Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it's time for the tiny hat revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

My guess is that 'lethargic behavior' is people who tab out every time they die and and don't tab back in for 30-40 seconds or so. I've definitely had a few of those on my teams.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Cleretic posted:

Chatbind spam happens. Mainly at the end when they just hammer 'Nice job!' after losing in lower ranks.

Because as you all probably know, 90% of Bronze thinks they should be in Gold or higher, and it's every other Bronze player's fault they aren't.

yes.
t. bronze 1 2/3 stars which I am bound to lose

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I'm the bronze that's keeping all of you golds in bronze.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh my God I feel so sorry for the warrior I just fought in CC. Start of the match he charges at us, I silence him and the party kills him. Second time he runs in to try and support a teamfight he spawned late to, I silence him and we kill him. Third time he pulls me out of the pack, I repelling shot bind him and we just take the crystal away with a silence and kill for good measure. There was not a fourth time.

I don't know who has silence other than Brd and Rdm (if I read this right theirs is AoE?!) but it feels so good when it provably works. Most of the time I'm using it kinda haphazard and hope it provides some nuisance because that's better than waiting for a perfect moment on a 20s cooldown. When I can remember to wait until they'll be trying to heal/guard is definitely when I notice the most success.

As a corollary... any tactic you're going to Rambo into danger and pull off, think about what you'll do if silenced in the middle of it. Maybe jump back out or hit something defensive before the actual last second just in case. "You cannot solo the enemy team" is a rule that never changes, no matter how OP your job is.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

managed to keep my dps children alive thru the entire storge fight (healer was vaporized by the first mechanic) thanks to nu living dead letting me dedicate tbn to the squishy black mage. good change

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
If someone sent me a tell after a PVP match I would lol all the way to the block list.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

fwiw blacklisting them doesn't filter their communication if you get them on your pvp team again

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Persistently placing a negative icon on enemy players is against the rules? Allies I get, but don't opponents not even see those?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've already reported someone who said "Good match!" and then literally sat in spawn for the rest of the game

HPanda posted:

Persistently placing a negative icon on enemy players is against the rules? Allies I get, but don't opponents not even see those?

people on your own team will mark you with "Target to ignore" which is pretty rude

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kerrzhe posted:

i've already reported someone who said "Good match!" and then literally sat in spawn for the rest of the game

people on your own team will mark you with "Target to ignore" which is pretty rude

I don’t think I’ve ever seen those markers be used for their described purposes ever. Compared to my time raiding in WoW where everyone knew what the totally non-descript colour+shape markers meant no matter what you were fighting.

Always kill skull then X. CC Square/triangle/moon.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't know about pvp but in raids, marking someone who knows how to do difficult mechanics with the Dorito of Safety seems traditional

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't know about pvp but in raids, marking someone who knows how to do difficult mechanics with the Dorito of Safety seems traditional

Danger Dorito -- person to follow to avoid the danger
Confused Circle -- they're a Dorito who isn't confident in their abilities.
Suspicious Square -- they don't have a clue either but everyone's saying "can we have a dorito" and nobody's offering to do it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen those markers be used for their described purposes ever. Compared to my time raiding in WoW where everyone knew what the totally non-descript colour+shape markers meant no matter what you were fighting.

Always kill skull then X. CC Square/triangle/moon.

we do just have like "1" and "2" for kill order purposes, and in pve nobody really has CC like in WoW.

there is a "1" and "2" etc with a chains icon, which could be used for "cc this person" maybe in pvp

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Scholar was finally the job that took me to silver pvp. Turns out scholar buttons are a very good counter to all the common tactics that everyone's picked up the last two weeks. Deploying a biolytic on someone who thinks they're retreating to safety to their team is :discourse:

Bonus if some warrior decides to pull you into their team, so you can just drop a mummification on their entire team as a reward.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

once upon a time I saw markers used for which of King Moggle Mog's adds to kill and which to ignore using those markers.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kazy posted:

I wish there was a quick chat for "Stick together!"

It's Retreat.

At least, in English. The full text is "Fall back and regroup!"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Alxprit posted:

once upon a time I saw markers used for which of King Moggle Mog's adds to kill and which to ignore using those markers.
That can still be useful in roulettes because you still need the adds down to not have the raid exploded (which focusing directly on the King is good at making happen), and the numbers used are generally "the order in which they die the fastest."

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Any reports of pvp toxicity is of course anecdotal, but from my own experience out of over 200 matches is I have seen a handful of chat spammers, and like 1 actual afker. I goof around in casual a lot too and I can't say the experience was notably different in one way or the other.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
In about 40 games I've had 2 or 3 afkers, and the same number of people just autorunning into the enemy group for suicides.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kerrzhe posted:

we do just have like "1" and "2" for kill order purposes, and in pve nobody really has CC like in WoW.

there is a "1" and "2" etc with a chains icon, which could be used for "cc this person" maybe in pvp

Oh yeah like, I’m aware of the symbols in FFXIV, and I realised people are using target to kill for Aglaia Lion. But it’s still interesting how much more often WoW uses those markers in PvE. Perhaps due to add-ons and multiple target raid bosses both being more common in WoW in general.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Onean posted:

It's Retreat.

