Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's Justimon Ichigo, Justimon Nigo, Justimon V3, Justimon Stronger, Justimon Amazon, Justimon OOO, Justimon W...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

No matter how much time passes, I'll still hate the separation of Justimon into three different Digimon. It makes no goddamn sense.

Its a sentai thing isnt it?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mandatory lesbian posted:

Its a sentai thing isnt it?

Kamen Rider, really. He basically has KR Super-1's gimmick of interchangeable arms.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought he was Riderman.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

It's this

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ill be honest idk many japanese words so to me kamen rider and probably riderman whoever that is all sentai to me

Dont bother explaining how im wrong, i will forget by tommorow

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

You're not wrong seeing as both of them have interchangeable arm gimmicks, I only say Super-1 mostly because of the closed faceplate and similar color scheme. I think Justimon's arms also match Super-1 a little bit better, but it's not one-to-one in either direction.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
New card!

quote:

Dondokomon
Rookie | Vaccine | Musical Instrument/Xros Heart
[Digivolve: 0 from lv.2 with [Xros Heart] in traits]
It’s… a vanilla Xros Heart rookie. Okay

At least he’s fun at parties.

Might as well post BlackKnightmon from earlier, then.

quote:

SkullKnightmon: Mighty Axe Mode
Champion | Virus | Enhanced / Twilight

This card/Digimon is also treated as both [SkullKnightmon] and [DeadlyAxemon].
[On Play] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 card with [Knightmon] in its name, [DeadlyAxemon], or [Nene Amano] among them to your hand. Trash the remaining cards. Then, if you DigiXrossed with 2 materials, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 4 or less.
([DigiXros -1] [SkullKnightmon x DeadlyAxemon])

quote:

DarkKnightmon
Ultimate | Virus | Dark Knight / Twilight

[On Play] 1 of your opponent's Digimon <De-Digivolve 1>. Then, if you DigiXrossed with 2 materials, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 5 or less.
[All Turns] When this Digimon would be deleted, by returning 1 level 4 or lower black digimon card from this Digimon's digivolution cards to your hand, you may play 1 [SkullKnightmon] or [DeadlyAxemon] from this Digimon's digivolition cards without paying its memory cost.
([DigiXros -2] [SkullKnightmon x DeadlyAxemon])
SkullKnightmon and Deadly Axemon cards already were printed in a previous set, although they don’t have Twilight on the cards

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

thetoughestbean posted:

New card!

It’s… a vanilla Xros Heart rookie. Okay

At least he’s fun at parties.

Might as well post BlackKnightmon from earlier, then.

SkullKnightmon and Deadly Axemon cards already were printed in a previous set, although they don’t have Twilight on the cards

Wouldn't being able to evolve for free be a good trait though?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

drrockso20 posted:

It's a rookie, they almost always evo for free. The only notable thing about this new card is it can evo off of any Xros Heart digitama.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

drrockso20 posted:

Almost all level 3s can evolve from a level 2 for free.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Justimon gets a Dynamic Entry. :allears:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Some option cards

quote:

Hero Soaring Through the Sky!
XrosHeart
[Main] Activate 1 of the effects below. If you have a digimon with [Shoutmon X5] in its name in play, activate all of the effects below instead.
- 1 of your Digimon with [XrosHeart] in its traits gains <Security Attack +1> for the turn.
- <Draw 2>.
---
[Security] Add this card to your hand.
Xros Heart needs the draw power, DigiXros essentially is a way to reduce the cost of playing a Digimon, which doesn’t draw you a card like digivolving does.

quote:

Undying King
Twilight
While you have a [Nene Amano] in play you may use this card without meeting its color requirements.
[Main] Trash the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, you may play 1 [DarkKnightmon] from your trash, paying its play cost. If a Digimon with DigiXros requirements would be played, you may also place cards from your trash as its digivolution cards when you DigiXros.
[Security] Add this card to your hand.

