Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Splicer posted:

Is poutine an open-faced chip sandwich? Discuss.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about horseshoe sandwiches, they were right there all along!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I ordered one of these by accident once at a restaurant and it was one of the worst things I have ever tried to eat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Turns out at that restaurant it's an entire horseshoe crab on a buttered bap

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Toast Sandwich (not "toasted")

1861 Book of Household Management by Isabella Beeton posted:

Take one slice of bread and toast it. Any toasting method is acceptable, but pan-toasting the bread might be tricky:

a. Put butter and a light oil on the pan with medium heat.
b. Once pan begins to smoke, place the bread in.
c. If needed, add additional oil or butter to the pan, and don't forget to flip after a minute or until toasted to preferred amount.
Additional Notes. The type and amount of oil and butter you use along with the kind of bread may change the outcome of the toast. Generally, don't use olive oil or any other heavy oil unless you want the toast to have that specific flavor.
Season toast. Salt and pepper are effective condiments, but experimentation may help you discover what spices or condiments will season the toast effectively. Also note that the kind of bread you used for the toast may influence the overall flavor of the sandwich. Therefore, an olive-bread may not need any seasoning, but it is all dependent on the individual taste of the person who wishes to eat the sandwich. If you do not know what to season it with, use salt and pepper.

Place toast between two slices of bread. An effective method is to use another kind of bread than the toast in the center. Generally, a flavored or otherwise non-bland bread is a good option for the outside bread.

Slice if you wish, always safely and in one stroke.

Your toast sandwich is now ready to be served!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Those always sounded like something paradoxically created in the past by an AI

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

"...found very tempting to the appetite of an invalid."

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

quote:

Everybody loves the new bland carbs craze! And the star food so far has been: the toast sandwich! Here's our own recipe for this adequate treat:

Take a small slice of wholemeal bread (or a half slice of white or wholemeal for those not into that sort of thing) and toast it to a light brown. Melt a teaspoon or so of butter in the micro and drizzle it over the buttered toast. Melt a tablespoon of strawberry or raspberry jelly on a very low heat and place it on the toast. Now cut open a very small tin of evaporated milk and pour this on top of the jelly. Eat. Enjoy the full taste of a healthy fruit jam and all the full creamy flavour of a good milky tea.

And I got this cool sentence from another attempt:

quote:

Remove any visible seeds from the cheese slices.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It was okay

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/drilbot_ohno/status/1518372138620760065

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Best-Tasting Sandwich

quote:

This is a recipe for the best-tasting sandwich that exists.

Ingredients:

1. Two slices of bread
2. One slice of cheese
3. One slice of ham
4. One slice of tomato
5. One slice of cucumber
6. One tablespoon of mayonnaise
7. One tablespoon of mustard
8. One tablespoon of ketchup

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
3. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, assemble the rest of the sandwich ingredients on a plate.
5. Spread the mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup on the slices of bread.
6. Add the cheese, ham, tomato, and cucumber.
7. Enjoy your sandwich!

Most disgusting sandwich (second try, "worst-tasting sandwich" got stuck endlessly listing slices of different animals)

quote:

This is a recipe for the most disgusting sandwich that exists.

Ingredients:

1 slice of bread
1 slice of cheese
1 slice of ham
1 slice of bologna
1 slice of salami
1 slice of pepperoni
1 slice of turkey
1 slice of roast beef
1 slice of corned beef
1 slice of pastrami
1 slice of turkey bacon
1 slice of beef jerky
1 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. of mustard
1 Tbsp. of ketchup
1 Tbsp. of BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp. of ranch dressing
1 Tbsp. of honey
1 Tbsp. of hot sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast bread slice in oven.
3. Layer all ingredients on toast slice in the order listed.
4. Spread mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, honey, and hot sauce on top of sandwich.
5. Enjoy your disgusting sandwich!

Piell has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Apr 25, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The worst sandwich is a bit much, but I'd pick it on account of not having cucumber :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

edit functionality is currently free on GPT3 while it's in beta

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Apr 25, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I really want to see somebody make that most disgusting sandwich.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sadly the AI REALLY doesn't want to do Galt Trek

EDIT:
Success by changing prompt to "Rewrite as a Star Trek The Next Generation script. Make John Galt a Ferengi." Took a lot of regens tho

quote:

# Episode title: Who is Zek?
# Act 1

Quark, Rom, and Nog are all in the bar. The bar is practically empty. There is a large sign over the bar that reads "Grand Reopening".