At least, in English. The full text is "Fall back and regroup!"

I know that one is there, but it's not quite appropriate when I just want everyone to stay on the crystal instead of chasing.

E: also looked at my Frontline stats. Out of almost 60 games I only have 12 1st place wins.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I've only had 1 guy being a noticeable pieace of poo poo and I reported him. It's honestly impressive how generally not lovely people have been. I also only just got out of silver and gold this week and was playing regularly the whole time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Patch notes:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6a3e8bf216810babcbe07b2842488577ec22cb54

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
PvP changes! Good nerfs to whm and rdm but I don't think it's going to be enough. Nerf to samurai pretty good. Buffs for gnb and dnc, but not sure it's enough for them since I barely know what those jobs do. Also buffs to rpr, might actually be playable now, operating under the assumption that, "Time required to fill the limit gauge to maximum has been reduced." Means lowering it from 90 to 60. Which is even lower because of plentiful harvest. Mass Hysteria at <60 seconds cd could be quite good.

Also cackling at the nin buff. Nin's what I play in PvP and that buff is a very nice QoL improvement for me, but more to the point, how did they not nerf nin? It's a crazy job! It hangs with whm, rdm, war, and samurai, all of whom ate nerfs, but nin is out there skidoodling around with some nonsense kit that can do everything as the situation requires.

By the same token, disappointed at them not nerfing drg. Not that I think drg needed a numbers nerf (though I do), but they definitely needed a limit break indicator made much more obvious nerf.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 26, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hey, MCH buffs! I mean it's not nearly enough but at least they're doing it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yes, keep buffing Bard LB. Good. :unsmigghh:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
lol get hosed Auto-poly mods

Love, the Sage

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Glad that PLD got some nice buffs. Now if only they actually gave us the stuns on Intervene that the tooltips say it should... (yes I know it doesn't say that it stuns in other languages I just wanna believe :negative:)

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

But it’s still interesting how much more often WoW uses those markers in PvE. Perhaps due to add-ons and multiple target raid bosses both being more common in WoW in general.

FF14 just doesn't have a need. Most raid/trial fights don't involve significant numbers of adds, and none of the dungeons require any kind of coordination at all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Oh good, SMN didn't get nerfed. Bad news for the people who take Frontlines seriously, but good for me who was enjoying being able to feel useful in Frontlines for a change.

I don't feel like Warrior got nerfed hard enough, but I feel like at this stage the only nerf I'd be happy with seeing WAR eat is 'being killed in its sleep'.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

High end fights I see the 1 and 2 markers most often used on healers since the game loves healer stacks

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
The warrior pvp nerf enrages me beyond reasonable means.

This is a good thing, now I can fell cleave more book wielding nerds.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
we do occasionally make use of repose as CC in baldesian arsenal. it's not necessary, but a lot of mobs that are stun immune are not sleep immune, and if you sleep them before a cast goes off it'll work as a quasi-interrupt.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Khizan posted:

FF14 just doesn't have a need. Most raid/trial fights don't involve significant numbers of adds, and none of the dungeons require any kind of coordination at all.

Once upon a time I would make targets 1, 2, 3 in dungeons for people to kill in order but now we just AOE and melt everything so there's no point.

Its useful for learning parties when you hit a phase where things need to do in a certain order (Titania Extreme) but otherwise the game does a good job letting you know what should die later and what needs to die now.

edit: I've seen 1, 2, 3, etc... get used as a priority system for mechanics (E4S P2 Act 2 w/ DPS) but PFer boils it to Melee CW Ranged CCW and then from there you can usually figure out the intent of the other person before you make the move.

Also 1, 2 used on Healers so you know which group to stack on (E2S, E4S P1, and the 6.1 Extreme)

To many icons on too many heads is visual clutter I don't like.

Fiye fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 26, 2022

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
The only use of target markers I see is people marking tanks/healers with 1,2,3 etc. so that you can more easily follow them for mechanics.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Most of WAR power comes from durability and limit break, other than the chain their package doesn't do much out of the ordinary, they just unga bunga through fights and hold out long enough for help to arrive half the time. I think it's about as much of a nerf as they need, half shield and much less HP gain in situations where the enemy team isn't all bunched up. I'm still gonna main it. Good first step on the changes imo

Also got to LB on an enemy team while we were in the middle of the explosives going off and ended up causing a bunch of deaths as I barely survived the explosion myself tonight was a great feeling

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

quote:

An issue wherein the secondary attributes of Panthean gear obtained from the alliance raid Aglaia were incorrect.
An issue wherein the secondary attributes of augmented classical gear obtained in exchange for crafted item level 580 gear were incorrect.
I wonder if all the cases where augmented classical gear has different stats from the base classical piece were mistakes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The new Ultimate title is "The Heaven's Legend".
Here's an album of the new weapons (they're all "of the Heavens" weapons with different, golden glows)
https://imgur.com/a/C632Pne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Algid posted:

I use both hands on the keyboard for combat mostly, only use the mouse for quick camera movements since it's faster than using the arrow keys and sometimes the tells are outside the arena.

This is a result of being trained by FFXI.

Sometimes I think back to needing macros for every spell so you wouldn't have to dig through nested menus.

What a time that's happily long dead.