Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Taking bets on what the next fan outrage is after the vaunted road map is finally in hand. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

lurksion posted:

Grand cannons are ridiculously good. They seem to be more accurate than many other siege pieces for some reason?

Especially with a few ranks on them. My three gold ranked grand cannons was a godsend(dragonsend?emperorsend?) against Greasus's stonehorns and different charios/flamers/soul grinders etc. I was struggling at first with Cathay after a Slaanesh campaign but I think it is because the AI is much more aggressive in trying to get to your ranged units now and I was spacing them to close to the frontline combined with having to few units for the front(In TW2 I usuallt got away with 5 front line units, here I feel more comfortable with 6-7). That and changing my magic focus from damage spells to buffs/debuffs have done wonders for my battles.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Taking bets on what the next fan outrage is after the vaunted road map is finally in hand. :allears:

"Next: immortal empires!
expected date: when it's ready"

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

40k X-com is dropping in a week should bring me straight into immortal empires or possibly the game is dead forever either of these is possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tt8bFofGEg

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Oh yeah i followed this but it just got so boring doing the same thing over and over again because unit selection was such poo poo. I made a 2nd army and without a soulgrinder or kugath i was forced to waddle my GUCO to cast spells to try and get the enemy to charge me. The majority of my army was plague bearers and nurglings just because i couldn't afford anything else. The heroes were trash and didn't offer any uniqueness--i was literally skipping spells and just going down the combat tree because i had so many redundant spell casters. Imagine recruiting an empire wizard to be a melee hero because you had nothing else hahaha.

My modded cathay campaign is going really well though, they're fun to play without all this rift race BS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Twigand Berries posted:

40k X-com is dropping in a week should bring me straight into immortal empires or possibly the game is dead forever either of these is possible

Dont forget there is also Warhammer 40K Battlesector, they just added necron DLC too.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
I’m having issues with command delay in the realm of chaos domination battles. I don’t meant the units not responding to orders immediately - that always happened - but rather commands not registering on the UI for a second or so. The movement arrows don’t show up immediately, everything feels really sluggish. It does also mean my dudes aren’t shooting when they’re supposed to - like, at all, they just stand there indefinitely. Sucks because I was really enjoying this Cathay campaign and I’m just auto resolving those fights instead.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Doomykins posted:

Bored Daemon Yacht Club

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Plogres, m'lord

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

it's just a cold

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Plogres, m'lord

Ah yes, Chaos versions of one of the two species in the setting that are nearly immune to Chaos mutation

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Kaza42 posted:

Ah yes, Chaos versions of one of the two species in the setting that are nearly immune to Chaos mutation

plague ogres exist in warhammer

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kaza42 posted:

Chaos Ogres exist, Orges may be resistant to Chaos corruption but they're also amoral bastards who are perfectly happy to fight alongside actual daemons from hell if it means a steady supply of food. Plus they aren't totally immune and still manifest mutations. They also dont have a cultural stigma around mutations and view extra limbs as a bonus.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Honestly there are a lot of chaos-resistant/immune folks running around in Warhammer and Games Workshop has gone back and forth a lot on what that means over the decades.

Like right now the current lore is that Greenskins are completely immune because of their weird biology and religion but in older editions you had Khorne-Boys and other Chaos Orcs.

Dwarves are pretty resistant to Chaos but you, of course, have Chorfs.

Undead got set up in more recent editions to be sort of static and immune to chaos due to that.

Despite heavy chaos worship we almost never see mutated elves because...?

And then of course you have the Lizardmen as an anti-Chaos weapon, Ogres+Halflings as another anti-Chaos weapon.

Then you have everyone who gets corrupted at the drop of a hat like dogs, humans, dragons, trolls, Fimir etc.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah of those I'd say only undead are actually chaos immune, since you can't really mutate whats dead.

Lizardmen would probably kill themselves or be voluntarily executed before actually mutating significantly, as would most dwarfs (Chaos dwarfs excluded maybe, I don't know their lore very well.)

I've never seen elves actually part of a chaos army, only using some chaos stuff for their own ends and then still keeping it a bit at arms length. Maybe they have magics that can undo chaos corruption, who knows.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The chaos gods represent universal impulses taken to extremes, but also every non-human race we meet just so happens to be one of the few with a psyche that makes them uniquely resistant to corruption and mutation.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Chaos god of good eats

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Twigand Berries posted:

Let me know when someone mods the guns to not sound like wet farts.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

There's a small lore blurb about ogre man eaters fighting along side a chaos band for a campaign, they started out just looking like them cause that's there thing then they started getting more chaos tainted stuff and went full chaos at the end. The moral of the story was no one's immune to chaos.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arghy posted:

There's a small lore blurb about ogre man eaters fighting along side a chaos band for a campaign, they started out just looking like them cause that's there thing then they started getting more chaos tainted stuff and went full chaos at the end. The moral of the story was no one's immune to chaos.

ok hush children sleepy time now

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Even you, Arghy?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Gamers are all Nurgle's children

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Chaos is an all-consuming universal force that feeds off of life's most primal drives, but also every nonhuman race has a unique psyche that protects them from corruption and mutation.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr Christmas posted:

Chaos is an all-consuming universal force that feeds off of life's most primal drives, but also every nonhuman race has a unique psyche that protects them from corruption and mutation.

