Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wait, the WHM bug wasn't that Dia cost too much, it's that Aero II was doing too much damage? Their "fix" was reducing the potency, Dia still costs 400.

At least Bards are okay. Assuming it went through. That was a headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vitamean posted:

it's time for the tiny hat revolution

Tiny hats rise up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ibblebibble posted:

Tiny hats rise up.

Of course, they're lighter.

...how does the tiny had interact with poofy hairstyes?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bruceski posted:

Of course, they're lighter.

...how does the tiny had interact with poofy hairstyes?

The tiny crown clips thorough the pomp incredibly badly. Like 80% of the crown is swallowed by the hairstyle. :negative:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

As much as I (mildly) dislike T3EX, it felt good yesterday to do a clutch tank LB3 to save the party after blue/blue/red/red when 3 people were dead and we didn't have enough people up for towers.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Bruceski posted:

Wait, the WHM bug wasn't that Dia cost too much, it's that Aero II was doing too much damage? Their "fix" was reducing the potency, Dia still costs 400.

that's what was intended all along. low level healer DPS spells were supposed to be reduced in MP cost but they accidentally gave Aero 2 the potency/duration from Dia along with the reduced MP.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
aw you gotta do p4s to do dragonsong ultimate?
also pvp changes! or lack thereof to Dragoon! minimal changes to Sam, i think they're fine.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Zeruel posted:

To be fair you need to be BiS equipped (or i400 w/ savage weapon) to do the ultimate.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zeruel posted:

also pvp changes! or lack thereof to Dragoon! minimal changes to Sam, i think they're fine.

That's how it always is. Need to clear the current savage wing to go into ultimate. It's harder, after all.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Gobbeldygook posted:

I wonder if all the cases where augmented classical gear has different stats from the base classical piece were mistakes.
yep they retroactively changed the stats on a number of pieces of augmented classical gear, they're going to make equal numbers of people happy and enraged

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It feels oddly gratifying to get repeatedly focused to death in CC. I know I suck, but at least the other team thinks I'm important. :unsmith:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Thundarr posted:

It feels oddly gratifying to get repeatedly focused to death in CC. I know I suck, but at least the other team thinks I'm important. :unsmith:

Yeah it’s funny when playing on a scholar, cause usually you’ll be leaving them with your dot and mummification so really funny when your team takes advantage of that and cleans them up afterwards.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Thundarr posted:

I'm on OCE, so queueing back to back tends to give you the same people over and over, and on top of that, if you're queueing the same roles you tend to land the same opposition (whm vs whm, etc). The joy when you land a big blow in the last match, followed by you loading into the next one and FEELING that target to attack 1 getting placed above your head, knowing it is there even if you cannot see it by some unspoken lizard brain pvp knowledge, is a mix of smug 'yeah I got you :smuggo:' and the screaming of immediately taking five people's focus fire every time you take one step out of spawn.

(Am I good at PVP? no. Is PVP crazy fun anyway? YES. Give the PVP team a raise for making it something I'm spamming instead of a daily exp frontlines chore).

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Allarion posted:

Yeah it’s funny when playing on a scholar, cause usually you’ll be leaving them with your dot and mummification so really funny when your team takes advantage of that and cleans them up afterwards.

A Recitation-boosted Biolysis->Bane is a surprisingly big chunk of damage for a healer. And they just made the Damage Down debuff last just as long as the DoT itself. Could make or break a teamfight or two.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can’t believe they aren’t doing anything to frontlines — mode is basically unplayable and smn is untouched/joined by blm spamming poo poo now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Firebert posted:

I can’t believe they aren’t doing anything to frontlines — mode is basically unplayable and smn is untouched/joined by blm spamming poo poo now

I disagree frontlines owns I haven't enjoyed PVP really ever in final fantasy like I do right now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HPanda posted:

Persistently placing a negative icon on enemy players is against the rules? Allies I get, but don't opponents not even see those?

The only thing I can think of is if someone marks an enemy target to be prioritized, and someone else keeps deliberately changing it to "target to ignore."

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I've started doing Frontlines roulette and it loving sucks, I don't know how anyone can keep track of what is happening at any given moment, it's just pure chaos and not in a fun way. It's decent enough XP and doesn't take too long, though the matches have been incredibly tedious. I'm looking forward to trying out CC at least, but Frontlines is just something to be endured for me, at least until I get the fist-punch emote.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I have to imagine this is just a small first pass ahead of a larger PvP patch because otherwise they're just fine with White Mage LB doing five different things at once.

Also gently caress buffing macrocosmos's damage, stop having double cast be disabled by abilities so I can properly use my cards while banking a gravity or a benefic

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Frontlines works if you accept that you don't personally have any real influence over the outcome via fighting (unless you really, really know what you're doing) or you don't care if you win or lose any given instance.

