Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I sure hope it's that and, speaking from experience here, not some un-diagnosed medical issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it's not a medical issue he's just taking care of himself lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

until paige and woolie reveal that every clip of him this year was recorded in advance and he actually died of complications from mind goblin withdrawal in 2021 and made them promise not to tell anyone for laughs :c00l:

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Dammit, did they coward out on the podcast title? Just Fartfartbabybarf. Not a title saying that it will be Fartfartbabybarf. That part is important.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The title is "At Some Point The Title Will Just Become Fartfartbabybarf"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

beep by grandpa posted:

until paige and woolie reveal that every clip of him this year was recorded in advance and he actually died of complications from mind goblin withdrawal in 2021 and made them promise not to tell anyone for laughs :c00l:

I fully expect a toddler to waddle into a stream before to long and it to be nosold.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Warbird posted:

I fully expect a toddler to waddle into a stream before to long and it to be nosold.

Why would Pat waddle onto his own stream?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i can't believe paige gave pat lupus

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9fAr43q5U
It has been six years since this joke was made. :allears:

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Warbird posted:

"We found him at a stand for $40 and they were out of cake."

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Part 47 of the Elden Ring "anime" and im kind of salty that Woolie skipped being kicked off the cliff by Patches. (Or being sent to the manor by the maiden)

e: Woolie, upon being set to the Volcano Manor via iron virgin: "Ah, so this is the foot of the erdtree"

Patches could shank this man and he'd still think nothing is up.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 28, 2022

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I'm really enjoying the Elden Ring anime but I swear to god it's like Woolie is incapable of looking farther than like 10 feet ahead of him. Any time the game has one of its moments where it opens up your sightline to reveal a big, sweeping vista that shows off where you're supposed to go next, he immediately begins swinging his camera around looking at every flower in the vicinity. Stands on top of a tower with a panoramic view of the zone around him, points the camera at the brick wall. Stands on a cliff that overlooks the big wide open area dominated by the big castle he's been wanting to go to but hasn't found yet, points the camera straight down the cliff edge, then turns around and rides away.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
On one hand he is like this most of the time, sorta going through games staring at the ground like a shy kid and on the other hand I'm pretty sure he's been trolling chat for like 2 weeks by purposefully ignoring stuff. Like sure, screw backseaters but I think he took it a bit too far this time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Reg is making it work. I'm most astounded that he is still using caestus with a loving shield. How could that be fun!?

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I mean, he's a punchboy through and through, and it's a playstyle and moveset he enjoys and finds satisfying, so I don't mind the caestus. It's gonna be really funny when finds the Spiked Caestus after he's put this many resources into the regular ones though. Besides, without the caestus we wouldn't have Reggie's recurring joke about the Moonveil katana whispering promises of power whenever they reach a tough enemy and having such a short melee range is biting Woolie in the rear end. I just wish he would hold the camera still for like three seconds and soak in the world around him every now and then.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
He's trying to avoid doing stuff everyone else is doing gear wise. I think he still has a shield cause he's a coward per usual but he'll probably keep going with caestus since this might be the first time they've been so viable. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't really change it up much until endgame when you can just buy most of the upgrade materials.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Moose King posted:

I'm really enjoying the Elden Ring anime but I swear to god it's like Woolie is incapable of looking farther than like 10 feet ahead of him. Any time the game has one of its moments where it opens up your sightline to reveal a big, sweeping vista that shows off where you're supposed to go next, he immediately begins swinging his camera around looking at every flower in the vicinity. Stands on top of a tower with a panoramic view of the zone around him, points the camera at the brick wall. Stands on a cliff that overlooks the big wide open area dominated by the big castle he's been wanting to go to but hasn't found yet, points the camera straight down the cliff edge, then turns around and rides away.

I think it's Woolie's bug tester instincts, but yeah I hate it too even though he's far from the only LPer to do it. Minh was actually even worse about it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moose King posted:

I mean, he's a punchboy through and through, and it's a playstyle and moveset he enjoys and finds satisfying, so I don't mind the caestus. It's gonna be really funny when finds the Spiked Caestus after he's put this many resources into the regular ones though. Besides, without the caestus we wouldn't have Reggie's recurring joke about the Moonveil katana whispering promises of power whenever they reach a tough enemy and having such a short melee range is biting Woolie in the rear end. I just wish he would hold the camera still for like three seconds and soak in the world around him every now and then.

