Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Three Olives posted:

I feel like it is going to be very important to remember that Elon has not purchased Twitter, Elon has made an offer to purchase Twitter and the board of Twitter has agreed to accept his offer. This is not a "Buy it now" price on eBay where he charged it to a credit card, I have a signed agreement to pay $57k for a car that doesn't literally does not exist in my backpack right now, for which I have not arranged financing for because no one know when/if it is going to be delivered. Elon does not have $44B dollars, this still, like everything Elon, has the potential to become spectacularly more stupid than any of us have the capacity to imagine at this point.

I'm still convinced he's doing all this to pump up the share price just to dump all the twitter stock he bought last month right before he calls off this deal.

It's like when he bought some crypto, threatened to only do Tesla business with said crypto, idiots bought up the crypto, shot the price up, and then Elon sold off his crypto making outrageous profit.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I really hope the deal ends up going through. Elon buying it seems like the kiss of death and twitter loving off forever is only good. There's no bad side to it at all.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Pretty sure we’ll see a big exodus of talent once Elon takes over and starts instituting mandatory 80 hour weeks like at his other companies. Say what you will but tech workers don’t have to put up with that I. Todays job market.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I really hope the deal ends up going through. Elon buying it seems like the kiss of death and twitter loving off forever is only good. There's no bad side to it at all.

3 and a half years from now your government issued identify NFT will be delivered via your department of homeland security provided twitter profile. if you lose your NFTID or are caught posting pro-union rhetoric, you will be arrested and forced to work in a remote self-driving labor facility.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Tesla is like 1k a share. There’s no kiss of death. Unless you’re on the outside of his cars.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vampire Panties posted:

Is capitalism the next to collapse? who knows

God, I hope so.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lascivious Sloth posted:

How does he shave that neck? does he hold it taught like when you're shaving a saggy ball sack?

Yes

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So they turned on the Large Hadron Collider in 2008 and the timeline diverged. They started it up again today...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

To be fair, why would anyone want to solve world hunger when they can shitpost on the Internet and call people "pedo guys" all day long?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

He literally blocked Robert Reich for criticizing him lmao

Also imagine how much it must suck to be a Twitter employee today :sigh:

Nuts and Gum posted:

Tesla is like 1k a share. There’s no kiss of death. Unless you’re on the outside of his cars.

Price per share is almost meaningless. The number of shares available matters too. Priceline and loving Chipotle have a higher stock price than Apple and Google. It's almost completely meaningless.

frh fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 26, 2022

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if musk drives twitter to its demise then he will have finally contributed something good to the world.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

killer crane posted:

I'm still convinced he's doing all this to pump up the share price just to dump all the twitter stock he bought last month right before he calls off this deal.

It's like when he bought some crypto, threatened to only do Tesla business with said crypto, idiots bought up the crypto, shot the price up, and then Elon sold off his crypto making outrageous profit.

That's what I suspect, Musk loves a pump & dump and that's the vibe that I'm getting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It would be funny but I won't hold my breath

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm gonna sell my posts in this thread when it goes gold

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/1518667179390029824?t=XNK_b_Z_yoXcBPBfp8o9ZQ&s=19

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:hmmyes:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

It would be funny but I won't hold my breath

Oh it's gonna be funny with either outcome lol

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sethmpk/status/1518778997282422790

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Testekill posted:

That's what I suspect, Musk loves a pump & dump and that's the vibe that I'm getting.

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1518773828087910401

https://i.imgur.com/U3sbsXa.mp4

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Three Olives posted:

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

Buying Twitter by taking on debt on far less favorable terms than a used car.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
https://twitter.com/ReutersPitchbot/status/1518670928732897280?s=20&t=ms0NIbkfyfxLaddiWwlqJQ

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/1518676339762601991?s=20&t=ms0NIbkfyfxLaddiWwlqJQ

Get your digs in while you can because I'm pretty sure this poo poo will be illegal on Twitter in the next couple days

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have 5,432 dogecoins now

seeya suckaz :blastu:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chinatown posted:

i have 5,432 dogecoins now

seeya suckaz :blastu:

So you have about 800 bucks? How much did you spend to get there?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

So you have about 800 bucks? How much did you spend to get there?

~$200 iirc

:homebrew:

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022
Twitter is for dumb babies who want to eat poo but they're too stupid to cram the turd in their mouths and end up splatting it in their eye and they start to cry and scream until their hungover dad comes in, irritated as gently caress, with a box of cereal and starts swatting them in the back of the head with it while saying "Shut up shut up"

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Trump is going to come back op

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
And back big!

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Vice President Musk, eh?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chinatown posted:

~$200 iirc

:homebrew:

Think of the burritos you could have bought.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
This is the exact psychology of Jeffry of yospos… writ large

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
tweets are stored in the balls

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Vice President Musk, eh?

:fsmug:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I replied to Musk's free speech tweet and my account was suspended less than thirty seconds later lmao

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Three Olives posted:

Musk is buying twitter, but twitter has to pay for it? Capitalism is stupid.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
This would be far more upsetting if Democrats had actually been able to do anything with their control of government to stop democracy from ending in 2024 anyway, so really this just kind of goes with the theme

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blooster posted:

He literally blocked Robert Reich for criticizing him lmao

Also imagine how much it must suck to be a Twitter employee today :sigh:

Price per share is almost meaningless. The number of shares available matters too. Priceline and loving Chipotle have a higher stock price than Apple and Google. It's almost completely meaningless.

Yeah I never understood the chipotle thing. Overvaluing tech giants sure but a burrito place wtf

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Has Trump been freed yet?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Pretty based tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017