Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

IMJack posted:

What cats are blind? And is a cat of all three colors good at pinball?

My understanding is a significant majority of orange cats are male, and some of my friends have been making jokes about himbos, so I can't help but connect the two ideas

Sam, Windowlicker Extraordinaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
My orange cat was far from dumb but she was weird as gently caress. She'd sit next to you on the couch and purr hard with her side against your thigh. Then she'd bite you and leave if you tried to pet her. She'd sleep in bed with me in the weirdest spots. Like I'd sleep on my side/stomach in a flying knee kick pose and she'd curl up in a ball against the bottom of the knee on my bent leg.

She was also a feral kitten I had to fight to extract from a wood pile so :shrug:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PurpleXVI posted:

I wonder if it's just a coincidence but every orange cat I've met has been that particular combination of extremely sweet and extremely dim.

Both of my red tables are pretty smart, but Frans has some sort of learning disorder. Still, I’ve seen him doing fung sui and he’s learned how to communicate appropriately, mostly.

TABBIES. I meant TABBIES

Bored has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Apr 27, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Sam <3

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Oh so now we are showing off our ginger cats?

Lino and Noli

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

IMJack posted:

My understanding is a significant majority of orange cats are male, and some of my friends have been making jokes about himbos, so I can't help but connect the two ideas

It’s something like two-thirds are male, but it’s not a genetic problem for females like it is for male tortoiseshells.

Orange cat tax

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Siri, what’s the wholesomest headline?

story here

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Bruce is exactly that orange cat. Sweet as hell, friendly to a fault, but dumb as a bag of hammers. Also a regular screamer and will wonder around my apartment to occasionally yell at various things for a bit. Super sweet with his adopted brother as well.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh we posting our good orange cats now?

Here's The Most Delicate Princess Buttercup. She's very sweet and lovey, but she's rather fussy about how you give her affection. She values treats above all else, including her own life or well being (as can be seen by the dangly belly pooch and yes I give it pinches frequently even though she tries to fight me with her marshmallow paws (she was declawed by her previous owner, my piece of poo poo aunt :rant:)), and she'll tolerate you holding her and giving her kisses for about 8 seconds before gently meowing and wanting down. Once she gets used to you though she LOVES being around people and just hanging out, getting a bit of lap time, and lots of butt scratches. And she's very sweet with her little sister Lila, who also has a bit of orange in her.

Yes these were the best pictures I could get and I had to hold treats in my hand to get them. Lila just kind of emerged out of the forest behind my house one day while I was getting the mail and basically said "yes, you are my human now, and I shall never leave your side". She is the SWEETEST and most affectionate cat I have ever met. She will literally hunt you down and attack you because she wants love. Especially if she sees someone coming out of the bathroom, because she LOVES being pet with wet hands. She'll roll around and show you her cute belly to try and entice you for petting time. And no it is not a trap at all, although if you rub her belly she might gently grab at your hand when you do it so she can lick you. Did I mention she really likes giving kisses? If she likes you, she WILL lick you. Also she's starting to develop the dangly treat-filled belly pooch too. :kimchi:

Safari Disco Lion has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Apr 25, 2022

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Busket Posket posted:

Siri, what’s the wholesomest headline?

story here

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Crazy Ferret posted:

Bruce is exactly that orange cat. Sweet as hell, friendly to a fault, but dumb as a bag of hammers. Also a regular screamer and will wonder around my apartment to occasionally yell at various things for a bit. Super sweet with his adopted brother as well.

Oh that reminds me of Shadow so much.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

:mad: I don't like you, fake cat.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Speaking of kitties, anyone remember the goon who (probably posted about it in Pet Island) had a cat that would climb up on to the goon's lap, then stand up, putting its paws over the goons shoulders and start licking their face?

