Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Arbys rocks. Might try the fish sando tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
As soon as I clock out at 1215 cst I am driving thirty minutes to the nearest Arby’s next two over. Then I’m going eat in my truck in the parking lot like the sad middle aged bachelor I am.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Marsupial Ape posted:

As soon as I clock out at 1215 cst I am driving thirty minutes to the nearest Arby’s next two over. Then I’m going eat in my truck in the parking lot like the sad middle aged bachelor I am.

I am underwhelmed. Fries are cold. 2 forks. I expect better out of this particular Arby’s.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Heather Anne Campbell also pops up on Key & Peele here and there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM&ab_channel=ComedyCentral

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
heather said she doesn't like puzzles in games and that hosed me up for a while

I don't even get it. How do you not like puzzles in games?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what kind of puzzle

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I get pissed every time I see a Tower of Hanoi puzzle even though it's almost muscle memory now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

indigi posted:

what kind of puzzle

All of them. Blanket puzzle dislike.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Maybe she's bad at puzzles.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

What I don’t get is that she’s cool with boss fights in games and those are frequently just puzzles.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Maybe she's bad at puzzles.

She took it as a Disadvantage to put more points in her melee stat.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Casey Finnigan posted:

As a person of similar age and nerdy upbringing as me, it is definitely her most perplexing opinion. What was PC gaming of the late 80s/early 90s if not mostly puzzles!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doug Jones should be a hypnotist. My god.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

indigi posted:

Doug Jones should be a hypnotist. My god.

drat. while I'm sure he's great too I was hoping for Abe Sapian / Pale Man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Analytic Engine posted:

drat. while I'm sure he's great too I was hoping for Abe Sapian / Pale Man

Today on The Doughboys, we have Mr. Saru to review different seaweed soups

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Today on The Doughboys, we have Mr. Saru to review different seaweed soups

Mac Tonight, talking MacDonalds with 'boys, tonight? would have been next-level podcasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClksIvHsYcc

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Doug Jones was Mac Tonight?? :aaa:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Binowru posted:

Heather Anne Campbell also pops up on Key & Peele here and there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM&ab_channel=ComedyCentral

I bet she wrote the part with her character's "contribution", drat

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
As a North Carolinian I’m livid their first bojangles review happened in loving Nashville.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

0konner posted:

As a North Carolinian I’m livid their first bojangles review happened in loving Nashville.

Mitch always says "People are gonna get mad at us!" for the most trivial stuff...but this is the first time I am genuinely mad at them.

Well, second time, I was pretty upset at his blanket dismissal of Jimmy John's as a chain in Munch Madness this year.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I laughed at Wiger calling Mountain Dew: Southern Shock a "great varietal"

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

0konner posted:

As someone from Nashville I'm mad they came here to review Bojangles, there's a bunch of local chains they could have picked from

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

eke out posted:

I laughed at Wiger calling Mountain Dew: Southern Shock a "great varietal"

didn't Chris Gethard explain to them the value of real-sugar no-HFCS soda? seems like an obvious thing Nick would ignore (for comedy or because he's goony), like arguing over the best flavor of Mad Dog when a box of Franzia is better in every way. god drat I love their commitment to nerd arguments regardless of wether anything is "important"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

the best flavor of Mad Dog when a box of Franzia is better in every way

:wrong:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

haha, it always comes down to nerd arguments over "objective quality" huh

when I was at 12 drinks/day I had strong opinions on the best flavor of Mike's Fruity 12% Malt Liquour to mix with seltzer

(it goes lemon > blue > watermelon > grape)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Franzia is just the only thing that gives me hangovers that cause actual suffering. Anything else I’m good with a Motrin and a tums in the morning

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

indigi posted:

Franzia is just the only thing that gives me hangovers that cause actual suffering. Anything else I’m good with a Motrin and a tums in the morning

I found it helps to dump a couple of 7-11's free coffee shots into a 40 for beer, or take uppers with wine/liquor. Emetrol is the one OTC medicine that actually seems to help with the puking-dehydration-water-puking cycle

Doughboys could have Gabrus on for an episode entirely about weed+food/wine pairings. He's mentioned it on High & Mighty and I know jack poo poo about the topic despite getting really into edibles

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Analytic Engine posted:

I found it helps to dump a couple of 7-11's free coffee shots into a 40 for beer, or take uppers with wine/liquor. Emetrol is the one OTC medicine that actually seems to help with the puking-dehydration-water-puking cycle

I imagine your liver is a sickly shade of green with mildew splotches all over it

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

I imagine your liver is a sickly shade of green with mildew splotches all over it

you'd think so, and I thought so, but I found it pretty easy to do a full Dry January using edibles. Zero physical symptoms beyond insomnia (which existed before the booze)

Edit: I know you're joking around, but that's the kind of mindset industry assholes have when judging Mitch/Gabrus for being "too fat to play a fat guy" since TV fat is what "good people who overeat" look like. These "monsters" (a pretty sad term Gabrus and Mitch have internalized) must be deviant to weigh 300lbs and eat & drink so much

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 29, 2022

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Mitch is ashamed to talk to doctors because he rightfully knows they'll prescribe "diet and exercise, fewer calories in than out" while cruelly chuckling to themselves

obviously I had to stop drinking like that or I would have eventually died, but the moral judgement seemed a little less "legitimate" when I stopped cold turkey with no physical side effects. of course I was still depressed AF, but that was helped by friends and family and self-confidence. strangely enough, I didn't value those three as much when I was drowning myself while seeing therapists and psychiatrists

Edit: Wiger had the same diet when he was a game programmer (something he always downplays as uncool), and I bootstrapped myself into a computer janitor position while drinking that disgusting concoction

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 29, 2022

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Wiger is right: The Neptune movement is good!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

(I'm not gonna post for a while because this is not the Analytic Engine thread. I felt compelled to dump that "wall of text" because the objectively best episodes of Doughboys / Action Boyz / YKS / etc are when these actually-funny-people are either living their best lives obsessing over nerd stuff, or calling out the horseshit in their industry)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

Wiger is right: The Neptune movement is good!

Jupiter is better imo. Venus kind of sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

(I'm not gonna post for a while because this is not the Analytic Engine thread. I felt compelled to dump that "wall of text" because the objectively best episodes of Doughboys / Action Boyz / YKS / etc are when these actually-funny-people are either living their best lives obsessing over nerd stuff, or calling out the horseshit in their industry)

now I have my wall of text

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

indigi posted:

now I have my wall of text

they're goons

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

buy Stone an account

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

they are thieves

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I have an extra ticket for each Boston show this Saturday if anyone is interested.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

One of my girlfirend's coworkers has covid and now we gotta skip the Boston early show. loving ticketmaster isn't offering resale for "select shows" including this one. So now I gotta post here and say that if you venmo me $30 I'll transfer you two tickets to Doughboys 7:00 in Boston. If I don't get a reply soon I'll have to *shudder* make a reddit account and post about this there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m on Mitch’s side here