quote:

Blazing Memory Boost!!
Blue Flare
[Main] Reveal the top 6 cards of your deck. Add 2 cards with [Blue Flare] in their traits among them to your hand, and you may play 1 [Christopher Aonuma] among them without paying its memory cost. Place the remaining cards at the bottom of your deck in any order, then place this card in your Battle Area.
[Main] <Delay> Gain 2 memory.
---
[Security] Place this card in your Battle Area.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Blazing Boost is a huge amount of value

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's worth noting that the first two cards are named after Xros Wars insert songs, both of which are really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGFr5ZrTi7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kzUQHHfHOo

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Just finished the latest episode of Ghost Game, that was fantastic. An A+ of an episode

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
TIL Bogleech has an article series on Digimon

https://bogleech.com/digimon/d000intro.html

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They're not very good reviews. They get a lot about the franchise wrong, and show a lack of understanding of the inspiration of a lot of them (their LovelyAngemon review says she's super sentai inspired of all things)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

(their LovelyAngemon review says she's super sentai inspired of all things)

While I find this incredibly painful, I don’t know how much I can reasonably expect a guy who got niche internet interest for liking a specific type of monster design to know the ins and outs of Japanese media for children

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thetoughestbean posted:

While I find this incredibly painful, I don’t know how much I can reasonably expect a guy who got niche internet interest for liking a specific type of monster design to know the ins and outs of Japanese media for children

she looks nothing LIKE sentai hero or power ranger though

I'd even take Sailor Moon even though she's obviously a Precure

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
If Bogleech were writing the digimon wikipedia entry, I'd care more, but they're just saying which weird monsters they like better than other weird monsters.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

she looks nothing LIKE sentai hero or power ranger though

I'd even take Sailor Moon even though she's obviously a Precure

It doesnt matter

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You’re right, it doesn’t matter much in the long run. But I’m allowed to have an opinion on the relative quality of the reviews.

And the disinformation objectively sucks, considering how wide an audience they have.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Angie Hinomoto
XrosHeart
[On Play] You may play 1 [Dorulumon] from your hand or from under one of your Tamers without paying its memory cost.
[Your Turn] When you play a Digimon with [XrosHeart] in its traits, you may suspend this Tamer to <Draw 1>.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

quote:

Jeremy Tsurgi
XrosHeart
[On Play] You may play 1 [Balistamon] from your hand or from under one of your Tamers without paying its memory cost.
[Your Turn] When you play a Digimon with [XrosHeart] in its traits, you may suspend this Tamer to gain 1 memory.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.
Hey, it’s those guys

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
And Angie mitigates the mechanic's downside! She seems like a guaranteed 4-of in Xros Heart, honestly probably a 4-of in any digixros deck.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

King of Solomon posted:

And Angie mitigates the mechanic's downside! She seems like a guaranteed 4-of in Xros Heart, honestly probably a 4-of in any digixros deck.

I'm less sure how good she is because the Shoutmon Xrosses already have a some card draw. X4 itself has draw 2 on play and is designed for repeated spamming given its last ability, and meanwhile Pickmon and Starmons hands off draws on attack which lets you do early game setup and mean an X4 attack is a draw 3.

I am curious what the ratios look like for a dedicated xros deck and how much draw power they need, but Tamers without a memory or tempo effect are always a hard sell. Honestly Akari looks super underwhelming, which I guess tracks with how important the show made her. Zenjirou might have play, but probably not at 4. I point out if nothing else Akari and Zenjirou can't provide materials for xrossing by themselves, you need Taiki or Kiriha (or probably Nene or Yu) to do that.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 29, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I imagine you have to play quite a few tamers to make the mechanic work. It seems very hard to get the 3+ fusions without having some banked

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I imagine you have to play quite a few tamers to make the mechanic work. It seems very hard to get the 3+ fusions without having some banked

Well the question is how many tamers you really need since in theory you can put all the materials under a single General and do all your xrosses that way.

