Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

i married the most insane woman in town

and yet you didn't marry the lady who constantly shouts RAINBOW or the one who only speaks in opposites or the one who tries to design dresses out of cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1519304721080766465?s=20&t=ap4EkZBEan7N-oUM0dM6UA

Wow, more ads with less money going to the streamer. Great changes.

it'll encourage you more to sub to the content creators you enjoy !

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey everybody how are you doing today?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

How ironic. .. AMERICAN McGee and yet he's living in known un-American nation, china

More like Chinese McGee

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm tired op.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just watch edited Twitch clips on Youtube like everyone else.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Saint Freak posted:

I watch twitch streams of people watching YouTube videos instead

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1519304721080766465?s=20&t=ap4EkZBEan7N-oUM0dM6UA

Every time they make a change the ads get longer, crash more frequently and start over when you are forced to refresh. Awful, atrocious company

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Every time they make a change the ads get longer, crash more frequently and start over when you are forced to refresh. Awful, atrocious company

Yeah it's Amazon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Go to sleep

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

i literally cannot imagine watching twitch without the alternate player, it's such a loving miserably programmed pile of garbage

still remember when i tried using their desktop app before i found out about the alt player and one of the ads tripped windows defender. cool software!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

not sure where the 50% split is coming from, that has always been there at Twitch. The rest sounds really bad. The 50% split is still terrible though.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 27, 2022

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im gonna go see sonic 2 today

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

My knee decided it hates me again, and it suuuuuucks. Also I have to go back to work today, though lucky for me I actually do like my job, so it’s more that I wish I could be lazy and do nothing than something to be totally miserable over.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I said come in! posted:

not sure where the 50% split is coming from, that has always been there at Twitch. The rest sounds really bad. The 50% split is still terrible though.

There's a special class of partner that gets "the good cut" and this would presumably remove that class

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he had the worst doom levels anyway

Finally, someone says it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX posted:

There's a special class of partner that gets "the good cut" and this would presumably remove that class

That's what I was thinking of after I posted that. Yeah I think you're right. That would be a lovely change that would drive away a lot of content creators because creators have been trying to for three years to get Twitch to response to the revenue split issue. My revenue split as an affiliate streamer is even worse. This is what my payout balance looks like :v:

Maybe someday i'll be one of those streamers that sees that number be a whole bunch more 0's, but it is not this day.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

im gonna go see sonic 2 today

hell yeah, i saw it for a second time yesterday and it was still great if not better

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

and yet you didn't marry the lady who constantly shouts RAINBOW or the one who only speaks in opposites or the one who tries to design dresses out of cookies

Pia is more insane than them but I'll admit it's still competition

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do they go to the different zones in the sonic movies or is it all just on boring earth

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Do they go to the different zones in the sonic movies or is it all just on boring earth

2 starts on mushroom hill planet, siberia acts as a stand-in for ice cap, and labyrinth zone is pretty prominently featured

1 is mostly a road trip movie but the climax has sonic running through different parts of the world like the great wall and the pyramids

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1873030/Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory/

:prepop:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe is very good

Got a hearty chuckle at the horror of the Steam Reviews

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

Going to my third interview, I am hoping I get a contract/perm position after this one. The last two were zoom meetings and this one is onsite.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

RBA Starblade posted:

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe is very good

Got a hearty chuckle at the horror of the Steam Reviews

They changed the touch grass cheevo to be 10 years instead of 5 😈

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would like to try this

https://twitter.com/DisneyDLV/status/1519348100212658176

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

starDuey valley

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/WanderingBlazingClintSwiftRage

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Going to my third interview, I am hoping I get a contract/perm position after this one. The last two were zoom meetings and this one is onsite.

What dumb company needs more than 1 interview

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

3 interviews is pretty standard now. Complete waste of time for everyone involved, and then the employer ghosts you when they inevitably hire the person related to one of the managers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Three one-hour interviews plus an online personality test plus submit your resume but also type all your resume information again into an online form plus hey wait where are you going

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Getting multiple eyes on someone is a good thing. There's a lot of managers terrible at hiring, so multiple people looking people over for a position is a good idea.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The personality test poo poo is a total waste of time

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

Videogame companies :v

when I did retail it was one.

But yeah for mines it went: HR to QA Lead to HM and QA lead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There is unfortunately no known way to have multiple interviewers address an interviewee at once.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God I remember before Covid I sometimes I had 5 of them asking me questions and the interview was like 3 hours.

And I didn't get the job. :v:

yall ask why I go thru this? I just love QA. :v: even if uh the videogame industry can be 50/50 with that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've never had more than one full interview for a job. I guess I had a phone interview before a real one but that was more of a basic chat. Seems like an idiot process for terrible employers and a red flag you should run from.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my favorite is when they make you wait multiple weeks for an interview, and then they didn't list their requirements right or they just cancel the whole position at the last minute

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dying broke and homeless getting more and more appealing by the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sonic 2: good!