Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If they are going to cast Chris Pratt then it absolutely should have been live action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They are delaying because they’ve recast Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo as Mario and Luigi.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I mean he was the lead VA in the Lego Movie and that was a massive success, it makes as much sense to cast him as it does any other voice actor. It’s not like they grabbed him after the second season of Parks and Recreation, he’s a proven draw for both animation and live action

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Advanced AI and deepfake tech to bring Bob Hoskins back from the grave

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Maybe his voice unveiling will be so poorly received they'll redo it with a different person like they did with the original Sonic trailer.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Super Mario has been recast with Scarlett Johansson taking over the lead role

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Honestly Isekai would make a lot of sense for a story about two Brooklyn plumbers saving a princess from a dragon in a fantasy kingdom

They did this with Bob Hoskins and Jon Leguizamo.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I legitimately love the hot mess that is the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Sadly, there isn't enough booze in the world to resurrect Bob Hoskins to play that part again.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Morpheus posted:

Alternative would be him speaking in his Italian-esque gibberish the entire movie.

I read this, immediately thought of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and realized I would've preferred this to Chris Pratt. Charlie Day can speak Mario gibberish on command, I'm sure.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yea

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Waffle! posted:

Sadly, there isn't enough booze in the world to resurrect Bob Hoskins to play that part again.

Executive: I don't see why Chris Pratt should be the star. I think we should bring back Bob Hoskins. Kids will want to see the original Mario.

Producer: I keep telling you, he’s 79 years old and he's dead.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Actors being dead hasn’t stopped Disney, Miyamoto picked the wrong partner for this movie

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Did you hear about the casting for the new Minecraft movie?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

jason momoa as steve would honestly kinda fit though

...kinda

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Will Arnett would've worked really well for Mario.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can only hope it's based on the official novelization by Max Brooks where the protagonist spends the first half of the book freaking out over how his arms have turned into unbending featureless rectangular prisms and everything he picks up merges like a stack of cards in his pocket

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Given that this will be a illumination movie, I wonder how many characters will say fart jokes?

DK for sure.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

there's going to be a minion going "wahoo" in their loving intro card

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Morpheus posted:

Pratt's fine.

Alternative would be him speaking in his Italian-esque gibberish the entire movie.

You mean like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdwSugMuO4

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The big mistake with the Mario movie is they haven't given us the hideous rat monster Mario before they faked the delay like with Sonic. How can I appreciate the new movie more if I don't know how much worse it was when they had an alternate version? At least rip the idea off right, Nintendo.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Sakurai needs to free himself from the shackles of Kirby and Smash bros so that he can work on HAL's next big hit, an HD remake of Arcana.

Gripweed posted:

Honestly Isekai would make a lot of sense for a story about two Brooklyn plumbers saving a princess from a dragon in a fantasy kingdom

Good news! Super Mario Bros is canonically an isekai. Two dudes from Brooklyn get sent to a magical fantasy world by Truck-kun Pipe-kun.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uNCLBTje0

Who's going to remix this into dumpster juice for the official soundtrack?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just don't want to see Chris Pratt anywhere because he gives loads of money to his homophobic church and that is reason enough to hate someone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I just don't want to see Chris Pratt anywhere because he gives loads of money to his homophobic church and that is reason enough to hate someone.

Good news, you will not see him at all in the new super mario bros movie!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Willo567 posted:

Why did they decide to replace Charles Martinet for loving Chris Pratt for the movie? Mario's voice is iconic, It's not like Sonic where only the hardcore fans are going to give a poo poo about the voice

I wouldn't know who voices Mario if it weren't for this thread. 90% of his sounds are various levels of wahoo

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I can't believe Mario donates to homophobic churches and Chris Pratt was given the VO role because of all his experience. Really makes you think.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mario attacks Bowser for being gay and kidnaps Peach even though she's asexual.

He's a monster of incredible focus on all the wrong things.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PowerBeard posted:

I can't believe Mario donates to homophobic churches and Chris Pratt was given the VO role because of all his experience. Really makes you think.

If anybody in this thread thinks Mario wasn't raised Catholic then just lmao

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Mario and bowser have hosed at least once, you dont have a like 30 year old rivalry without at least once dicking down each other

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm watching somebody play Toobin and it just occurred to me it would be really fuckin wild if Nintendo put a Tengen game on their NES app

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

why is no one talking about the inclusion of that nintendo classic, scrunt, to the NES app????

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

because i dont have enough of an income to justify paying for online

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I enjoyed dq 11 and had zero interesting fights in terms of mechanics

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sonic 2 the movie forced Nintendo to delay the Mario movie in shame.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm watching somebody play Toobin and it just occurred to me it would be really fuckin wild if Nintendo put a Tengen game on their NES app

Sorry, Warner Bros owns all Midway games which means they're never going to be re-released :suicide:

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

hbag posted:

because i dont have enough of an income to justify paying for online

Look at this poor who doesn't have 27 friends or family to plan and split an annual subpar subscription service with

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I have zero impulse control... time to Kirb it up

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Never a wrong time to Kirb it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I sold my wii u to someone and I can't figure out who, but it was over a year ago and they just now made 3 purchases and I can't tell it charged to my credit card or not (doesn't seem to?) but I now have almost $60 in "Nintendo Account balance"

Do I report this or just buy myself something nice, IDK

I've changed my pws since then, but I guess I was still signed in