And as for the set as exists, I'm still curious about Dark Knightmon X, the remaining tamers, and the Secret Rares, but I'm also curious what the hell is going on in Green. At this juncture we know literally nothing in Green above level 4 and the only things that have been revealed of it so far are Ballistamon, the requisite Ghost Game cards, and a Kokuwamon to be retroactively used for Kokuwamon X. Given that Green isn't represented by one of the Xros Wars armies I'm curious what's going to be in that blank spot. More Tamers cards? Olympus 12 stuff? Something totally different?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We got the design of a new Chinese friend and it is very cool!
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1520200985972518916

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Oh I like that a lot

New card! It’s really neat!

quote:

Ajatarmon
Ultimate | Vaccine | Vegetation

[Main] (Once per turn) By suspending 1 of your green Digimon, you may play 1 Digimon with [Vegetation] or [Fairy] in its traits and a DP of 3000 or less from your hand without paying its memory cost.
-----
Inherited:[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When one of your Digimon becomes suspended by an effect, gain 1 memory.

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 30, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

Well the question is how many tamers you really need since in theory you can put all the materials under a single General and do all your xrosses that way.

I imagine the number is more then 4, if you need at least one tamer. Probably 6-8? Im not as into competitive digimon knowledge as id like so i imagine someone else knows the specific ratios and such

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dont bother explaining how im wrong, i will forget by tommorow
I need to embrace this attitude more. Being 100% correct is both impossible to achieve and exhausting to attempt.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Bloomlordmon BT10-057 SR
Mega | Vaccine | Fairy

[When Digivolved] You may suspend 1 of your Digimon. Then, for each of your suspended Digimon with [Vegetation] or [Fairy] in its traits, gain 1 memory. When you gained 2 memory or more with this effect, unsuspend this Digimon and this Digimon gains <Piercing> for this turn.

[Your Turn] For every 2 of your suspended Digimon, this Digimon gains +2000 DP and <Security Attack +1>.

quote:

Gran Del Sol BT10-103 U

When you would use this card, if you have 2 or more green suspended Digimon, reduce the memory cost of this card by 2.

[Main] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon. Then, return 1 of your opponent's suspended Digimon to bottom of deck.
---
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like Bloomlordmon a lot

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Oh hey, and literally the day after I point out we know nothing in green we get cool green cards! And Bloom Lordmon was my third choice after Tamers and Olympus XII. He also seems cool.

Edit: Wezen Gammamon confirmed for the next set. He's of the exact same mold as the other Gammamon evos, but this one has Piercing.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 1, 2022

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Double post for Ghost Game 24!: That was deeply hosed up and unpleasant. It reminds me of episode 20 where the show takes the basic horror set up it began the episode with and then makes it so much worse! Like Jesus, that ending…

And do we actually know what's happening next week? The next episode promo says it's a special, but other than confirming the narrator for the show really did just walk off the set of Kamen Rider Saber that promotion said basically nothing about the next episode. Is it actually a special program or is this just going to be a clip show or something? And if it is a reduced episode is it because of the hacking incident?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

Oh hey, and literally the day after I point out we know nothing in green we get cool green cards! And Bloom Lordmon was my third choice after Tamers and Olympus XII. He also seems cool.

Edit: Wezen Gammamon confirmed for the next set. He's of the exact same mold as the other Gammamon evos, but this one has Piercing.

We got more than just WezenGammamon, we got Canoweissmon tonight, too.

quote:

Canoweissmon
Ultimate | Vaccine | Sky Dragon
[Digivolve: 3 from Lv.4 if name contains [Gammamon]]

[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When one of your Tamers becomes suspended, this Digimon gets +2000 DP for the turn. Then, if this Digimon has 12000 DP or more, this Digimon gains <Security Attack +1> for the turn.