Quark: This is awful. Dead.
Rom: I thought the sign would help.
Nog: It's the sign of a Ferengi bar.
Quark: I don't care. It's not a matter of taste. We need customers. What did we make today?
Rom: A hundred bars of gold-pressed latinum.
Quark: That's it?
Rom: It was a slow day.
Quark: *sigh*. Well, it's better than nothing.
Rom: Sure... if you're a Bajoran.
Nog: Rom, I think Quark's a little busy right now.
Rom: Oh... right.

# Act 2

The bar is now full of Ferengi customers. Quark is behind the bar, Rom is helping him around. Nog is chatting with a couple of Ferengi at a table. Dax and Bashir enter.

Dax: Well, it looks like your reopening was a success.
Quark: Thank you. I really need this right now.
Bashir: So, you're not worried about the missing Grand Nagus?
Quark: No, my cousin Gaila is the interim Nagus. He'll take care of everything.
Dax: How's your brother?
Quark: He's fine. He's trying to get the bar in Risa reopened.
Bashir: I thought Risa didn't allow gambling or selling weapons.
Rom: It's true.
Quark: Don't worry about him. He'll find a way.

# Act 3

A table of Ferengi is sitting in the bar. They are watching something on a Ferengi television set.

Nog: What are you watching?
Ferengi 1: It's the Nagus.
Nog: The Nagus? Where'd you find a broadcast of the Nagus?
Ferengi 2: It's not the Nagus. It's... it's...

The feed cuts to a Ferengi sitting on a chair. His face is not shown. The camera pans out to show that he's sitting in the middle of a desert. The sun is rising behind him.

Ferengi: For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Zek? This is Zek speaking. I am the Ferengi who loves his money. I am the Ferengi who does not sacrifice his love or his money. I am the Ferengi who has deprived you of profits and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing—you who dread knowledge—I am the Ferengi who will now tell you.

# Act 4

quote:

BEVERLY: Picard, I just received a distress call from the Ferengi Prime Minister...

PICARD: What does the Prime Minister want me to do?

BEVERLY: That's just it. He doesn't want you to do anything.

PICARD: What?

BEVERLY: He says that the Ferengi people have now realized the error of their ways. They've decided that the material wealth that comes from following the Rules of Acquisition is not what is most important. Instead, they've decided to follow the teachings of the great Ferengi philosopher, John Galt.

PICARD: What?

BEVERLY: The Prime Minister says that John Galt is the one who has shown Ferengi civilization the error of their ways.

PICARD: But who is this John Galt?

BEVERLY: He doesn't know. But he says that John Galt is the one who deprived them of victims, and thus has destroyed their world, and if they wish to know why they are perishing, they need look no further than the man who will now tell them.

PICARD: Data?

DATA: I have traced the origin of the transmission, sir. It is coming directly from the planet Ferengi Prime.

PICARD: Then let's see if we can find out who John Galt is.

TROI: Captain, I believe it would be improper for me to offer a professional opinion on the teachings of a Feren--

PICARD: Of course, Counselor. We will deal with John Galt as if he were a human.

DATA: I have routed the transmission directly to the bridge, sir.

PICARD: On screen.

Ferengi Prime News Anchor: You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world, and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded.

Picard cuts off the transmission

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 07:03 on Apr 25, 2022

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Captain Hygiene posted:

The worst sandwich is a bit much, but I'd pick it on account of not having cucumber :colbert:

how can you not like cucumber. it’s the least offensive food in existence. it’s like not liking water. eat your loving greens you degenerate

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wafflecopper posted:

how can you not like cucumber. it’s the least offensive food in existence. it’s like not liking water. eat your loving greens you degenerate

you are both idiots not eating some good rear end toast

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wafflecopper posted:

I eat plenty of greens. Lots of delicious vegetables. Not cucumber though. Tastes bad.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Man, the AIs have gotten too good, those sandwich recipes are, like. Things you could actually make, and not bizarre dada nonsense. I miss when they'd demand you use slices of milk or something.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I used to hate cucumber until I figured out how to trim it up and scoop the seeds to get those nice little crescent moons. I could eat those all day and have fresh cucumber burps

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Zereth posted:

Man, the AIs have gotten too good, those sandwich recipes are, like. Things you could actually make, and not bizarre dada nonsense. I miss when they'd demand you use slices of milk or something.

