Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
hangman is better than kenny because he beat him to win the highest prize in the history of our sport

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The only match Kenny’s had this year is his face and my rear end

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

The only match Kenny’s had this year is his face and my rear end

Eat My rear end

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

xbilkis posted:

I don’t know why we would need to compare 30 year old Hangman to 30 year old Kenny when Hangman is simply having better matches as AEW champion than Kenny did.

An American TV wrestler like Kenny Omega can entertain you with his goofy weekly character antics, but when it comes to the bouts themselves, he can’t hold a candle to “Hangman” Adam Page

I love Hangman but no. Kenny Omega is a once in a generation wrestler. He was having some of the best matches of 2021 despite being really busted up.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

hangman is better than kenny because he beat him to win the highest prize in the history of our sport

He beat a Kenny that was held together with duct tape.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah and being healthy let him wrestle better than Kenny! Case closed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hangman has had a good year and reign but he's not running away with wrestler of the year like Okada and Omega did the years they won it. He'll get votes and should but it's a wide open race that could be won by anybody (like say CM Punk)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

NienNunb posted:

Eat My rear end

The Mr. McMahon "Eat My rear end Club" storyline was, mercifully, VERY short-lived

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

He beat a Kenny that was held together with duct tape.

This is why we need to run it back :unsmigghh:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hangman has had a good year and reign but he's not running away with wrestler of the year like Okada and Omega did the years they won it. He'll get votes and should but it's a wide open race that could be won by anybody (like say CM Punk)

if the previous Omega and 60-min Bryan match happened in 2022 I'd say he'd be on the level for this year, but right now he's got the two Cole matches and the excellent Lance Archer deathmatch, it'll take a whole lot more to go nuclear. I feel like someone else will have a better year over the next 7 months but it doesn't seem impossible at all for Hangman to have another 6 or 7 bangers to make the case.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1518633573779136514

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I wish Kane was in the limo that exploded, not Vince

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

plenty of room in that limo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Is Sean Ross Sapp saying Katie Vick was the heel

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Is Sean Ross Sapp saying Katie Vick was the heel

you'll have to subscribe to Fightful .com to find out

e

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm sorry but Hangman isn't coming back to teach your class, buddy.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 26, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hangman can’t even defeat a 9 year old girl, he should go back to teaching shop class to 9th graders in Appleton, Wisconsin and get the hell out of the ring!

I'm sorry but Hangman isn't coming back to teach your class, buddy.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If we follow the original story this would end with Kane and an army of hobos. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This shirt rules

https://twitter.com/KayfabeNews/status/1518959827489275905

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

What's weird is that Okada is managing to have a year that's great but under the radar somehow. I think because (for me at least) none of them have hit the absolute heights you might expect from the Rainmaker, but it's just the sheer consistency. I have 3 matches at ****½ & 4 at ****¼, plus another 3 I gave HM nods to (1 **** & 2 ***¾). I haven't gone through all my results to see if anyone else beats that (Go has a *****, a ****½, 4 ****¼, 1 **** & 4 ***¾ so I might give him the edge because of that 1/1 match but it's very close anyway) but regardless, I just haven't seen Okada get nearly the "he's having a WOTY kind of year" chatter that his year probably warrants. Especially with a G1 to go & at least 1 more title defence.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kenny is the G.O.A.T. , nobody compares to him. Sorry if some fat 40 year old packed more people into some barn in the 70's, but none of them could go like Kenny.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I hope everyone has been praying for Soup

https://mobile.twitter.com/Takesoup/status/1518993786919079939

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that hitchhiking robot got to philly okay, soup boy will be fine

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

He can’t be worse than Kota Ibushi traveling, so I think he’s good.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why not ride with Shida?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dancing Peasant posted:

He can’t be worse than Kota Ibushi traveling, so I think he’s good.

Ibushi's spirit in DDT is currently being channeled by Takeshita's stablemate Ueno, who recently got lost walking down a single street in the city he lives in, trying to get from the gym to the corporate office

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SG Bamboo posted:

Ibushi's spirit in DDT is currently being channeled by Takeshita's stablemate Ueno, who recently got lost walking down a single street in the city he lives in, trying to get from the gym to the corporate office

Maybe Japanese streets are difficult to navigate.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that hitchhiking robot got to philly okay, soup boy will be fine

And made out ok too, right?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

What's weird is that Okada is managing to have a year that's great but under the radar somehow. I think because (for me at least) none of them have hit the absolute heights you might expect from the Rainmaker, but it's just the sheer consistency. I have 3 matches at ****½ & 4 at ****¼, plus another 3 I gave HM nods to (1 **** & 2 ***¾). I haven't gone through all my results to see if anyone else beats that (Go has a *****, a ****½, 4 ****¼, 1 **** & 4 ***¾ so I might give him the edge because of that 1/1 match but it's very close anyway) but regardless, I just haven't seen Okada get nearly the "he's having a WOTY kind of year" chatter that his year probably warrants. Especially with a G1 to go & at least 1 more title defence.

Okada's hurt both by New Japan still being cool and ZSJ's New Japan Cup run just being that good .

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1518997610857521153
https://twitter.com/Rushlemania/status/1519014835618471936

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

This is demonstrably false

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

This is demonstrably false

bahahaha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cringe reply

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada's hurt both by New Japan still being cool and ZSJ's New Japan Cup run just being that good .

Also Shingo Takagi is still Shingo Takagi

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Teej fans seething, malding

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Dave, once again, is right

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi is wrestler of the year as he has been every year and it's time we stop being afraid to say it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Alaois posted:

Teej fans seething, malding

We know that Dave doesn't care about TJPW, just look at his baffling write up of Grand Princess.

SEAd fans know in their heart where the best women's wrestling is, and have no need to seethe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

SEAd fans know in their heart where the best women's wrestling is, and have no need to seethe

It's this. Poor Dave can't be expected to keep up with all the good wrestling when his job requires him to watch an eternity of bad wrestling every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Although saying that, even if it were just Big Hash and a bunch of jobbers, the quality of Sendai Girls would still put it in the discussion