Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1518579910805270529?s=20&t=mNDN2Zpv_8EhQbsMAvv2vw

Does this fit definition of irony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vampire Panties posted:

- jet kid banned
- anyone Musk doesnt like = banned (especially politicians who would raise his taxes, banned first day edit Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders permaban)
- gimmick accounts like Devin Nunes Cow = absolutely banned
- any negative reference to Musk or his companies = straight to the ban
- getting banned from Twitter = banned from anything Musk related (i.e. Starlink, Tesla, maybe Paypal who loving knows)
- somehow even more racist/bigoted under the guise of free speech
- absolute harebrained, possible criminal method of gathering user info to 'verify' users
- tiered user levels / subscription model, maybe even a way to pay to delete someone else's tweets

and as a free spot in Musk Twitter Bingo - some new feature Musk insists be implemented from Day One exposes a massive security breach that staggers the company, losing >10% of its value within seven days of final sale.

Elon said he wants to come out with an Edit Tweet feature but when someone asked him about how it would work he basically just described delete and repost

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah but that would take self reflection on their part.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WhyteRyce posted:

Elon said he wants to come out with an Edit Tweet feature but when someone asked him about how it would work he basically just described delete and repost

"I invented delete and repost"

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Trump is so poor that he's mothballed Trump Force One and is travelling on some tiny pity jet that a GOP donor has loaned him.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

We'll all have to watch that Wario SNL clip in order to tweet, and they'll use some kind of facial recognition software to ensure you actually laugh at it.

If you don't laugh then twitter automatically tweets that you're a pedophile.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Dementropy posted:

I definitely need to dig out my account (also from around like 2008). My wife uses Tumblr regularly because it's generally a friendlier, more creative, and smarter community than other platforms. I'm also intrigued by their new non-segmented marketing that just allows people to blast posts to random strangers.

For those not in the know, Tumblr Blaze, quite possibly the site's first successful way to make money, was implemented last week or so. It allows users to spend :10bux: to blast a sfw shitpost to 2500 completely random users.

A group of catholic tradwives did a big blast to gain conversions, but their ads are getting dunked on and the mockeries are getting reblogged far more than the originals. Tumblr gets its money either way so they don't care, and the community gets new content organically - an advertising whale fall.

What a world!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/SchneidRemarks/status/1518599739184488449

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Lmao

Also I'd be shocked if Elon doesn't abuse women too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

TBH it'll probably something stupid like LinkedIn surging to prominence. People already love it as Facebook-lite and it has a corporate veneer of believability. They could even take a giant throwback move from Facebook and require a corporate email address to create an account :v:

The next Twitter is going to be something not on anybody radar at the moment. It'll be something like a website designed to share knitting patterns or figting game character tier lists or other stuff that's impenetrable to outsiders that has a small but dedicated user group who use it for a bit more than was intended and then in the days when Twitter is burning, it winds up breaking out.

What I'm saying is if Jeffery plays his cards right, Something Awful can be weirdly relevant again.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

frankly the dude should count his blessings that he's out of this marriage

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Random Stranger posted:

The next Twitter is going to be something not on anybody radar at the moment. It'll be something like a website designed to share knitting patterns or figting game character tier lists or other stuff that's impenetrable to outsiders that has a small but dedicated user group who use it for a bit more than was intended and then in the days when Twitter is burning, it winds up breaking out.

What I'm saying is if Jeffery plays his cards right, Something Awful can be weirdly relevant again.

that maintenance we had was to prepare us to go from 5k concurrent users to 500 million

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dementropy posted:

I definitely need to dig out my account (also from around like 2008). My wife uses Tumblr regularly because it's generally a friendlier, more creative, and smarter community than other platforms. I'm also intrigued by their new non-segmented marketing that just allows people to blast posts to random strangers.

Dammit, is that where all these posts are coming from?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

that maintenance we had was to prepare us to go from 5k concurrent users to 500 million

:hmmyes:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol you sad gently caress. he will abandon your dumb rear end in a heartbeat if he is invited back. christ nunes is a sad sack of poo poo.

Devin Nunes should be held up as an warning example for kids of what you will end up like if you are a disingenuous sack of poo poo who lies about everything, and don't care about anybody but yourself, and have no intellectual curiosity, and are a Putin-loving traitor.

BE FOREWARNED, CHILDREN......

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's time to prepare for a post-web 3.0 economy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Slight credit to Lowtax, though: I do appreciate the fact that SA is one of the last online spaces that isn't a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, Google, or some other behemoth.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Devin Nunes should be held up as an warning example for kids of what you will end up like if you are a disingenuous sack of poo poo who lies about everything, and don't care about anybody but yourself, and have no intellectual curiosity, and are a Putin-loving traitor.

