Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hihohe posted:

If Stantis does one more Coin in the Air comics i propose we rename the Kellies award for Laziest the Not Stantis award so that Gorell can try to reclaim that title.
I would have given him points (not many, but points) if he'd at least done the coin heads in one of those and tails in the other so you could flipbook it, but it's just copypasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What was the name of that fake newspaper comic making fun of the incredible poor pacing of actual newspaper comics?

Because Stantis is doing worse than that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

https://www.facebook.com/myshillustration

"Those thieves won't give me back my grandpa's house!
I know exactly what you mean"

"Happy new beginnings", a bit early.

"Tonight's big disappearance trick!
A bit of this...
A bit of that...
Why does that never work?!"

"I'm concerned about uncontrollable escalation, how about you?"

(Ayelet Shaked, our internal affairs minister and Neftali Bennett, Israel's new PM, who was really counting on a diplomatic win by facilitating negotiations)

"Sure you want to come in?" (Various anti-democratic new laws in the background)

"Don't worry, we mean it in a good way"
(Ukrainians entitled to Aliyah get preferences in terms of evacuation to Israel and aren't included in the refugee quota)

A crying officer Azulai is a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it (the specific subject of the cartoon is illegal wiretaps \ invasion of computer privacy)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Charlie Hebdo

So Macron won the French election. Here are some comics:

The left-right split lives on: "It has just changed its look."

Le Pen remains an ecologist: "Let's protect our ecosystems."

Five more years, once more "This time I won't forget you!"
The skeleton is a caricature of his wife.

Five more years: "You happy, or what?"

You have to listen to the RN's anger
Apparently, Le Pen is a cat fancier and raises 6 cats or so.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Wilcox:

On Sunday Morrison said that any Chinese military bases in the Solomons would be a "red line" for Australia (but did not say what crossing that line actually means in terms of action). Then on Anzac Day itself defence minister Peter Dutton went on about how if we want to preserve peace we must prepare for war and how its the 1930s again.

Pope:

Foreign aid has been on a downward trajectory for the entire time the Coalition have been in government.

Rowe:

Dutton called deputy Labor leader Richard Marles a "Manchurian candidate". The government has been playing security and being tough on China as a major plank in their re-election so now facing the major diplomatic blunder in the Solomon Islands they are doubling down on the rhetoric.

Warren Brown:

News Corp papers tend to be going along with Dutton's "prepare for war" although if this was truly accurate to what he said then they should both be Hitler.

Lethbridge:

Leak, Son of Leak:

The return of the election classic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Long time, no see, thread.

https://twitter.com/woot_master/status/1518689141763936259?s=21&t=M-Ma2b1Htsy7w_rX-TzngA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lol they couldn't have made their signature any more convenient to remove if they did it purposefully

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

The return of the election classic.

imagine thinking about complexities with regards to wide ranging national policy. i would never. coal lump smiley face all i need to know

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

The Tragic Kingdom: Disney corp is against the Desantis bill that protects parents’ rights from radical leftist teachers.
He really gave Mickey a man bun.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Can't imagine Disney's lawyers would have much trouble with this one

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Raised By Birds posted:

He really gave Mickey a man bun.

New thread title please.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1517616095645122562

It begins :ughh:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Prickly city is such a treat. I want to speak to Stantis, I want to know how his mind works

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I didn't see BOK getting into mpreg.
:barf:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm 99% sure she's going to lose, but there's 1% of me that says if she does it will be because the author realized he can be even lazier and just reuse a bunch of the same strips of her running for office for the general election.
That 1% part was right!

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Nomination: Most homophobic cartoon supposedly attacking homophobia.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I look forward to the lengthy explanations for how it's fine to be really weird and homophobic about Cawthorn because something something

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Supporting DeSantis and other conservative candidates will stifle scientific progress to the point we will never develop the much-needed medical technology to impregnate males who wish to bear children.

A good cartoon.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

By popular demand posted:

I didn't see BOK getting into mpreg.
:barf:

It’s a bizarre reference to this new(-ish) emoji: 🫃(look here if you’re on Windows).

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Prickly city is such a treat. I want to speak to Stantis, I want to know how his mind works

Not very well, thank you.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Angry Salami posted:

Nomination: Most homophobic cartoon supposedly attacking homophobia.

Yeah this is pretty awful something I would expect from like Mike Lester or something.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

this isn't even his first Bigoted Caricatures To Own The Chuds this year, dude's got form

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Madness that gorrell is lazy enough to use an unattributed copy pasted Disney asset for his cartoon calling Mickey mouse a paedophile, which you would assume would result in any newspapers that carry him getting immediately sued into oblivion, but because his entire readership is in this thread nothing will happen

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Outright saying that the Disney corporation as a collective organisation grooms children, even

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Earlier this year I think he did one that was just a straight up traced over picture from sleeping beauty, and you could see the original picture behind it and were he gave up on finishing the tracing. He seems to have some kind of Disney immunity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I showed the Syndicate of a comic that Catalino was directly plagiarizing, and nothing.

On some level I imagine they understand the legal fight is not worth it given how tiny a political cartoonist’s audience can be.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

I showed the Syndicate of a comic that Catalino was directly plagiarizing, and nothing.

On some level I imagine they understand the legal fight is not worth it given how tiny a political cartoonist’s audience can be.

It's hard to think of a better entity to alert to IP theft/plagiarism to shut someone down than disney.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Goo Goo Dulls

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Kelly just knocks it out of the park!:vince:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
At least Lady Lib is clearly a girl :j:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What was the name of that fake newspaper comic making fun of the incredible poor pacing of actual newspaper comics?

Are you referring to when Newspaper Spiderman showed up in the Spider-verse comic?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

:allears:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think it was actually about an art teacher

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Dewey Dawner

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Macron’s victory over Le Pen – Incumbent holds off far-right challenger in French presidential election"; After Delacroix.

Telegraph:

Markets tumble as panic grows over China's zero Covid collapse

Matt:

Sir Lindsay Hoyle calls meeting with Mail on Sunday editor over 'demeaning' Angela Rayner story; Angela Rayner condemns ‘perverted’ claim she distracts Boris Johnson at PMQs with ‘Basic Instinct ploy’

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Evening Standard Comment: Elon Musk has ideas for Twitter, but can he solve its problems?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

He's thinking of a different newspaper spiderman parody, with an art class.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Dewey Dawner

i love how the top working google result for this is the 2020 politoons thread

The_Other posted:

You mean Dewey Dawner?

e: also god bless whoever changed the forums code so that you can use the quote button on closed threads to get a quote of the post to copy into another thread

Angepain fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twitter problem?
I’ll solve it
Lose all your shares once the Elon dissolves it
DEBT DEBT, Baby