparently.

Love the "Don't loving @ me" at the end. Apparently this was sent hours before the dickhead went on a two week vacation.

Stop blocking out company names. These dickheads need to be named and shamed as an example to the rest.

Efb

Mister Facetious posted:

Not enough naming and shaming of these scum

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

oh I absolutely would have shamed the prick I grabbed that from elsewhere because it blew my mind

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TotalLossBrain posted:

A business owner!

You've heard of HENRY, Now here comes FONSY!

Future Owner Not Sociopathic Yet

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The mystery of the emails to nowhere has been solved: Turns out that the person who was supposed to be receiving them was in the room when I brought up the issue but didn't know their own email address so he didn't speak up. He'd been complaining about not being able to open his (full) email to a long-since discontinued ticketing system and never mentioned it to anybody else.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Better to keep ones mouth shut and appear foolish than open it and remove all doubt after all

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Asehujiko posted:

The mystery of the emails to nowhere has been solved: Turns out that the person who was supposed to be receiving them was in the room when I brought up the issue but didn't know their own email address so he didn't speak up. He'd been complaining about not being able to open his (full) email to a long-since discontinued ticketing system and never mentioned it to anybody else.

Please tell me the immediate next sentence was "so we're deprioritizing that then"

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

At my last job we had a few /var/log/READTHISLOGHOLYSHIT files that were completely undocumented. We also had a few /home/username/EVENMOREIMPORTANTERRORSHERE files that were alluded to in our internal wiki but in the least obvious way.

E: We also had load bearing bugs in our init scripts. Bad environment variables at the start that were compensated for in the case statement.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 23, 2022

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
The baker who left/was fired for physically threatening a barista is back, and was there for my entire shift today, from beginning to end. I was squeezed into corners the whole time because either her stuff was sprawled out across both workstations in the kitchen, or she had one and my boss had the other. I barely had space (or time) to fry the 10 dozen donuts I have to prep every Saturday, since she had a giant pot of soup on the stove where we fry the donuts. Also noticed that this baker doesn’t get so much as a disapproving look for leaving her dishes in the three compartment sink or not ensuring the dishwasher racks are in the same place all the time.

Fun fact, we had three workstations before the overnight kitchen reorganization. Now there are two, which makes having three people in the kitchen absolutely unworkable.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Blue Moonlight posted:

What’s especially wild about this is that it’s easy to rework into standard capitalistic double-speak:

This would not stop this person losing half of their staff overnight which is a bigger problem than a potential lawsuit; by the time the workers got any kind of judgment against the business, which isn’t certain in any case, it would be defunct.

people who ran a business for 30-40 years in lovely slack labor markets just straight up do not know how to react to a tight one.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

The baker who left/was fired for physically threatening a barista is back, and was there for my entire shift today, from beginning to end. I was squeezed into corners the whole time because either her stuff was sprawled out across both workstations in the kitchen, or she had one and my boss had the other. I barely had space (or time) to fry the 10 dozen donuts I have to prep every Saturday, since she had a giant pot of soup on the stove where we fry the donuts. Also noticed that this baker doesn’t get so much as a disapproving look for leaving her dishes in the three compartment sink or not ensuring the dishwasher racks are in the same place all the time.

Fun fact, we had three workstations before the overnight kitchen reorganization. Now there are two, which makes having three people in the kitchen absolutely unworkable.

:sever:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Barudak posted:

I had a client host a mandatory prayer session for Romneys victory over Obama so yes, they do.

Dang, I used to work at a MegaCorp that had sponsored a ballot initiative that our CEO was obsessed with and they put a giant sign in the lobby encouraging employees to vote for it and that came down real fast overnight after Legal/HR must have learned trying to tell your employees how to vote when they rely on their jobs for food/healthcare is probably extremely illegal.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those emails are likely fake anyway so blocking out the name is necessary to keep the fantasy intact.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009
I’ve worked for a few small businesses in a town of ~50k people, so while there’s a chance that this and similar emails are fake, bosses like that absolutely do exist. It’s extremely plausible that their Boomer victim complex would combine with good old leaded gasoline fumes to produce such a screed.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Interview with an Agile Coach in 2022 - Part 1 (4* minute joke video)

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 25, 2022

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Well that’s going into the teams chat for the all IT standup in the morning

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Car Hater posted:

Better to keep ones mouth shut and appear foolish than open it and remove all doubt after all

:same:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
The content creator deserves a medal for his work.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Welp just got told there are to be no checks cut this week due to "internal balance movements" and we have a "town hall" teams meeting with the president on Thursday. I estimate a 30% chance I get shitcanned via a teams call and 50% I get it on Friday.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The person who made this has no idea what they're even trying to parody lol

Like I get there are bad coaches out there but some of the stuff he says is actually correct

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Hopefully you've been looking for a new job since the "mostly unsuccessful data breach". Because if that wasn't a neon flashing warning sign I don't know what is.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

Hopefully you've been looking for a new job since the "mostly unsuccessful data breach". Because if that wasn't a neon flashing warning sign I don't know what is.

Oh yes I have feelers out. Honestly not stressed a bit, fairly confident I can pick something up quickly and I qualify for UA if they do let me go.

I actually got a call from an old employer for a position not in accounting but I think my price scared them off.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Elephant Ambush posted:

The person who made this has no idea what they're even trying to parody lol

Like I get there are bad coaches out there but some of the stuff he says is actually correct

I don't think this makes you/Agile sound as a good as you think it does...

Your point is basically that even someone deliberately parodying Agile is saying some things that are "correct"? Someone deliberately trying to be ridiculous is saying things you agree with.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Agile believers are true believers. it doesn't matter if it works for anyone else or not, lol

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Process over progress. If your paycheck/employment depends on being a capital A "Agile <whatever>" the output is not what you are incentivized to pay attention to.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I don't believe any of those things and it's really funny how you all jump to insane conclusions. There are unfortunately unwavering hardcore agile cultists but the opposing online army of weirdos not even trying to improve things in any way and blaming agile coaches for failure instead of poor leadership is also awful.

Agility shouldn't be forced where it doesn't make sense. I'm in a situation like that right now with a team I'm coaching and I've asked to be put with a different team because imposing scrum on that team will actually slow them down and cause problems but this incredibly weird goony hivemind that insists that agility is always bad and wrong all the time is extremely stupid also.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

agile makes literally no sense outside of software development and people shouldn't try to apply it as such

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looks like it's time for another Agile Fight! Full disclosure: I basically have no idea what it is.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There are ideas from Agile that can be productively used in other fields, but it's not something you can just import wholesale and expect good things.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

We need to set up an Agile process for posting.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

boar guy posted:

agile makes literally no sense outside of software development and people shouldn't try to apply it as such

Completely agreed, and even then, I disagree with using agile on ALL software development projects. Sometimes it’s nice to have an actual finished product instead of launching with a buggy piece of poo poo an iterative user experience.

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 25, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A guy in contract negotiation got asked to design a minimum viable product contract and I think he began debating how long it would take the police to arrive after he started his rampage.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Zil posted:

We need to set up an Agile process for posting.

I post, and receive immediate feedback, and it does not change how I post.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Agile just sounds like a buzzword managers use to make themselves sound important to a company run by boomers.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

grah! six sigma! employee book club! agile! GGOB! data audit! the green m and m! ebidta! ADP! onsite gym! bob seger's thoughts on stage! are we a company yet? grah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

EBITDA has the distinct disadvantage of actually meaning something, even if most people who use it have no idea what it stands for or what half the words in the acronym actually mean.