Everyone was all like "awwww your kitty is hugging and kissing you :3:"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

There was a very big ginger tomcat in my neighborhood, called Ginger Rogers, who was friends with everyone who went past his house.
He hung out all day in the garden, and would come out through the fence to get pats from absolutely everyone - he'd run off mid-pat if he spotted another potential patter within 20 feet.
Eventually, he got very old and died, and his people had to hang a death notice on their gate because everyone was wondering where Ginger Rogers was :3:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/nqbmb6I.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PainterofCrap posted:

Checks out with ZuZu

:allears:

How long were they sitting like that?

I'm always amazed at cats and kids who can sit for hours in "that can't possibly be comfortable" positions.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

PainterofCrap posted:

Checks out with ZuZu

is that an instructional pamphlet on how to tell someone to gently caress off in the background?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PainterofCrap posted:

Checks out with ZuZu

I just realized there's another cat in the first picture. :neckbeard:

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Lmao that thousand yard stare....was not ready for motherhood at all.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

:allears:

How long were they sitting like that?

I'm always amazed at cats and kids who can sit for hours in "that can't possibly be comfortable" positions.

Trying to find the photo of Mehitabel sleeping on a pair of old brazing torches. WTF.

Goon Boots posted:

is that an instructional pamphlet on how to tell someone to gently caress off in the background?

It's a sticker set for the office-bound with illustrated instructions for co-workers to, ah, help your day maybe go smoother. Yours, not theirs.

And it's a trick of perspective but those two dingdongs are the same size in that photo.

ZuZu is now the biggest cat I have ever housed in my life, but still nowhere near the size of that cougar up-thread. What do you use for a cat-box, a Tupperware storage bin? Must poo poo beer cans.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 15:17 on Apr 26, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

mp4s need url tags, not img

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/gray/status/1518866640275918848

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

What is that Pokemon nonsense? I don't buy it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think that's actually a modem.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

An electric toothbrush running out of battery.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I just got a puppy and he's very cute

His name is Sailor :3:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That’s a good dog.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

canyoneer posted:

That's a good boy!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That's a very silly, beautiful, wonderful puppy.
I love sailor <3

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

canyoneer posted:

Oh
My
Gosh

What a good dog

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/4vjLLg9.mp4

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Regarde Aduck posted:

ginger cats aren't 'dumb' they're just really spacey

This checks out with my dad's cat, Ville. Easily the chillest cat I've ever met, he seems like he's just high as gently caress a lot of the time. Just sitting nearby, purring with his eyes all squinty like "yeahhhh just vibin' with your presence, maannnn". He's very sweet and cuddly, but I've never seen him have "the zoomies" or otherwise be animated beyond just casually jumping up onto a desk or something. Come to think of it, he very rarely meows, either. Just arrives at the scene and starts purring.

This is him (very calmly) bothering me for pets. Like, he just stood there absent-mindedly making tiny biscuits on my knee and thigh.

And this is after I picked him up on my lap and gave him copious head scritches. Yes, he is actually drooling.

(His ear is fine. There was some kind of weird boil or pustule on it once, which was removed just fine but left his ear a bit wonky looking.)

Nordick has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Apr 26, 2022

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Here's my orange creatures. Punkin, now 13, but these are from year one and two when cameras sucked.

Rex, my wife's boy of 6 who loves laundry day and sitting by the fire

There's an orange cat thread!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746693&pagenumber=20&perpage=40

ILL Machina has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Apr 26, 2022

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Just spotted in my backyard

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's that a possum?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Not pictured, all the hellbeasts of Australia...

That one's cuteness makes up for all of them :3:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

It's that a possum?

No, it's their orange cat :confused:

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Not only do orange cats rule, but the human who owns Jorts has turned the whole thing into an effective labour organizing propaganda outlet. It rad as hell and people unionizing counts as cute to me.

https://twitter.com/JortsTheCat/status/1519134765181325312

In case it doesn't, here's Fiona bleps. It was the longest she's ever held a blep I think she actually forgot it was out and my roommate got the most astounding shots of it.
https://twitter.com/CATBRAINCELL/status/1517848561135677440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Elias_Maluco posted:

Just spotted in my backyard

yes hello may i borrow a cup of sugar