Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Oh great it's the most cringey round of the AFL again.

https://twitter.com/Lozzemarine/status/1517290176661585920

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z8KM70pg0o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Exactly the video I was hoping for

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

cmndstab posted:

The AFL has form in contriving MRP outcomes to protect the top echelon of players and this is yet another example.

Not sure that's it given Cotchin has been garbage for years now.

I think it's more that we are in this weird space where the rules and interpretations are being thrown around to see what sticks and makes the game better, and honestly while the footy has been pretty good, seems like that preoccupation has meant that head office has forgotten that if you try and put your studs in to someone you should be suspended for being an absolute oval office.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Coming up to Canberra for the game tonight, and being back in the house I grew up in is a total trip.

I remember being like any footy obsessed kid and playing out fantasies of bringing my team glory off my own boot. But being from a non-footy state, it felt especially far fetched.

Fast forward a couple decades to today, a kid from the next suburb over is the captain of the St. Kilda Football Club.

What I'm saying is: up you fucken Sainters

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
That was a game and I am cold. So very cold.

Battle good.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 22, 2022

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Adelaide good?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gee, maybe Crouch shouldn't have kicked it out of bounds on the full with less than a minute left on the clock while the Crows were trying to kill the game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Adelaide have played 6 matches this year and 4 have been decided by less than a goal

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Spoonbowl in round 6

We are truly blessed

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm surprised we even put up 20 so far.

Adam Simpson is surely gone soon, it's just the same lacklustre bullshit week in week out.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

I'm surprised we even put up 20 so far.

Adam Simpson is surely gone soon, it's just the same lacklustre bullshit week in week out.

Yeah, its been pretty dire.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It also makes me wonder how much of 2018 was down to Sam Mitchell - he's doing a job with the Hawks at the moment and a lot of the recounts of that season say that Sam was a big reason why we got to the Grannie in the first place being the mids coach. Ever since he left it's been an absolute clusterfuck and stinks of that 2015 grand final all over again where there is just no plan whatsoever. I think Simpson is (already or) starting to become the crux of the problem. It's not like the majority of this list can't play - we do have some old timers that will probably need to be traded (Yeo, seriously, 3 years of doing nothing and just constantly injured, then when on ground is average at best)

It's time to pull the plug and refresh the coaching box and list - rebuild time is now.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Eagles have played 41 players in the first 6 rounds this year

Maybe it's ok for West Coast to be bad every now and again

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The point is, even with senior players coming back in, like last week we had a pretty full list, they still play like absolute dogshit and you can see the crap that's been coached in - there's no run and carry, there's no quick movement - it's all based on Simmo's usual kick it long and try to mark on the boundary 1 size fits all gameplan. That's the problem here. I think he's lost the players too because they can see it doesn't loving work. Just by nature as well we're carrying a lot of olds which needs to be addressed anyway before it becomes a problem.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

Maybe it's ok for West Coast to be bad every now and again

I do find it funny when supporters of teams who have had quite a long period of prolonged success lose their minds over a few bad years. Long may they never know what 15+ years like that feels like

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Bad for a season? Rip it out, root and stem

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Are you guys seriously trying to suggest to me that we don't actually need to do something about the ageing list? lmfao

loving clowns in here.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Are you guys seriously trying to suggest to me that we don't actually need to do something about the ageing list? lmfao

loving clowns in here.

Nah, its good and normal to lose by *checks notes* nearly 100 points to a team that has won 0 games this year before today.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

loving clowns in here.

What are you gonna do about the ageing list at round 6 mate?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Its definitely an aging list but I mean, thats just something most teams go through. And most teams have a few years where its like "drat we're poo poo" ... but its just weird seeing supporters act like the club is falling apart at the seams. Like, theres been maybe 9-10 years in total since WC's existence where they haven't made finals .. they've been drat near the most consistent team of the last 30 years or so. I dunno, just weird to see people be like "this poo poo happens week in week out, sick of it!"

thepokey fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 23, 2022

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I think West Coast made a decision to commit to the older guys heading into the season and see what they get out of it.

Obviously they've been the hardest hit club by COVID this year which has destabilized them massively but unlucky injuries such as Oscar Allen going down has hurt too.

If you play the kids you lose a lot of games. They've been forced to play the kids. They're losing a lot of games. I don't think there's much more to their situation tbh.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

It's the phoning it in that bothers me. I can deal with players being poo poo, but at least put in the effort.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
freo players bring an impressive amount of pressure, would have been good to watch if it wasn't against my team.

good to see the saints and dockers doing well and looking good doing well. avoided their games during the lyon era.

blues for the flag

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
:siren:EDDIEBETTS:siren:

https://www.twitter.com/7AFL/status/1517826063627603968

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Keen to see how Dunstan goes tonight in his Dees debut

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Melbourne don't know their main eggs from their side eggs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Not many games one team has kicked 12 more behinds than the opposition

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
The final margin was 22 points. That's why they had to kick so many

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

Keen to see how Dunstan goes tonight in his Dees debut

:itwaspoo:

well it wasn't that bad but I have high standard now

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
ANZAC Inaccuracy Round

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

monolithburger posted:

ANZAC Inaccuracy Round

Freo kicked more goals than points this round, always against the grain

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
The gently caress, Hawthorn?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
This turnaround by Sydney is insane.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Callum Mills! What a game that was.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Erin Phillips is the first player signed to Port Adelaide AFLW. It sounds like this was always going to happen but I can't imagine Crows supporters would resent her after 3 premierships.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Testekill posted:

Erin Phillips is the first player signed to Port Adelaide AFLW. It sounds like this was always going to happen but I can't imagine Crows supporters would resent her after 3 premierships.

I'm sure some will because sports fans are trash.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I've seen a couple of fans resenting her for it, but most of them are just thankful for all she did for the Crows. We wouldn't have gotten near the 2017 premiership without her, there's an argument that we wouldn't have made the grand final in 2019 without some of her individual performances (she was either BOG or second best in every match she played that year), and she's been a big part of setting the standards for our side since she arrived.

I certainly don't begrudge her at all. I've always had massive respect for the way Greg Phillips embraced the Crows while Erin was there. When you consider the Greg Phillips is as big of a Port legend as there could possibly be, for him to pull on the Crows jumper and sit in the stands and sing the song because his daughter was playing for us really showed his class. She grew up loving Port, there's photos of her holding various premiership cups as a kid with her Dad. It seems only fitting that she will get to wear the same jumper and play at the same home ground that he did.

That being said, it does also soften the blow that she will be 37 by the time next season starts. She spent a decade playing basketball at the highest levels and did her ACL only three years ago. Realistically we were lucky to get as many years out of her as we did. We were going to lose her within a couple of seasons either way. Let her go to Port where they can base their entire marketing campaign around her.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 27, 2022

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
hopefully she takes a few crows players with her

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Crows fans discovering the concept of competing with other clubs for players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

quote:

IF ...

I was running Richmond ...

THEN ...

I'd be playing Dusty on Friday night against the Eagles. Yes, he's very underdone. But he's Dusty. And the Tigers can't afford another loss.
Tigers are playing one of two teams (the other is North) where I doubt they need the extra help.