The actual way to do well in that mode is to keep an eye on the map and make regular calls in alliance chat to steer the horde to useful locations. If you can keep the bulk of them in the right place for most of the duty, your chances of winning go up considerably. Unfortunately as a controller player I can't really do call outs while actually playing, so whenever I end up on a silent team I just prep myself for another L.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Embrace chaos. Deaths don't matter. Go out there and have fun.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
There was a single fellow in my Frontlines roulette today who managed to keep us from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by reminding the giant mass to hold position and not greed too hard, because we nearly lost a bunch of our Battle High folks to the other teams trying to swarm us. We managed to just live and stall to victory.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I will say though that it was hilarious in a Seal Rock map when an enemy team was making a full push at us through a canyon, with a bunch of friendlies fleeing before them... right until another summoner and I ambush LB'd them. Watching the flow of players stop and then reverse into a full rout was pretty incredible.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

rantmo posted:

I've started doing Frontlines roulette and it loving sucks, I don't know how anyone can keep track of what is happening at any given moment, it's just pure chaos and not in a fun way. It's decent enough XP and doesn't take too long, though the matches have been incredibly tedious. I'm looking forward to trying out CC at least, but Frontlines is just something to be endured for me, at least until I get the fist-punch emote.
It's mostly about looking at the map, following the group from one crystal/flag/whatever to another and glancing at chat window for occasional calls. Otherwise just don't jump alone into enemy group. It can be quite organized sometimes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rantmo posted:

I don't know how anyone can keep track of what is happening at any given moment,

Experience, mainly.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I will say frontlines feels way more lopsided than before. I feel like you can get a sense of which team is full of proper button pushers and want to kill the enemy, and which one is full of people who are clocking in for the rewards and nothing else.

My frontline roulette yesterday had a team get a total of 5 points by the end of Seal Rock it was mine

For real don't take frontlines too seriously unless you are queueing with like a full raid. Lot of chaos and a lot of sheep herding. Easiest thing to do is if someone is calling out where to go, just go there and mash people.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Consummate Professional posted:

If someone sent me a tell after a PVP match I would lol all the way to the block list.

Some one messaged me about another goon's behavior in a frontlines. Which I promptly posted in /fc and a good laugh was had by all. Then they went busy which prevents friend requests.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dragongem posted:

For real don't take frontlines too seriously unless you are queueing with like a full raid. Lot of chaos and a lot of sheep herding. Easiest thing to do is if someone is calling out where to go, just go there and mash people.

You can only queue as a 4 stack for frontlines

Selane
May 19, 2006

I did one Frontline roulette, which was the first time I've ever even been in there, and despite getting a ton of xp my main takeaway was "yeah, not doing that again". For me it's not a 'mad about losing' thing, the whole thing is just so boring that I'd rather just go grind fates or do dungeons or whatever for xp. I loled when I read about them mentioning going afk and whatnot being against the rules, because while I wouldn't do it in CC by the time the frontline was halfway over I was definitely sitting there doing nothing after respawning for 20 seconds or so just to kill time. Whether you find CC fun or not, one thing we can all agree on is that at least it's over quickly, so bad games don't drag on forever.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Sounds like the words of someone who kept throwing themselves into meat grinders

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Having seen enough last minute come from behind victories in frontlines, it is possible for a team to rally at the last second if the team stays engaged. Though also requires a bit of luck with the two winning teams eating into each other though. That said, frontlines is mostly staying in your murderball, and just hoping rng spawns don’t lead too deep into enemy territory that your team gets greedy, but also hoping there’a enough of the right sort of people who can steal those extra few points.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

IcePhoenix posted:

You can only queue as a 4 stack for frontlines

oh, that's a bummer

still can do some fun stuff as 4

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
There's a lot of logic to FLs and they're surprisingly close to WoW BGs but a lot of it is built up as muscle memory by playing repeatedly.

Learning observation is incredibly important to avoid being overrun or pinched, etc. But you're also at the mercy of RNG, since your team may be full of a critical mass more of dummies, pvp sprouts or the worst: sulks on death. There's also a big element to focusing down targets of opportunity to build battle high across your side and ruin the enemy's momentum. I've seen many losing FLs recover on the strength of picking smart fights.

I've definitely gone from total confusion and a feeling of uselessness to regular top 5-10 damage with meaningful damage done and K/D ratio as far as my solo contribution.

Above all else: Sprint is the best defensive cooldown.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

super-redguy posted:

There was a single fellow in my Frontlines roulette today who managed to keep us from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by reminding the giant mass to hold position and not greed too hard, because we nearly lost a bunch of our Battle High folks to the other teams trying to swarm us. We managed to just live and stall to victory.

I still have no idea how battle high works or what it even does

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Failboattootoot posted:

By the same token, disappointed at them not nerfing drg. Not that I think drg needed a numbers nerf (though I do), but they definitely needed a limit break indicator made much more obvious nerf.

If the tell is any more obvious, it’ll be like the old Adrenaline actions in Frontlines that never hit anyone because they were ridiculously telegraphed

You can make the initial jump more obvious, but after that the onus is on the player to notice “hey wait where did the dragoon go”

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

S.J. posted:

I still have no idea how battle high works or what it even does

Stacking damage buff, each 20 points on the bar is 10% extra damage. You get 10 for a kill, 2 for an "assist" (I'm not sure exactly what the requirement for that is) and lose half when you die.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It also increases outgoing healing, but that's less relevant now that healers mostly do piecemeal healing instead of pumping it out nonstop.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Worth asking, does Battle High affect LBs?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my most successful frontlines matches involve finding the person in my party with the highest battle high then sticking to them like glue, if it's me then i just keep doing what i'm doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

Stacking damage buff, each 20 points on the bar is 10% extra damage. You get 10 for a kill, 2 for an "assist" (I'm not sure exactly what the requirement for that is)
Assists just require that you've done damage to someone within some time period before they're killed by someone else on your team (like... somewhere between 5-15 seconds I think). In big 3-way fights if you're not getting them it's usually because the third team sniped the kill.

edit: I'm like 85% sure Battle High does not affect limit break damage but I can't really find confirmation

Martman fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 26, 2022