Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Angular Cyrus posted:

No dates? What archive did you download, the files should be named in a creYYMMDD.gif pattern.

ohhhhhhhhh I was reading the format wrong, my b :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Edit. Wrong thread.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

lol

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which it's Tuesday, the story technically ended on Sunday, but we've still got a full week of letting the air drain out ahead of us. This poo poo's got the pacing of a first-time marathon runner who skipped a lot of cardio days.

Why did there need to be an explanation? Who was unable to sleep at night cause they don't know if Crazy Harry was having a dream or close-to-death Occurrence at Owl Creek hallucination or what? This is insulting. Just stick a "Hecho en Mexico" sticker on the goddamn helmet and enjoy your goddamn magic realism. Not everything needs to be explained right down to the last loophole.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gently caress YOU.

I know it's been said a hundred times, but I'm currently looking for work myself and if my job counselor(s) did this, I'd waste no time in looking for another counselor. Job hunting sucks as it is without a smart rear end who never has a good word to say about you.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Howard Beale posted:

Why did there need to be an explanation? Who was unable to sleep at night cause they don't know if Crazy Harry was having a dream or close-to-death Occurrence at Owl Creek hallucination or what? This is insulting. Just stick a "Hecho en Mexico" sticker on the goddamn helmet and enjoy your goddamn magic realism. Not everything needs to be explained right down to the last loophole.

Explaining everything except why a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 was on a pharmacy's spinner rack at least a decade after its original publication

Ahhhh who I am kidding, he'll get around to that in a day or two

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Smets
Nov 4, 2009

Alhazred posted:

TegneHanne

they’re watching Severance

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Smets posted:

they’re watching Severance

Lol I was just going to ask because I had a feeling it was severance. Great show btw.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

L-Innsikt

This looks like it's made with a cartoon filter and someone pulling faces at their phone.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Zits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

No Night Visitors this evening:

Monya the Grey

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Just stop hiring him.

Seriously, if he’s that unreliable you don’t have to keep getting him work. At this point he’s really making your company look bad to like half the business community.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

You Ever See A Take So Funny Online Animals You Just Go To Sleep

Government-Funded Race Science For Kickbacks

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "178 - Jucika Educates"

"179 - Jucika's Dance Ensemble"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Carcinization's everywhere. Part of you wants a claw.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

In my day job, I work at a non-profit that provides paid job rehabilitation for people with barriers to employment. Translation: every single day, I'm working alongside people who aren't easily employed for some reason, helping them get to a place where they can operate even outside our walls. There's a tremendous amount of people who need, like, literally just a $60 doohickey that lets them work fully at an average or even above-average level. We deal with people with physical disabilities, we deal with emotional problems and mental illnesses, and a huge slew of combinations or things that are hard to categorize.

Even if it weren't for the fact that I'd be fired for acting like this woman does, I've experienced personally and repeatedly how much people who are almost completely deaf can work in a call center, among similar types of success stories. "You are too worthless to be good at literally anything" is rather offensive to me as a punchline.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Some gold has appeared in Some Guy TT's QCS thread about getting the 2020 thread out of Far Side purgatory:

:eyepop:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Sorry for the erratic posting schedule, folks; life keeps intervening.

Outbursts of Everett True May 2, 1919

And He Did! May 14, 1919

Cat Tales April 13, 1925

Oaky Doaks October 12, 1936

Mopsy December 20, 1937

Up Front March 29, 1945

Bootsie’s Big ‘50s

So It Seems July 1, 1952

Those Were the Days April 14, 1960

Wee Pals July 4, 1966

Dogbert March 27, 1967

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (November 14-16, 1921)

Toonerville Folks (February 10-12, 1919)

Dok's Dippy League of Women Voters (February 2, 1914)

Little Lefty (June 15-17, 1936)

Blondie (From Zero) (December 21-23, 1931)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

JethroMcB posted:

When my grandfather went in for an in-clinic sleep study they woke him up after like an hour and said "You gotta go home, you can't sleep here because we're worried you'll die and we can't be liable for that"

Anyhow very excited to get my upcoming home sleep study done so I can get the C-PAP that I've definitely needed for 15 years at this point.

