Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at selling your console and not wiping your data

Nintendo Switch - You need to wipe better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I've fallen down the Vampire Survivors hole on Steam, and this game is gonna be amazing on Switch.

Check it out, its only 3 bucks. Trust me

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Nintendo Switch - You need to wipe better

That'd be more of a WiiU thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'd love a second Wii U, but I'm not willing to pay more than $150 for the complete system since I already have one. Oh well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alan_Shore posted:

I've fallen down the Vampire Survivors hole on Steam, and this game is gonna be amazing on Switch.

The game that inspired it is on Android (maybe iOS?) And called magic survivors

Edit: and it's free

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alan_Shore posted:

Constant updates as well.

Every time I launch Steam and see I no longer have 100% achievements in Vampire Survivors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qju6V1jLM

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Alan_Shore posted:

As someone who doesn't care much for Rogue-lites/lose-everything-on-death games, Samurai Bringers is currently on Switch and it's very fun on the PC, where I tried it. I'm worried about the camera though because that's one of my issues right now. Still, if you like anything actiony, try that. You lose loot but you're continually gaining stamina, attacks/properties-by-way-of-loot, and templates when you destroy randomly spawning Brave Generals. It's great.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Thunder Bear posted:

This is almost exactly where I'm at with Triangle Strategy, except it's Best Buy instead of Target and I can't decide between TS and Kirby.

I had that credit saved for Advance Wars, which I still have my heart set on but the credit expires next month so... :ohdear:

My thought is Kirby seems more likely to be on sale on Black Friday than Triangle Strategy, and it's longer right? Seems like a perfect summer game and maybe the only game that can knock ER off of GOTY.

(I also want 13 sentinels on switch).

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Motto posted:

SMT feels pretty simple at this point, if only due to 3-5 all having such similar mechanics and optimal builds.

It's actually much simpler than Pokémon. SMT is just obsfucated and hard. Why you people want is hard Pokémon, in which Team Rocket contemplates how every concept of heaven is an idiosyncratic nightmare in practice.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Bug Squash posted:

It's actually much simpler than Pokémon. SMT is just obsfucated and hard. Why you people want is hard Pokémon, in which Team Rocket contemplates how every concept of heaven is an idiosyncratic nightmare in practice.

Actually what i want is etrian odyssey. Nothing is simpler than pokemon sword/shield.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Alan_Shore posted:

I've been addicted the same way. I didn't know it was coming to Switch. DeathState is another auto-shooter dodge 'em up that's pretty fun with a :cthulhu: vibe.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That'd be more of a WiiU thing.

Take it to the Wii U megathread, buddy

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

triangle strategy is fine but kirby is GOTY. always play kirby.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Morter posted:

Recently saw a stream where someone was playing SA2 and despite not having heard the Chao Garden song in well over a decade, it hit me like a brick and I hummed the whole hting.

Was not ready for that nostalgia.

Oh wow, :same:

The evil Chao Garden song was even better. :devil:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Takoluka posted:

https://twitter.com/vyxel_/status/1519167007874334722

Sonic fans will never reach a consensus on anything.

Honing in 2D Sonic is a terrible idea. The whole reason behind it was to make it easy to aim in 3D.

The time for a standalone Chao Garden has sadly passed, as it would today be a shameless F2P gacha cash in.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

LionArcher posted:

Me: between Elden Ring, and all these other great ps4/5 games in my backlog, I really don't need to buy any more switch games till sales around Black Friday. Also me, seeing triangle strategy love, realizing FFT is one of my favorite games of all time and that I have a gift card to Target for almost half the cost... "Guess I'll be picking it up this weekend."

Buy it. It's incredible.

e: currently playing NG+ at 40 hours in and trying some of the story branches, and kitting up some of my unused guys

with 100% sincerity if FFT is one of your GOATs then buy TS asap, you can say angry words at me later if I'm wrong, but I won't be

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 27, 2022

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Barreft posted:

Buy it. It's incredible.

e: currently playing NG+ at 40 hours in and trying some of the story branches, and kitting up some of my unused guys

with 100% sincerity if FFT is one of your GOATs then buy TS asap, you can say angry words at me later if I'm wrong, but I won't be

Fine! As soon as I head to Target this weekend I'll pick it up. (I believe you.)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really don't like that Hyrule Warriors has missions where you have to beat up the fairies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gripweed posted:

I really don't like that Hyrule Warriors has missions where you have to beat up the fairies

You have to assert dominance if you plan to confine them in an airtight jar for eternity.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mister Facetious posted:

You have to assert dominance if you plan to confine them in an airtight jar for eternity.

I am not planning on doing that? I'm talking about the glamorous giant women from BotW. If the other Hyrule Warriors has different fairies that you do your stuff to, I don't know about that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If the fairies in other Zelda games aren't enormous women that just strengthens my position that BotW is the best Zelda

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gripweed posted:

I am not planning on doing that? I'm talking about the glamorous giant women from BotW. If the other Hyrule Warriors has different fairies that you do your stuff to, I don't know about that.

.. oh yeah you're playing AOC lol. original HW had some beating tiny fairies and capturing them

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It also had the Great Fairy weapon for Link, where the Fairy put Link in a bottle.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Barreft posted:

Buy it. It's incredible.

Triangle Strategy isn't as much like FFT as I was expecting as there's not a lot of customization when it comes to your party and no job system but I think I actually like having the unique characters with their own abilities and stories much better than FFT anyway. Game rocks.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My lite's d-pad has now started randomly confusing up with down but down still works correctly :v:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Willo567 posted:

I'm waiting for Vanillaware to port Odin Sphere to Switch

it's not odin sphere but keep an eye out for this game Eastern Exorcist which is out on PC and supposed to be released on Switch in the future, it is a chinese mythology inspired homage to other noted Vanillaware game Muramasa
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256843173/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1626427735
I played it recently and it's a solid 8/10 muramasa clone imo, but kinda short

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 28, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

If the fairies in other Zelda games aren't enormous women that just strengthens my position that BotW is the best Zelda

There are Fairies (tiny, put in jars) and Great (Giant, horrifying laughs, will torment Link until he weeps.)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Fuckin newb

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Commander Keene posted:

It also had the Great Fairy weapon for Link, where the Fairy put Link in a bottle.

gently caress I bought the wrong game

that is very good

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Gripweed posted:

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the first time they got this look... and really the last time until BotW brought it back.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Odd Wilson posted:

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the first time they got this look... and really the last time until BotW brought it back.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Oh, right, drat. OoT and MM in the 3D era, I guess.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Gripweed posted:

gently caress I bought the wrong game

that is very good

this better not awaken something in me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the fairies are scary

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

There's a straight line from the OoT fairies to Lady Dimitrescu

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Don't be gross.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the fairies are scary
There's gotta be a Polygon article out there about the rapey vibes when a great fairy upgrades your gear in BOTW.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Walla posted:

Don't be gross.

We haven't even discussed where the jar goes yet?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

There's gotta be a Polygon article out there about the rapey vibes when a great fairy upgrades your gear in BOTW.

i would not read that article personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

lunar detritus posted:

There's a straight line from the OoT fairies to Lady Dimitrescu

You beat me to it, I was gonna say "Now someone do a version with Lady D and Ethan" regarding the bottle image.