Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I totally didn't put together what was up with that new key from the preview, that's pretty sweet. Just so obnoxiously obvious as a fake key, but still a piece of beautiful brute force tech.

We want the fake death, but Mike's the only one that could make that happen and I doubt he's going to do it.

I really didn't expect Nacho's story to get wrapped up this fast, but it certainly seems like the direction we're heading.

I bet that piece of metal we see in the preview is the only bit of Nacho left (something left over from his surgery) after his body's been carried away by beasts in the desert after his death, or rotted away to nothing perhaps.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
NO gently caress

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WHAT THE gently caress

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hmm i feel like that wasn't exactly the script they agreed on

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh maaaan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, now we know what the opening was about.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
wow

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

what a gift to michael mando to let him go out like that lol, an absolute dream ending

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Aww poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:rip: Nacho :smith:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It's 10pm and I gotta fall asleep after that

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, poo poo. :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

eke out posted:

what a gift to michael mando to let him go out like that lol, an absolute dream ending

True, but goddamn, I am bummed that Nacho's gone :smith:

Excellent job, Michael Mando.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

The way they're talking makes me think they're faking his death.

Welp.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Yeah he went off script, but drat did he take the heat off of Gus while doing it.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Well, now we know what the opening was about.

An eerie ambiguous cold open like that is a death sentence in the Breaking Bad-verse

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That's probably where he's buried and Mike plants the blue flower.

Because Nacho was good. Therefore, blue.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
That's certainly a way to set the tone for the rest of the season early.

I'm surprised he brought up that he's the one that crippled Hector because it's easy to imagine the cartel wanting to go after his father when they know that, but I guess he wanted to throw that into the mix and trusted Mike's word that his father would be safe.

Kudos to the writers too, because I don't think anyone would've predicted things shaking out like this, but it makes sense for Nacho to reach this decision when he's been dealt such an incredibly lovely hand. When the alternative here is to spend forever looking over your shoulder with basically no resources on hand, and knowing that someone's gonna go after your father because of what you've been wrapped in, going this route makes sense for the character. I am curious what story Gus told about how they got Nacho in custody, since that alone is going to be suspicious as hell to the cartel.

stromboni posted:

An eerie ambiguous cold open like that is a death sentence in the Breaking Bad-verse

Yeah, once that was in the mix I figured "well, somebody's dying!"

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I want a scene where Eladio learns Bolsa was stabbed and held at gunpoint by a ziptied prisoner.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

gently caress

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

my feelings are hurt

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I want a scene where Eladio learns Bolsa was stabbed and held at gunpoint by a ziptied prisoner.

¡No, es imposible!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i was hoping nacho was the one who took out lalo and that was his arc. he couldnt get out, but he could sure as hell take the best salamanca with him.

so uh, how are they going to tie up the lalo loose end?

also i guess this means that when saul's in the desert in BB, hes referring to the compound raid. unless nacho set something up so that saul takes lalo down? but then he wouldnt be a friend of the cartel.

idk what happens from here on out.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I also want a scene where the cousins fly down to Peru and kill Alvarez's whole family.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Everything else about the episode aside, I love how familiar with each other Jimmy and Kim are. The scene with them helping each other to get ready was such a nice bit of character acting and it's going to be awful to see what drives them apart :allears: .

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm pretty sure we saw trailer vids of Lalo using Saul again

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also lol that kim wore all dark colors and jimmy wore gray this episode.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

we needed more time together. it's not fair. it's just not fair

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

watching now just popping in to say OH gently caress i did not expect that

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
just a nice light third episode of the season

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ram dass in hell posted:

just a nice light third episode of the season

:(

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Low-key glad they're getting rid of the chaff characters. Sad that it took the six seasons for Nacho to do anything interesting but hey they got it right eventually

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

we needed more time together. it's not fair. it's just not fair

Agreed.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Well, that's why Saul knew he could blame whatever he wanted on Nacho, I guess.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
At this point, Saul doesn't even know Nacho left Albuquerque, right?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I guess if the cops/DA's office are going to keep going after Lalo, they're going to try to bring in Nacho, which might get Saul to look into whatever happened with that guy. I doubt Mike is going to explain it just to fill Saul in.

I wonder if the cartel is going to hide Nacho's corpse or make a grisly "this is what happens if you gently caress with us" show of it.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

No, but you figure between now and the scene in BB he probably caught wind of what happened.

Gangsters, after all, are some of the most gossipy people ever. You know they're telling their capos and their lawyers all sorts of tales.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I love this loving show. RIP Nacho. You deserved to escape with your pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

how is gus going to earn back mike's respect before the start of bb