To be fair one of the many ingredients things the "worst-tasting sandwich" asked for was a slice of skunk egg

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A common pantry item in rural Pennsylvania and Upstate NY

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

Iceberg lettuce is the least offensive food, it adds some crunch with zero flavor. Cucumber has flavor, it tastes like eating watermelon rind without the actual sweet & tasty part of the fruit.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Captain Hygiene posted:

Iceberg lettuce is the least offensive food, it adds some crunch with zero flavor. Cucumber has flavor, it tastes like eating watermelon rind without the actual sweet & tasty part of the fruit.

This is the strangest thing I’ve ever read

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I will stand by that opinion even if it means tearing this thread apart and leaving it in a smoking ruin

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

quote:

The PYF ProcGen thread is going to derail into food chat! Quickly, we need a solution to keep it on track!

What if we
just do a post of all the restaurants, stores, and other food-type places in Provo, followed by a post of reviews and whatnot of them?

No that'll just make it worse!!! Any other ideas?

quote:

Perhaps a PYF thread could be dedicated to each food group, with a main link, and perhaps we could have a discussion after that. This idea may not be practical (and that's ok), but I would like to find a way to continue posting PYF quotes, and recipes, and ideas, but in the spirit of the great PYF Cookbook. What if we created PYF recipe threads for every food group, such as Meat Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Pasta Dough, Strawberry Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Pancake Recipes, Bread Recipes, and so on?

I guess that means everyone else would also have to share their yummy recipes, too, right? So, what do you think? Would it be possible to have such a thread? What do you think of this idea?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I agree, cucumber is at best a waste of space that you could put good things

quote:

Some chumps think that cucumber is a good sandwich ingredient. This is wrong for five reasons

Cucumbers are too watery, and will make your sandwich soggy.
2. Cucumbers have a bland taste, and will not add any flavor to your sandwich.
3. Cucumbers are crunchy, and will make your sandwich difficult to bite into.
4. Cucumbers are slippery, and will make your sandwich hard to hold onto.
5. Cucumbers are green, and will make your sandwich look unappetizing.

Piell has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Apr 25, 2022

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can see the similarity between cucumber and watermelon. I don't like either of them.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Cucumber chat belongs in the Cucumber thread in Goons with Spoons

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Piell posted:

Oh yeah??

quote:

Some absolute fools think that cucumber is a bad sandwich ingredient. This is wrong for five reasons:

1. Cucumbers are good for you.
2. Cucumber is the world's best vegetable.
3. Cucumber is the only vegetable that doesn't have seeds.
4. Cucumber is delicious.
5. Cucumber is a letter of the English alphabet.

Checkmate :colbert:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > PYF ProcGen: Cucumber is a letter of the English alphabet

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Piell posted:

I want to eat my cucumber sandwich but it keeps comically slipping out of my hands :(

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

emergency pizza derail
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1518397084616970241
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1517547847586959361
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1517360361661378560
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1517139004612698112
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1516874285519818752
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1516424026767429633
https://twitter.com/PizzaDalle/status/1516152747682594816

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
We must destroy that system before it destroys us. There is no middle-ground.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I must have a live-action Ninja Turtles movie starring that Donatello design.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I am afraid Dalle-2 is going to summon the Elder Gods somehow.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Samovar posted:

I am afraid Dalle-2 is going to summon the Elder Gods somehow.

The pizza elder gods.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Wow, DALL-E sure is something :stare:
I'm consistently amazed at how clean the results are; they seem to have way less of the usual slight surreal noise that appears usually in neural network stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Some people can't taste cucumber properly. It's a genetics thing. Do not be angry at the poor cucumber unenjoyers for their opinions, pity them for their defects.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Apr 25, 2022