That happened to me in 1996. There was a box the size of a 4-slice toaster next to the bed with wires at one end & a ribbed hose at the other. The tech said that it was a CPAP unit. After getting wired up with about 20-sensors & looking more like Plant-Man with all this crap hanging offf, I tried to sleep.

Some time later, the lights came on & the tech was putting a mask on me. I don't remember anything after that until she woke me (with some difficulty) 3-hours later.

She explained that the CPAP was never used, but between my waking up 90-times an hour and my O2 saturation dropping to 55%, she masked me up. Best sleep I ever had. It was a nervous six weeks before getting my first CPAP & I've used one ever since.

For the love of god, don't put off getting one if you even think that you have sleep apnea. Get tested. The ongoing major organ damage will probably kill you. It was likely a factor in my father's death at 61, and killed John Candy, and prboably many others, as hardly anyone knew what it was in 1995.

I would fall asleep every day driving to work, and driving home from work. Woke up once, passing a gasoline tanker on the freeway. It's a miracle I'm still here.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Also there's a shortage of units due to logistical problems, a mass recall of one of the most prominent brands having a "foam particles in your lungs" problem and capitalism so if you think you have sleep apnea, there's like a multi-month backlog on getting them, so at least get your test done ASAP, no time like the present.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Big Nate Year 1 (Mar 30-31, 1991)

You were so close to doing something nice, Nate.

Old School Peanuts (Jul 8, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 10-11, 1991)

No Blind Alley today

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Slammy posted:

Bootsie’s Big ‘50s

The Courier's gotta be getting real tired of Bootsie's bullshit by now

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Slammy posted:

Bootsie’s Big ‘50s

Holy moly, Lady.

In today's Blueberry: More chaos reigns, or Pinkertons? Being the good guys? Evidently the propaganda of Dashiell Hammett had reached even Belgium..., or Blueberry gets some respite

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Li'l Rie with her hat and butterfly net :3:

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Howard Beale posted:

So, here's the thing you're missing: the magical helmet isn't a new thing, it and the 'Eliminator' were around during the strip's early, more whimsical days. Explaining that the helmet is actually just a completely mundane if potentially carcinogenic item is vital, not to wrapping up this particular story, but to eliminating yet another reminder of the time when Funky Winkerbean wasn't just an eternal display of misery.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom (Smitty / Terry double double feature)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pruni

Rhymes with Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

Get Fuzzy 4/26/02

Brenda Starr 8/16-18/48

Smokey Stover 7/27/47

Everyday Movies 2/1/35

"That's a pretty dark-looking room they're giving me -- boy, what time does the sun get around here?"
" 'Bout March."

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 20, 2000)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Guindon

Gahan

Trying to give this a slightly different spin:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The rare Fingerpori that doesn't need translation.

Surströmming is fermented Baltic Sea herring that famously smells awful and nobody knows how it tastes because nobody has ever gotten further than opening a can and throwing up.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Dec. 17, 1950)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver Spring Special

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

We last saw Lottie’s smiley purple wheely case in Author Unknown. Its appearance indicates, without question, that she means business.

First, I'm glad to see Pepper the dog in the first panel there. I was worried since with hadn't seen him in this comic yet.

Second, regarding Karen worrying about Lottie, I think it less about Lottie's career/financial situation and more that Lottie's current behavior (working a regular job) is unusual for her. Lottie always made it clear that she was devoted to solving mysteries, so to seemingly give that up makes Karen worried.

Finally we're halfway though this comic and we're only just now starting to get into the plot. Turns out that this will be part one, with part two being released latter. As per Allison's Twitter;

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days April 14, 1960

Make up your mind, Beeman. Are taxes completely overbearing these days, or are they nothing at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I really like reading classic A&J alongside modern A&J, it is probably the best example of letting the strip age naturally and gracefully.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis