Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Too many jeopardy faces, not enough jeopardy heels IMO. Give us someone to root against for a while and then we all can cheer when they lose.

what I'm saying is have the iron sheik on jeopardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

christmas boots posted:

Give us someone to root against for a while

Well, we have Mayim...

(I know what you mean; I'm mostly joking.)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 26, 2022

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

What the actual gently caress was the Canadian province thing last night....

Yeah, I was having nunavit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

christmas boots posted:

Too many jeopardy faces, not enough jeopardy heels IMO. Give us someone to root against for a while and then we all can cheer when they lose.

We already have James

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Matt Amodio was a heel, to me

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

My girlfriend and I binged a bunch of Austin’s episodes last year since they were available and decided that we hated him. It’s genuinely fun to root against someone game after game.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

My girlfriend and I binged a bunch of Austin’s episodes last year since they were available and decided that we hated him. It’s genuinely fun to root against someone game after game.

Having met Austin in person, he seemed pretty cool and legit.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy poo poo, two incredibly annoying contestants on today's game.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

drat, some of you goons get Jeopardy early.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

drat, some of you goons get Jeopardy early.

4pm central here in the Midwest.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Duckman2008 posted:

4pm central here in the Midwest.

I don't get it until 7pm here in my spot in the Eastern time zone.

God's true timezone my rear end.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

christmas boots posted:

Jonathan Fisher had an extremely punchable face.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Timby posted:

Holy poo poo, three incredibly annoying contestants on today's game.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I don't get it until 7pm here in my spot in the Eastern time zone.

God's true timezone my rear end.

All seriousness , central time kicks rear end.

Everything in eastern time is not too late, but it’s also not super early like pacific time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Timby posted:

Holy poo poo, two incredibly annoying contestants on today's game.

That Daily Bugle question was nuts.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That Daily Bugle question was nuts.

Precisely.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Having met Austin in person, he seemed pretty cool and legit.

Oh it was totally an arbitrary hate. I loved him as a team leader in the big tournament.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

it's a wild coincidence that most of the people i see criticizing mattea (not here, necessarily) are the same ones who complain about auditioning 15 times and always passing the test and inexplicably not getting picked for the show. like, they picked her because she's fun and obviously enjoying herself. this is how you get on jeopardy! stop malding and take notes, dorks

e: obviously i'm not saying everyone has to like her, but you gotta understand that superchamps with personalities are sony's dream and they're loving every minute of it

This.

Also, keep in mind she's 23 and definitely the youngest Jeopardy! superchamp. She's obviously nervous when you watch her, and so yeah, she's not as polished as some of the other champs and sometimes rambles a little. Whatever. We're still getting through all the clues on the board, and I'd rather see someone with a bit of personality than a beep boop Jeopardy robot.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

On the fun side, an old classmate from my freshman year of college is in tomorrow's game. :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought everybody was fun today. Was kinda hoping for podium 3 to advance.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That's an insanely tragic outcome for Nicky in the middle. The overheard on set from tonight is totally worth a watch.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I like Mattea.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i do not like mattea and wish she would shut up

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

She is kinda annoying but I give it a pass because she's a kid. The other annoying champs had no excuse.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I like Mattea and hope she keeps winning! I've been a fan ever since one of her early episodes when she talked about her Talking Heads tattoos.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Groovelord Neato posted:

She is kinda annoying but I give it a pass because she's a kid. The other annoying champs had no excuse.

I don't think this is an excuse, especially not 16 wins in now. She's presumably watched the show a lot before auditioning and should know this is not normal or appropriate.

That said, I blame the people running the show who seem to just let this sort of thing run rampant lately (not necessarily Ken, who can only do so much in-episode without being an rear end in a top hat). They should have told her to cut down the chatter and commentary between episodes, kind of like how they'll coach a struggling contestant on their buzzer technique during the break.

You can still get in a (short) joke here or there, but it's gotten BAD lately. Last night on that second to last clue they literally talked through the entire time remaining for the other two to buzz in, and I think they didn't know they could buzz in because of it. Now imagine what they've probably edited out to leave us with this.

Just look at Ken. He's gotten in some great one-liners after responses but it doesn't slow the game down at all (especially compared to Bialik's nonsense). There's a rhythm to it all that you have to be aware of and keep things moving.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Kid jeopardy had less annoying contestants and kids are extremely annoying.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I am legitimately confounded that this is the most divisive contestant we've had in a while.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

christmas boots posted:

I am legitimately confounded that this is the most divisive contestant we've had in a while.

:same:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It's how we know we're still alive

By being on Team Mattea :twisted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i like mattea she seems nice and cool and i don't think her asides are that intrusive

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

OK I hate Ken now.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

could she just please stop editorializing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There have been exactly six clues left on the board in her entire run and none in like two weeks so I do not give a gently caress if she talks too much

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I wasn’t paying attention to categories and blurted out “cockpit” to the front of the airplane clue and I desperately wish I had been on so Ken would have had to deal with that.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

What’s with Ken’srambling speeches before he reveals the categories in the first round? That’s way more annoying than Mattea

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Paid Bialik bots, the lot of you

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Ken rules and Mattea is great and I love this run of Jeopardy. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat at the end of today's game.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah that game was great. The surge by the middle guy and the answer from Mattea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Also, I want to make a joke about a certain wardrobe choice/move in today's episode being Mattea's version of Ash Ketchum turning his cap backwards, but I can't figure out how to do it without sounding like a gross rear end in a top hat