Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Party Ape posted:

The US and almost every other country in the world. It's not like the US called up his 80 best buds and said 'hey, lets gently caress over Russia' collectively. In fact, China and India are still trading with them (and even Germany is still trading for poo poo it needs to survive).

Also, Iran called and kicked you in the nuts.

The way that us financial sanctions work is as a contagion. If you ever want to trade with the us again and aren't in a dominant position you have to do what they say. China is in a unique position that they are both the US's prime antagonist while also holding them over a barrel in trade.

Germany is doing ludicrously dumb poo poo constantly right now so you shouldn't look to them for an example of coherent thought. Buying a good portion of the world's existing supply of LNG freighters to use as storage tanks is the sort of lunacy you get these days though. There should be 2 LNG pipelines supplying Europe right now but due to rank foreign policy idiocy there are 2 wars and millions of displaced refugees instead while 2 countries are partially controlled by fascist death cults.

But anyway I'm sure a steep rise in energy costs is good for crypto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

cagliostr0 posted:

Rich dude pleads out to money laundering for the cartels, what is the chance he flipped and is currently selling out tether.

Beyond a certainty. He wouldn't say a word if he thought he was going to prison that isn't Club Fed.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

cagliostr0 posted:

Rich dude pleads out to money laundering for the cartels, what is the chance he flipped and is currently selling out tether.
After you've gotten the cartels mad at you everything else is just kind of a value add. Oh you also want me to flip on the kind of people who's idea of a contract hit is to hire Karl Carla to pour beans on a guy? Don't even put it in the plea deal I'll do it for a copy of the deposition tapes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

cagliostr0 posted:

Lol the dis on the ruble. It didn't fall because of people wanting cryptocurrency, it failed because the us woke up and decided that a country isn't allowed to buy or sell anything anymore, collectively or privately.
Wow, weird that the US would do that to a nation without, I dunno, some kind of blatant invasion of another sovereign body or something nuts!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
lmao a CSPAM / buttcoin crossover poster

how many "people who don't know anything about..." circles are we stacking onto the classic bitcoin venn diagram at this point?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I dunno what people think CSPAM is but Bitcoin anything is instantly and endlessly mocked there. It's Sovereign Citizen tier and for many of the same reasons.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Bitcoin: a scammer a day keeps the money away!

automated scammers as usual posted:

Wе attempt tо be the mоst transparеnt pump grоup evеr

💎 Our goal is tо achievе at lеast 200% -500% per pump.

☑ Our рumps are alwaуs Frее.

✅ Our intensiоn is that our mеmbers take рrofits!

💎 Stay with us and еnjоy the cash! Join us now

Seriously, when does this poo poo ever end? :sigh: I see these in all sorts of grift-modes constantly all over discord. Discord really needs to fix up their anti-spam tech or actually give a poo poo about fighting spam.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
It's almost like Putin threw the ruble out the window. Food and ammo have become prohibitively expensive in the Zone.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/JamesHesky/status/1490076337981345793

Lol

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

"This will all be over in a minute."

I wish.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Right-clicked and saved!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
https://web3isgoinggreat.com/?id=fidelity-plans-to-allow-people-to-put-retirement-savings-into-bitcoin

quote:

Fidelity plans to allow people to put retirement savings into Bitcoin

Financial services company Fidelity announced its intentions to allow people to put some of their retirement savings into Bitcoin in the near future, despite the Department of Labor's urgings otherwise. It is concerning to see a large financial helping to normalize the idea that cryptocurrencies are an "investment".

This will lead to many very happy pensioners, who will all be going to the moon

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Does a Toddler Need an NFT?

quote:

Does your toddler need an NFT? Zigazoo says yes. The app’s mission is to “empower kids to shape the very landscape and infrastructure of NFTs and Web3,” to help them “express themselves through art and practice essential financial literacy skills” and to allow them to grow into “tomorrow’s digital citizens.”

quote:

But though Common Sense’s review states that consumerism is “not present” on the app, it is everywhere. Every time I opened Zigazoo, I learned that I had earned more “Zigabucks,” the platform’s in-app currency, for dutifully visiting every day. Also, I was constantly prompted to care about Zigazoo’s latest NFT drop: images featuring JJ, the cartoon infant star of CoComelon.

quote:

The CoComelon NFTs were sold out before I could snag one, so I waited for the Qai Qai NFTs to drop, watching the countdown clock on the Zigazoo app for my moment to “invest.” Qai Qai’s NFTs were selling for $5.99 to $49.99 a pack, with more cash buying you a higher likelihood of acquiring not just a “common” NFT but a “rare” or “legendary” one, a distinction that went unexplained.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ok this one owns.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hammerite posted:

https://web3isgoinggreat.com/?id=fidelity-plans-to-allow-people-to-put-retirement-savings-into-bitcoin

This is the point this poo poo needs to be shut down. Ban it completely or regulate it to the point it is essentially shut down. Letting crypto have an effective interface with the real economy is not something that should be allowed to happen.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hammerite posted:

yeah this is disturbing

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 27, 2022

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hammerite posted:

Another recession/depression coming up!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

