Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nat needs therapy.

Oh poo poo Jordan went there. "I got powers mom. You go to your room!" General Lane and Jordan did nothing wrong.

This episode needed a cyborg superman so we can complete the mini Death Of Superman theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My wife was complaining that Jordan needed a costume to hide his identity if he's doing full time superheroics. I started describing the 90s Superboy outfit with the leather jacket.

I don't know what magic happened, but Jon showing up in a modern version of that outfit at the end was amazing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This episode needed a cyborg superman so we can complete the mini Death Of Superman theme.

Too bad David Harewood is back in England.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

My wife was complaining that Jordan needed a costume to hide his identity if he's doing full time superheroics. I started describing the 90s Superboy outfit with the leather jacket.

I don't know what magic happened, but Jon showing up in a modern version of that outfit at the end was amazing.

Behind the scenes shots show that he's wearing a Superman shirt under the jacket.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tiggum posted:

Pretty sure someone in charge really wanted all the shows to be in the same world but none of the people actually making any of the shows did, so they're all just ignoring it and pretending it never happened except when there's some mandate from on-high to make some reference to it. Like that one time Diggle showed up on his completely pointless tour of the Arrowverse.

The only good that has come out of the pandemic is canceling the planned Batwoman crossover in season 1.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I agree that keeping the larger Arrowverse out of S&L is for the better but I kinda had a chuckle when literally Steel's first big act of heroism was stopping a falling plane, just like episode 1 of Supergirl. Honestly I almost expected her to show up because that plane sure seemed to be getting real close to crashing and I thought "okay this has got to be an intentional reference, I don't remember anybody announcing a guest appearance but maybe they were keeping it under wraps?"

Spacebump posted:

The only good that has come out of the pandemic is canceling the planned Batwoman crossover in season 1.

A-loving-men, what a dodged bullet

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I am less that zero familiar with Superman comics. I get that the Clark Kent alter-ego is one of the oldest and time honored suspense of disbelief around, but how did the books handle things like that modern Superboy in the leather jacket? Was he just always "powerful teenage alien" 24/7 or did he do the double life thing as well?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hatelull posted:

I am less that zero familiar with Superman comics. I get that the Clark Kent alter-ego is one of the oldest and time honored suspense of disbelief around, but how did the books handle things like that modern Superboy in the leather jacket? Was he just always "powerful teenage alien" 24/7 or did he do the double life thing as well?

Initially the clone of Superman, introduced in the Reign of the Superman crossover in 1993 had no secret identity. Roughly 5 years later he was given the Kryptonian name of "Kon-El" but was still only Superboy, no double life. It wasn't until the 2003 Teen Titans series that he adopted the "Conner Kent" persona which has mostly stuck with him despite everything Dan Didio and the New 52 tried to do to him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No new episode until April 26th? Man...

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

GreenNight posted:

No new episode until April 26th? Man...

Bitsie Tulloch said the delays are because of covid.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah I saw that, hope everyone on their crew is ok. Luckily there is a ton of good tv to watch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Initially the clone of Superman, introduced in the Reign of the Superman crossover in 1993 had no secret identity. Roughly 5 years later he was given the Kryptonian name of "Kon-El" but was still only Superboy, no double life. It wasn't until the 2003 Teen Titans series that he adopted the "Conner Kent" persona which has mostly stuck with him despite everything Dan Didio and the New 52 tried to do to him.

I had no idea Conner Kent was that Superboy. He was so hip and cool in the 90s, now he looks like he's the biggest square, probably joins local young republican organizations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blame Geoff Johns.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Rhyno posted:

Blame Geoff Johns.

I often do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I had no idea Conner Kent was that Superboy. He was so hip and cool in the 90s, now he looks like he's the biggest square, probably joins local young republican organizations.

What you don't like his costume of jeans and a plain black Superman shirt?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His best suit is the Joe Kelly revamp from the tail end of his solo series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supposedly before the end of this season we'll have some kind of crossover from Supergirl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Supposedly before the end of this season we'll have some kind of crossover from Supergirl.

Hopefully Jeremy Jordan.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Its gonna be reused footage of Calista Flockheart from an Ally McBeal episode on a TV in the background with an obnoxiously large chyron

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope it's Lex. He's here to steal 40 cakes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yay, the show's back :neckbeard:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I missed all of this season and just started on the episode that is airing now and i feel like I have missed a good season of a DC Comic book show.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Okay, that was a lot of fun! (I've missed this show so much)

Side eyeing a bit both Misti (?) and Lana leading "our good boys" into ruin. But balanced as both Lois and Christie stepped up to the plate so maybe I'm just being over sensitive...

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
President Seinfeld

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Gonz posted:

President Seinfeld

https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/status/1519154918640087041

Seeing Smallville Gazette actually have staff other than Chrissy and Lois was funny to me

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I lost it when they pulled back to reveal Bizarro Earth Cube

Also I've forgotten stuff due to the release schedule being all over the place:

-Did they ever explain why people merging with their other selves creates a super-being, or is it just taken as accepted?
-What made Bizarro-Kal slowly get all hosed up?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lamont posted:

-Did they ever explain why people merging with their other selves creates a super-being, or is it just taken as accepted?

I think it's just been accepted at this point, unless the cult's successfully pulled this off in the past.

Kryptonite withdrawal, I think? He'd been juicing with the stuff to get even more powerful, as soon as he went cold turkey he started getting messed up.

Amazing episode last night, Bizarro World was wonderfully weird.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That shot alone justified the entire season, if not the entire show.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The key to a good single-ep bizarro world/mirror verse is committing to the bit and this episode DELIVERED!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I loved the old CRT iMacs in the newsroom.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Flat Cube earth! Lots of cubes! President Seinfield, the Ute instead of a pickup, all the text is backwards. I love all these little touches.
Except for Jordan. He looks the same :v: lol everyone got a bizarro segment except Jordan.

I am here for the bizarro Kent cat.

Dang, long term use of kryptonite really fucks you up. :birddrugs:

e: I hope the costume dept had fun because their wardrobes looked good.

Lamont posted:

Was really hoping the merging would have just killed Aly turned her into a big cube

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 27, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Big fan of the goth aesthetic for bizarro Earth.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

Big fan of the goth aesthetic for bizarro Earth.

https://twitter.com/BitsieTulloch/status/1519003120906297344

More pics in the tweet chain.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Flat Cube earth! Lots of cubes! President Seinfield, the Ute instead of a pickup, all the text is backwards. I love all these little touches.
Except for Jordan. He looks the same :v: lol everyone got a bizarro segment except Jordan.

I am here for the bizarro Kent cat.

Dang, long term use of kryptonite really fucks you up. :birddrugs:

e: I hope the costume dept had fun because their wardrobes looked good.

Was really hoping the merging would have just killed Aly turned her into a big cube

I'm sure the props department had fun too. They even got a reverse colored American flag for Lane's office.

Bizarro Earth is taking the best bits of Bizarro world and Earth3 and its great

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I loved the old CRT iMacs in the newsroom.

Also people only had flip phones and CRT TVs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The clear technological divide was an excellent touch.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I can't believe everyone in Bizzaro earth joined Green Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Hah, the soundtrack to Bizarro World is a bunch of Ween songs. Appropriate.

(Yes, I know they already used at least one Ween song earlier in the season, someone on the writing/production team is clearly acquainted with the Boognish.)