Hey, Skaven mutate even more than humans while gleefully sucking down warp cocaine.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

In Bretonnia, only the peasants mutate

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In Fantasy Roleplay 4e Elves are immune to physical Chaos Corruption, but not mental.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal

Doomykins posted:

Blood DLC not being FLC followed by the Blood DLC causing performance issues like combat animations causing your PC to explode or some poo poo

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Doomykins posted:

with CA's seemingly endless talent for stepping on rakes, it'll be either (a) set a deadline for IE that they miss, or (b) set a deadline for IE being nothing more than "when its done"

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
That's right, the next fan outrage will be CA giving out a roadmap and then being held to it like it was a demonic contract, and it'll be their fault

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

toasterwarrior posted:

That's right, the next fan outrage will be CA giving out a roadmap and then being held to it like it was a demonic contract, and it'll be their fault

"THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAID YOU WOULD RELEASE IMMORTAL EMPIRES ON THIS SPECIFIC DATE AND YET THAT HAS NO HAPPENED I WILL NOW RIOT."

At this point, people just loving want to bitch.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If immortal umpires isn't out by the end of April i will poo poo my loving pants

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im not frothing mad about it like reddit but it is a little weird that it has taken so long for the Blood dlc to come out. Usually that thing is there on release or a week or two later. The fact that its not out yet makes me think theres some weird technical issue happening behind the scenes.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I'm just expecting the roadmap to get leaked a day early, personally.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If CA Sofia is being brought onboard then I absolutely expect issues to emerge from getting them up to spec to how CA UK works. The question would be when this was decided during WH3's development, and would explain a lot.

Not that their work is bad, but mainly because getting people across the world to work together coherently is probably very difficult.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I for one am excited to see what ME norsca levels of gently caress up that they've done now. I have no idea wtf they'll do with warriors of chaos since chaos undivided is all over their shoes. I could see merging them into 1 faction or maybe making it so demons take heavy attrition in low magic areas so they'd have their niche as go anywhere chaos bros. I also wanna see what their answer to siege battles are since it'd be a ton of loving work to make maps for every single ME faction and frankly i don't think CA is capable of doing that with the poo poo show that TW3 was at launch.

Cathay with some mods is pretty enjoyable but that's likely due to them having a full fleshed out roster. The more battle maps i play the more corner camping spots i find and goddamn i cannot wait to try them as dawi. A line of halberds between 2 impassible terrains with archers + artillery behind them is really fun. Just fought 4 full stacks of chaos duders and the reinforcements just casually walked in a giant blob right in front of all my missiles, cannons got over 600 kills by bouncing balls through this insane blob. I think once demons of chaos gets mortals they'll be way more fun to play but until then the tiny roster is just boring as hell.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
To this day there are still recruitment problems with norsca.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Im not frothing mad about it like reddit but it is a little weird that it has taken so long for the Blood dlc to come out. Usually that thing is there on release or a week or two later. The fact that its not out yet makes me think theres some weird technical issue happening behind the scenes.

Apparently sync kills are bugged right now (i.e., they're not happening, I guess?), and since the blood DLC adds a lot of those in... well...

Yeah, they're definitely wrangling some spaghetti code.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish undead factions got more variation in their undead minions. I'd love to see orc skellies, large ogre/troll skellies or even giant skellies (I know Tomb Kings has a bone giant and it's awesome).

Basically, anything with a skeleton should be fair game for the vampire counts to reanimate :colbert:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Zzulu posted:

I wish undead factions got more variation in their undead minions. I'd love to see orc skellies, large ogre/troll skellies or even giant skellies (I know Tomb Kings has a bone giant and it's awesome).

Basically, anything with a skeleton should be fair game for the vampire counts to reanimate :colbert:

This is very manageable though you'd need to make new undead models for the different races, the bloated corpse already has the animation needed for the larger models. I don't think undead trolls are a thing but you can likely just reanimate their skeletons so you could just create a monstrous skeleton unit. A mixed blob of all the different small races skeletons/zombies would add some fun variation. You might be able to use the bone giant model with the normal giants animations. It'd be a cool variable option for raise dead units only so instead of just recruiting free units you'd only get the unique raised dead options to pad out your army.

It'd be a good lore thing too with the normal VC's units being uniform since they get em from home which is filled with humans but when out and about you could get things like undead skaven, lizardmen, gobbos, dawi, orcs, and other small races in a big blob. I don't know if code wise you could key it to races in the area but that'd be a ton of fun. Sail to lustria and use abuncha undead skinks and skaven with some humans mixed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

AnEdgelord posted:

Chaos Ogres exist, Orges may be resistant to Chaos corruption but they're also amoral bastards who are perfectly happy to fight alongside actual daemons from hell if it means a steady supply of food. Plus they aren't totally immune and still manifest mutations. They also dont have a cultural stigma around mutations and view extra limbs as a bonus.

Also their physiology can only do so much when they're eating every corpse and weird mushroom they find in Nurgle territory