BE FOREWARNED, CHILDREN......

i think he is a true believe moron who also thinks trump wont stab him in the back or let him hang because he is a deluded loyal moron.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Slight credit to Lowtax, though: I do appreciate the fact that SA is one of the last online spaces that isn't a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, Google, or some other behemoth.

what about the various chan boards and such?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Dementropy posted:

https://twitter.com/MurphyAJC/status/1518366548586639363

I somehow missed this yesterday. I apologize if it's already been posted.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1518620852874534914

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what about the various chan boards and such?

Oh, true. I've never checked out the chans in depth because, honestly, I've associated it with pepes and online Nazis (I know not everyone on there is like that).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I know I'm just screaming into the void here, but this makes me irrationally angry.

All the schools, hospitals, housing for the poor, food, medical bills, tuition, misc aid, etc $46.5 billion could pay for, and instead this fuckhead uses it to buy a website to own the libs.

Eat the rich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3t49NsWBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHyGpFncovU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Oh, true. I've never checked out the chans in depth because, honestly, I've associated it with pepes and online Nazis (I know not everyone on there is like that).

i mean agreed but they are probably bigger then SA at some point. the only reason no one cares about SA is because we are dying gay antique forum.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1518602585233670144

RIGGED ELECTIONS.

It's the new battle cry when the right loses.

Encouraging the French to revolt is like encouraging the Mongolians to form a horde. Seems a little culturally insensitive for our republican representatives tbh

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LOL!!!!!!!!!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

It's going to be funny when whatever safe, corporate-backed Twitter alternative immediately replaces Twitter, but everyone still calls shortform microblogging "tweeting" and then "tweet" and "a twitter" just become generic terms like "googling".

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/covie_93/status/1518403123076870146

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Tipps posted:

For those not in the know, Tumblr Blaze, quite possibly the site's first successful way to make money, was implemented last week or so. It allows users to spend :10bux: to blast a sfw shitpost to 2500 completely random users.

A group of catholic tradwives did a big blast to gain conversions, but their ads are getting dunked on and the mockeries are getting reblogged far more than the originals. Tumblr gets its money either way so they don't care, and the community gets new content organically - an advertising whale fall.

What a world!

while this explanation is accurate I feel like it undersells the impact of how widely the tradcaths got dunked on

tumblr user paula-of-christ sponsored this post, to which the response was KUNG POW PENIS

she operated a catholic ask blog which has been shut down because having your ask box is open is not a useful endeavor once the swarm turned against you

the net effect is that an apparently thriving subnetwork of weird tradcath tumblrs were revealed to exist and have been run off the site. i love this hellsite

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

When the foundation of your house is rotten and crumbling, you don't retile the kitchen floor and call it a day; you fix the foundation. In the 1960s, we retiled the floor by addressing many of the effects of systemic racism, but we left the foundation to continue rotting and maga is the result.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I can't wait for Elon to buy twitter because he's going to infect it with his terminal uncoolness and it'll become a ghost town. Gonna laugh as all the kids jump away to the next big thing and twitter becomes worthless.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1518625763267956736

Who can blame her for not remembering such an unimportant thing.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

given that he's running as a democrat I can't help but feel this is some sort of weird performative thing to get people to give him a microphone to talk into

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Tristesse posted:

I can't wait for Elon to buy twitter because he's going to infect it with his terminal uncoolness and it'll become a ghost town. Gonna laugh as all the kids jump away to the next big thing and twitter becomes worthless.

I hope he renders Twitter worthless and that 50 billion is just flushed down the toilet.

He just needs to do that eight or nine more times and he'll only be 106 times richer than me, instead of 107 times.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Man, I'd read the poo poo out of a Catholic self-owns and shadenfreude thread.

Make the shadcath thread. :getin:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

I hope he renders Twitter worthless and that 50 billion is just flushed down the toilet.

He just needs to do that eight or nine more times and he'll only be 106 times richer than me, instead of 107 times.

the outcomes here are:

1) Musk fucks around for a month, gets bored, fucks off. Status quo prevails.

2) against all odds, musk somehow makes twitter better. A win.

3) Musk makes twitter actively and significantly worse. Users leave, site relevance plunges, Twitter dies a slow death. Also a win

4). elon makes twitter worse but it keeps on going because of inertia. everything gets worse but probably ends with 3.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
He will make Doge the official currency of Twitter, and every post is 10 doge, retweet 5, reply 2. Like 1.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

priznat posted:

Oh dang. It was this:

"Duh, why do people keep calling us snowflakes and children? Duh der dee durr" I'll bet of he whole convoy there's at least 80% that have called 911 on a Burger King drive thru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Shishkahuben posted:

given that he's running as a democrat I can't help but feel this is some sort of weird performative thing to get people to give him a microphone to talk into

dont you need to get something like endorsement from the party youre running as? how does this fucko get a D next to his ballot box?