You can put the fighting game boy in front of another game but you can't take the fighting game out of the FG enjoyer.

I imagine 13 Sentinels and UltraKill were very rough because he wanted to punch and kick all of the enemies.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Caestus is nothing compared to to the partizan days.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm just mad about the shield. It's great that he's making it work, but two fists is so clearly the way to go

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Anyone who has played Bloodborne and returns to Souls still using shields is the ultimate coward.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Marin Karin posted:

Anyone who has played Bloodborne and returns to Souls still using shields is the ultimate coward.

Make shield parries as cool as gun parries and then we can talk. :colbert:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Marin Karin posted:

Yeah, in like 170hrs of elden ring i prob used a shield for <1 hr total tops :c00l:

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I wish shields were just viable again. One of the reasons DS1 is still my favorite is because you can build a big piece of poo poo brickhouse of a character and it's just as viable as rolling through the game.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I wish shields were just viable again. One of the reasons DS1 is still my favorite is because you can build a big piece of poo poo brickhouse of a character and it's just as viable as rolling through the game.

I respecced to a great shield build for ng+ and it makes the game a joke. Stuff like the omen ogres and ancient warriors and crucible knights which hosed me up on my power stanced dagger build can't even touch me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCRPNHgdeF8

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I respecced to a great shield build for ng+ and it makes the game a joke. Stuff like the omen ogres and ancient warriors and crucible knights which hosed me up on my power stanced dagger build can't even touch me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCRPNHgdeF8

That's cool. I haven't been able to put a lot of time into Elden Ring.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Marin Karin posted:

Bloodborne made me want to use shields more then ever. So many annoying as gently caress enemies with flail attacks.

That said since DS3 2H STR has been my go-to build.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Shields are incredibly strong on Elden Ring, slightly less strong after they nerfed Shield Barricade and the Fingerprint Shield.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
As someone who is the middle of a dex weapon focus dual wield run, I too really wish he'd ditch the shield cause it makes for much more intense encounters.

But this is Woolie and he is a known turtle so it's far from surprising.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well we have seen Woolie vs Mogh way too early. It took almost an hour, but Woolie realized it was out of his league, and is going elsewhere.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
For context to anyone who hasn't played Elden Ring and want to know how early Woolie is:
to get to Mohg's zone the 'normal' way, you'd have to beat the rest of Altus Plateau, its Legacy Dungeon, go to the zone after that, beat a castle halfway into there to get a key that unlocks a semi-secret zone, and find a warpgate 1/3-1/2 way through that zone that leads to the Blood Mausoleum area

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well we have seen Woolie vs Mogh way too early. It took almost an hour, but Woolie realized it was out of his league, and is going elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if his entire off screen time over the weekend was slamming his head again Mogh till he beat him honestly.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Overlord K posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if his entire off screen time over the weekend was slamming his head again Mogh till he beat him honestly.

Nostradamus over here.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

it was pretty sick tho

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Overlord K posted:

I kind of wish he had just waited till later. It feels weird to fight him before Mogh the Omen in the Capital.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
okay when I tune into pat's VODs I generally skip the preamble ramble and go straight to the gameplay, but is it always like this one:
https://twitch.tv/videos/1471876513

I've just had it on in the background and it's been amazing bickering and banter, for example this part where pat goes into dr. spaghetti mode and talks about italian elon musk
https://twitch.tv/videos/1471876513?t=1466s

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Frankly the pregame bullshit between Pat & Paige is the best part of the streams :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they should archive them as podcasts then

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I would absolutely keep it playing on loop forever if they had some playlist that's just all the prestream stuff where they're both there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

MorningMoon posted:

I would absolutely keep it playing on loop forever if they had some playlist that's just all the prestream stuff where they're both there.

Mysterious Jojo has to run out of SBFP content eventually.