This is a great idea... if you want even more cryptocurrency to be stolen

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

There likely is already legislation linking crypto to social security written down by crypto lobbyists sitting on the desk of some dementia addled 80 year old congressperson waiting to be added into added into the next "essential must pass to keep the country running" budget reconciliation bill.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I had my retirement savings accounts on a robo investor site and once they announced a big move into crypto I moved all my poo poo out off of there because I want nothing to do with any of that nonsense.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
Ft. Worth is mining bitcoins out of city hall for some reason.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/fort-worth-becomes-first-u-s-city-to-mine-bitcoin/2951072/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my dogecoin did not appreciate in value today

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
“Basically, a group of software engineers were really frustrated that there was a notion that the government was somehow controlling currency and allowing things like the financial crisis to occur,” Mak said. “A group of software people said, you know, we’ve been playing around with this crypto-currency algorithm for a while. At the time, they did not call it a 'block chain', but they had been playing around with the software algorithm for a while.”

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Feed me your best schadposts.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

just to be clear since the only part i read is that they're going to allow 401ks on fidelity to buy bitcoin... that doesn't mean they're going to start adding it to their index fund type offerings right? its just companies w/ 401ks on fidelity?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

just to be clear since the only part i read is that they're going to allow 401ks on fidelity to buy bitcoin... that doesn't mean they're going to start adding it to their index fund type offerings right? its just companies w/ 401ks on fidelity?

A lot of IRA's and so on already allow people to buy/allocate stuff like Grayscale's offerings such as gbtc and gdlc, and Grayscale already applied to establish an ETF that 401k's could allocate into despite rejections, apparently.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/etf/grayscale-points-out-sec-s-inconsistency-in-bitcoin-stop-etf-rejections-1031380674

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Feed me your best schadposts.

lead crypto grifter Musk is currently breaking the TOS of the twitter buyout by attacking employees. LOL. he'll still end up making a shitload of money on this scam somehow, but it's funny to think of him instantly loving up his investment.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LifeSunDeath posted:

lead crypto grifter Musk is currently breaking the TOS of the twitter buyout by attacking employees. LOL. he'll still end up making a shitload of money on this scam somehow, but it's funny to think of him instantly loving up his investment.
These being collated anywhere?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Splicer posted:

These being collated anywhere?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
its free speech and the board strong-armed him into those terms

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
:tipshat:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
musk thougt it was a disparagement clause instead of a nondisparagement clause

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I like that Twitter had to cold store the code base because they knew the staff would sabotage the company in response to the buyout lol

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

cagliostr0 posted:

I like that Twitter had to cold store the code base because they knew the staff would sabotage the company in response to the buyout lol

What now? You got more on this because I want it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If Elon Musk buying it is the way we finally destroy twitter forever, then all hail my Musk overlord

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Strong Sauce posted:

I'm not sure what you're implying the difference is. Fidelity is either getting a group of people on crypto exchanges to broker crypto purchases, getting a group of people on crypto exchanges to purchase currency to underpin a security fund of some sort, or working with another bank securitizing crypto in the same way. It's all poop touching directly beamed into a web interface made to make people make bad decisions making it exceedingly easy for a random person to make very bad decisions very quickly. This poo poo is gonna get stuck into a prospectus that handily shows billion % growth since 2010 because that's technically true and 401k pretend-day-traders are gonna snap it up.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Riven posted:

What now? You got more on this because I want it.
They locked their own Github repo to stop their own devs from making unauthorised (presumably destructive) changes to it.

They also created an empty repository called “the-algorithm”, before deleting it, as a dig at Musk who said that he would make their content targeting strategy open source.

It’s all pretty lol, but at the same time you have to imagine working at Twitter means being extremely online anyway, so I don’t really know who to root for.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Durzel posted:

It’s all pretty lol, but at the same time you have to imagine working at Twitter means being extremely online anyway, so I don’t really know who to root for.

I'm just going with "they deserve each other"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

zedprime posted:

I'm not sure what you're implying the difference is. Fidelity is either getting a group of people on crypto exchanges to broker crypto purchases, getting a group of people on crypto exchanges to purchase currency to underpin a security fund of some sort, or working with another bank securitizing crypto in the same way. It's all poop touching directly beamed into a web interface made to make people make bad decisions making it exceedingly easy for a random person to make very bad decisions very quickly. This poo poo is gonna get stuck into a prospectus that handily shows billion % growth since 2010 because that's technically true and 401k pretend-day-traders are gonna snap it up.

They mean will their existing funds, for example a targeted retirement fund, include crypto assets, or will the crypto poo poo be a separate fund you have to specifically opt into by purchasing shares. Which I'm sure is unknown at this time because they haven't made the fund yet. If you have an employer based 401k for example then you don't have the choice to switch from Fidelity to say Vanguard without quitting first and becoming eligible to roll it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Durzel posted:

They locked their own Github repo to stop their own devs from making unauthorised (presumably destructive) changes to it.

They also created an empty repository called “the-algorithm”, before deleting it, as a dig at Musk who said that he would make their content targeting strategy open source.

letthemfight.gif