Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They are going to adapt Spider Solitaire, a character drawn exclusively for a mutants and masterminds second edition book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe Sony will buy my Judas Traveller pitch.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Codependent Poster posted:

in my head i had equated this guy with Morlun and it only just occurred to me that they're distinct characters

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Give me Stilt-Man already, Sony!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When that MODOK show for Hulu was getting made, apparently one of the few times the creators were told they couldn't use a character was Stilt-Man of all things, so maybe you'll get your wish

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

if I remember right everybody on the no-go list for MODOK sounded like characters that would pop up on She-Hulk if they went full Ally McBeal.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Karma Tornado posted:

if I remember right everybody on the no-go list for MODOK sounded like characters that would pop up on She-Hulk if they went full Ally McBeal.

I thought the whole no list was just Stilt-Man and Turner D. Century.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

it was those two and Paste-Pot Pete, yeah.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I feel like they’re stupid enough to buy anything Spider-Man related. Keep an eye out for my Hobgoblin film that’ll have multiple endings like Clue.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
eagerly awaiting the movie about Spider-Man's true nemesis, the brick

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

site posted:

eagerly awaiting the movie about Spider-Man's true nemesis, the brick

Would probably outperform Mobius so I think Sony should go for it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Look, Mr. Sony. Can I call you Mr. Sony? We both want the same thing. We want that god drat Joaquin Phoenix Joker money. You want it. I want it. But you don't have the Joker, Mr. Sony. You have Spider-Man properties. Well let me be the first to congratulate you on adding a new wing to your house with an extra wing on it once you're smart enough to adapt my boy Clown-9 to cinema. I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, he's an evil clown who hates your hero. I don't think we need to do the math. Just cast Cole Sprouse and cut me a check.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

theironjef posted:

Look, Mr. Sony. Can I call you Mr. Sony? We both want the same thing. We want that god drat Joaquin Phoenix Joker money. You want it. I want it. But you don't have the Joker, Mr. Sony. You have Spider-Man properties. Well let me be the first to congratulate you on adding a new wing to your house with an extra wing on it once you're smart enough to adapt my boy Clown-9 to cinema. I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, he's an evil clown who hates your hero. I don't think we need to do the math. Just cast Cole Sprouse and cut me a check.

Do I need to watch Clown 1-8 to know what's going on?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Madkal posted:

Space for prequels! Cut me two checks.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Sprouse is an amazing actor, he could nail evil clown.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Golden Bee posted:

Sprouse is an amazing actor, he could nail evil clown.

I actually get the feeling he'd think playing a knockoff Joker clown villain in the Spider-Man universe would be hilarious.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I really didn't think we'd be at "Sony is desperate enough to throw a movie at dudes who literally got two appearances over a decade ago and nothing else before or since" for at least another five years, but... here we are.

It's also a shame because Bad Bunny is a hell of a charismatic dude and who knows, maybe he can act? But this is not how to find that out.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This sounds like a monkey paw granting some fan's wish to see more acknowledgement of Spider-Man's stint as a wrestler.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The only thing worse than a clown is a clown with superpowers

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Madkal posted:

Nah, I skipped Leonard Part 1-5 and Part 6 was still pretty easy to follow.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/heavyspoilers/status/1518783786066001921?s=21&t=dvUcotnnffUUFxi1IY1P3w

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stilt Man could be in Armor Wars I guess?

That’s the most I’ve ever thought of Stilt Man.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

We still Silver Sable and Spider Woman and Kane and like more recognizable characters right? I feel like this is execs just angrily saying no to anything that might have some embrace of a fan base

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Just take whatever action movie script you have floating around, change the country and give the lead woman silver hair, and it’s a Silver Sable movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has Bad Bunny done any acting before?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

Has Bad Bunny done any acting before?

He was in the last season of Narcos and is in the Brad Pitt bullet train movie. But most importantly he’s been on WWE and Wrestlemania a couple of times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IOsk2Vlc4o

The song switching to Spanish when he shows up is great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Stilt Man could be in Armor Wars I guess?

That’s the most I’ve ever thought of Stilt Man.
I was reading an older Daredevil run and the guy who is the arms dealer in the Daredevil Netflix show briefly gets the Stilt-Man suit in one issue

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Shageletic posted:

We still Silver Sable and Spider Woman and Kane and like more recognizable characters right? I feel like this is execs just angrily saying no to anything that might have some embrace of a fan base

This is execs excited that they landed a contract with a potential rising star and working backwards to find a property to attach him to.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Give me a Spindrifter movie, Sony you cowards! She could actually support plots other than the one she appeared in!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was reading an older Daredevil run and the guy who is the arms dealer in the Daredevil Netflix show briefly gets the Stilt-Man suit in one issue

Oh, Turk? I also read that he somehow got hold of an Infinity Gem at one point. Weird.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

I don't read much month to month these days but I read the first issue of some event or other where all the people who currently had Infinity Gems met up, one of them was Turk, and nothing has ever screamed out in vain for a little editor's note more.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Karma Tornado posted:

I don't read much month to month these days but I read the first issue of some event or other where all the people who currently had Infinity Gems met up, one of them was Turk, and nothing has ever screamed out in vain for a little editor's note more.

"Fell off the back of an infinity truck."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, Turk? I also read that he somehow got hold of an Infinity Gem at one point. Weird.

Not Turk, The big bald dude that makes Matt's suit who had his daughter kidnapped by Fisk. Stiltman's Legs are an Easter egg in the background

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not Turk, The big bald dude that makes Matt's suit who had his daughter kidnapped by Fisk. Stiltman's Legs are an Easter egg in the background

Amusingly though Turk did actually get Stilt-Man's suit at one point in the comics. He tried to get hired by Kingpin and was laughed out of the room.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh, that's Gladiator. Melvin Potter.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can all have your Stilt-Man. It's Lady Stilt-Man that I'm looking forward to

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

theironjef posted:

It's easy to forgot how much of comic book history is defined by a publishing ethos of "shut up I'm drunk and I don't care, just poo poo something out by the end of the day, there is literally no slop too stupid for our audience of seven year olds."

You can all have your Stilt-Man. It's Lady Stilt-Man that I'm looking forward to

and then a new guy finds her old suit and we can have Mr. Lady Stilt-Man

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And we don’t need sequel bait for a movie that’ll never be made.

I feel real silly now

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1519096161470017538?s=21&t=JcTy2jHx62OEOaZ56t8b_Q

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not mentioned in the headline but Matt Reeves is also returning to write and direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I'm glad. I want my patman and this take.