Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

did you wind to the 6x4.5 numbers instead of the 6x6 ones?

its kind of interesting

edit, photos for the snipe:

eggsovereasy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Correct to both, and the winder is maybe not working right

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

majour333 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 5, 2022

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

These speak to me

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

SMERSH Mouth posted:

These speak to me

I missed the first one when it was first posted. I find the composition a bit awkward and lopsided, and it's a shame about the dirt on the lens or whatever, but the tone, colours, and overall mood are really nice

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

SMERSH Mouth posted:

These speak to me

this first one I can see how, it's kind of interesting and has a good look to it, but how does the second one speak to you, what do you find interesting about it?

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

bobmarleysghost posted:

this first one I can see how, it's kind of interesting and has a good look to it, but how does the second one speak to you, what do you find interesting about it?

It’s a tortured perspective but I can still get a feeling for the location.

Just kind of ignoring the foreground, and the moire (at least as it appears on my screen). I’m not really sure if I would’ve chosen B&W here either, but I like the both of the buildings and how the one in the background appears in relation to the closer one… except for the door, the near ground, and the part of the structure at the top.

I guess I like the lower-right part of it specifically.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SMERSH Mouth posted:

It’s a tortured perspective but I can still get a feeling for the location.

Just kind of ignoring the foreground, and the moire (at least as it appears on my screen). I’m not really sure if I would’ve chosen B&W here either, but I like the both of the buildings and how the one in the background appears in relation to the closer one… except for the door, the near ground, and the part of the structure at the top.

I guess I like the lower-right part of it specifically.

The second shot I actually like quite a bit too but didn't say anything. It just reminds me of a certain place I used to work and it's similar enough but different that my dumb brain keeps thinking it's the current state of that place.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I don't understand the 2nd one at all. To me it says "I forgot my tripod but still want to take this photo" but it's interesting reading what people get out of it

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

I missed the first one when it was first posted. I find the composition a bit awkward and lopsided, and it's a shame about the dirt on the lens or whatever, but the tone, colours, and overall mood are really nice

Thanks for the feedback. I took this photo in 2016 and have only recently rediscovered it. The dirt on the lens annoyed me too because I was otherwise very proud of it. Fortunately, the location is not too far from where I live so I have a chance of getting a similar shot again, only this time with better equipment (and a clean lens).

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I also appreciate the feedback and now realize the photo doesn't work. The sidewalk I was standing on runs perpendicular to that place but almost 2 meters below it, so the shot was taken pretty much at eye-level. I found that ant's POV as unusual as it was striking. The sheer immensity of a perfectly banal loading dock, with the apartment complex and crane looming in the background.

None of that is being conveyed to the viewer, though, clearly. Maybe if I'd included the sidewalk somehow. I'll definitely give it some thought next time I pass through that area.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I think the photo is great, I like the ant's perspective.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

some jesus signs

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I took some photos yesterday, and am taking more photos today

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

digging this one

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

yes

yes

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Yeah nice.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Oh, this place is still here. Do we still like utility poles?

Gold Butte Road, Mesquite, Nevada. April 10, 2022 by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Utility poles are still on brand yes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You just have to endure my tired old joke about cloning out power lines.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

xzzy posted:

You just have to endure my tired old joke about cloning out power lines.

real chads clone power lines in

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

vxsarin posted:

Oh, this place is still here. Do we still like utility poles?

Gold Butte Road, Mesquite, Nevada. April 10, 2022 by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

thinkin about these poles

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

i feel these

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 30, 2022

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

^
Very nice!

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Cool

Yes

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

hopefully i haven't been too spammy in this thread lately, just feelin like im hitting a groove

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 2, 2022

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

^ That's a nice groove to be stuck in

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

hope and vaseline posted:

hopefully i haven't been too spammy in this thread lately, just feelin like im hitting a groove

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012