Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
more and more people are saying this
This poll is closed.
they're coming up to me 57 15.53%
with tears in their eyes and 85 23.16%
they're saying 59 16.08%
SIR! we want thread! 134 36.51%
straight out of central casting 32 8.72%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
make the tweet you fat old bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNgDXAD9DU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

angerbeet posted:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buddykins posted:

i loving hate that picture of elon omg lol

his soy face

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

“How about some more Trump, mr. musk?”

“I think you’ve had enough”

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

angerbeet posted:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

jeffrey give me money u rich gently caress

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

angerbeet posted:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
elon musk hounded day and night by trump calling him and demanding he increase the character limit

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hope jack buys reddit, and then the reddit guy buys sa, and jeffrey buys 4ch, and moot buys ebuamnsworld

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
:yooge: and i need you to make it so that they have the header on them elon, especially the three little bars at the top, or stars, stars or bars as they can be called, and the different colors, red, blue and of course the white of the background, representing our great country,

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

A group of TikTok- and Instagram-famous physicians say they have a solution for the “red tape” of the current US medical system: NFTs of cartoon doctors.

These NFTs are supposed to give buyers access to real doctors, almost like a Web3 telehealth subscription. When MetaDocs launched in December, it claimed that its legion of celebrity doctors, who have a collective social media following of 70 million and have included “Dr. Pimple Popper” Sandra Lee and plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Brown of TikTok fame, would all be available via DM, group “ask me anything” sessions, or one-on-one video chats to those who buy in.

MetaDocs founder Dr. Sina Joorabchi hopes it will evolve into a full-fledged virtual clinic in the so-called metaverse, where patients can put on a haptic suit and be examined remotely by a physician in virtual reality.

But now, MetaDocs is facing backlash from the medical community because it is not actually licensed as a telemedicine service and thus its doctors cannot legally make diagnoses, write prescriptions, or give personalized medical advice to anyone who buys a MetaDocs NFT. A further wrinkle: Doctors are almost always required to be licensed in a state in order to practice there, including through telehealth services. Additionally, VR haptic suits do not exist. Also, many of the NFTs were stolen by hackers.

All my MetaDocs gone. Dr. PimplePopper please cure my melanoma.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

"unselect committee" is still :discourse:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

C-Euro posted:

I wonder how it'll make money since Facebook beat them to the market of selling everyone's personal information. But maybe Elon doesn't give a poo poo if Twitter makes money on its own, so long as it boost Elon's personal brand and allows him to eliminate his haters.

If this guy's estimates are right then Elon is using this takeover to extract all cash value from Twitter now, then letting the zombie company stagger along just paying interest on the purchase for the next few years. Presumably if it's future revenue dips below the threshold necessary to pay the interest bill then it will collapse.

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1518680647535153153

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Apraxin posted:

:yooge: and i need you to make it so that they have the header on them elon, especially the three little bars at the top, or stars, stars or bars as they can be called, and the different colors, red, blue and of course the white of the background, representing our great country,

the most user in terms of interface
:smugdon:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Hillary 2024 posted:

If this guy's estimates are right then Elon is using this takeover to extract all cash value from Twitter now, then letting the zombie company stagger along just paying interest on the purchase for the next few years. Presumably if it's future revenue dips below the threshold necessary to pay the interest bill then it will collapse.

that's why eon is a genius

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

angerbeet posted:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CaptainBeefart posted:

It's funny that Twitter employees freak about working for Musk but had no issues working for the previous setup.

Have you read anything about the Tesla factories? I would absolutely be freaking out too if I worked at twitter

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

a fabled genius!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Hillary 2024 posted:

it wouldn't surprise me at all if his long game is to destroy Twitter entirely

it also wouldn't surprise me if he has no long game because he's just another shambling ego monster

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

angerbeet posted:

https://twitter.com/Alloutofass/status/1518731635130314753?s=20&t=hTKusRplyt5kqWxTe9jRqQ

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
eon muff

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Hillary 2024 posted:

lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Apraxin posted:

elon musk hounded day and night by trump calling him and demanding he increase the character limit

44 billion character limit

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
the only way to have free speech, mister bond, is to have no be able to talk at all

*shows the queen day crew posts causing her to die instantly*

*turns off twitter*

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Hillary 2024 posted:

Duh, who cares. The shareholders are getting bags of cash and employees will get the shaft.

They should see this and cash out quickly, find a new job now.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
how does Twitter make money? people pay them for poo poo?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Ben Nerevarine posted:

he has no long game because he's just another shambling ego monster

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

All my MetaDocs gone. Dr. PimplePopper please cure my melanoma.

*waiting for teledoc to show up* please not fridge doc, please not fridge doc

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/John__Cole/status/1518661975072550914

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Elephanthead posted:

how does Twitter make money? people pay them for poo poo?

wait how DOES twitter make money

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Glumwheels posted:

Duh, who cares. The shareholders are getting bags of cash and employees will get the shaft.

They should see this and cash out quickly, find a new job now.

wtf does a Twitter employee do?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball :dementia:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Elephanthead posted:

wtf does a Twitter employee do?

Fondle keyboards? Massage the egos of celebrities?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Have you read anything about the Tesla factories? I would absolutely be freaking out too if I worked at twitter

That's a good point, hadn't considered that.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Lastgirl posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball :dementia:

I hate playing blitzball but I love the concept of it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I know a few different meanings for the word "popper" and they're all p different

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
corn popper was a versatile dude

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

tacodaemon posted:

I know a few different meanings for the word "popper" and they're all p different

I popper in a toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002