[All Turns] This Digimon gains all effects of the cards in this Digimon's digivolution cards with [Gammamon] in their name.
-----
[All Turns] This Digimon gains all effects of the cards in this Digimon's digivolution cards with [Gammamon] in their name.

The way the level 4s work makes a lot more sense with this guy in mind. I'm curious what the level 6 is going to be, and also when we're going to get it. I'm thinking probably BT11, but I honestly have no idea.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

King of Solomon posted:

We got more than just WezenGammamon, we got Canoweissmon tonight, too.

The way the level 4s work makes a lot more sense with this guy in mind. I'm curious what the level 6 is going to be, and also when we're going to get it. I'm thinking probably BT11, but I honestly have no idea.

I didn't see him last time I looked, which is a pity because wow. Suddenly the various other Gammamon forms (and Hiro's effect) make significantly more sense even if most of the time it's mostly just going to have Blitz, but then again Blitz hypothetically up the entire line hypothetically is a nasty thing to pass on... It also makes me more interested in LaMortmon and Thetismon, I doubt they'll be exact mirrors since Jimba Angoramon doesn't have a proper effect but I am curious as to whether their respective partners are as laser focused in supporting them as well. I'm not EXPECTING them to be in BT10, but there are still undisclosed Level 5s in Blue and Green...

As for his Ultimate form I'm still banking on something like "Polarismon" and I suspect they're going to make a wholesale Ghost Game set down the line somewhere, sometime, maybe as EX3? And for it being properly revealed, whenever the next Ghost Game dim cards I expect.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 1, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

I didn't see him last time I looked, which is a pity because wow. Suddenly the various other Gammamon forms (and Hiro's effect) make significantly more sense even if most of the time it's mostly just going to have Blitz, but then again Blitz hypothetically up the entire line hypothetically is a nasty thing to pass on... It also makes me more interested in LaMortmon and Thetismon, I doubt they'll be exact mirrors since Jimba Angoramon doesn't have a proper effect but I am curious as to whether their respective partners are as laser focused in supporting them as well. I'm not EXPECTING them to be in BT10, but there are still undisclosed Level 5s in Blue and Green...

As for his Ultimate form I'm still banking on something like "Polarismon" and I suspect they're going to make a wholesale Ghost Game set down the line somewhere, sometime, maybe as EX3? And for it being properly revealed, whenever the next Ghost Game dim cards I expect.

Emphasis mine. Neither was I, and yet here they are.

quote:

[When Digivolving] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon
[End of Attack] [Once Per Turn] When this digimon deletes an opponent's digimon in battle, unsuspend this Digimon
[When Attacking] Lose 2 memory if you don't have a tamer

quote:

Tethysmon
[When Digivolving] If you have 6 or less cards in hand, <Draw 2>
[When Atttacking] [Once Per Turn] If you have 8 or more cards in hand, discard 2 to unsuspend this Digimon

So this is interesting. Lamortmon is pretty big for its level and can unsuspend, you want to have Ruli for Angoramon plays anyway so his downside doesn't matter much. On the other hand, no inheritable. Neither does Tethysmon, for that matter, and for once they actually gave Blue Unsuspend a cost (granted, one that is subverted pretty trivially, but it's still not FREE like it normally is.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Omnicrom posted:

Double post for Ghost Game 24!: That was deeply hosed up and unpleasant. It reminds me of episode 20 where the show takes the basic horror set up it began the episode with and then makes it so much worse! Like Jesus, that ending…

And do we actually know what's happening next week? The next episode promo says it's a special, but other than confirming the narrator for the show really did just walk off the set of Kamen Rider Saber that promotion said basically nothing about the next episode. Is it actually a special program or is this just going to be a clip show or something? And if it is a reduced episode is it because of the hacking incident?

Oh poo poo, it's the Hermit guy from KR Ghost!

Omnicrom posted:

An important note is that the Gammamon option puts any Gammamon under a stack.