Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pac and Cheese posted:

okay i'm going to stop suffocating the thread now, i'm making too many bad posts, i'll be sure to be back with my hot take that if you lose a libel suite in england that means you're guilty because everyone knows they're super easy to win there even if you're a single guy trying to sue possibly the most manipulative and powerful corporation on earth k cya bye

its ok man, i scouted out jaw cancer jokes earlier when people started talking about it but i found no fruitful approach, good for you for just going for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Started watching mad god on a place and it's loving rad if you like atmospheric poo poo. Still want a god drat bluray of the whole movie, not just part 1 and part 2 or whatever weird poo poo they're doing!!!

Is outer range any good

Cacator posted:

It's almost like the game pushed choices on you that were absolutely meaningless!

Yes, I'm still bitter about paying money for that game. Don't get me started on Deathloop either.

I got it for free on steam and never finished it lol. I got to some room with a bunch of nazi crows maybe?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No. 6 posted:

How embarrassing. That game was crap.

I still want my money back.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best video game is Elden Ring and it's not art

Not one person jacks off an elephant to hose Rip Torn with cum

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Anyone else basically dependant on listening to these rascals for falling asleep? I've had so many weird dreams where I'm hanging out with them during a botw hah

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I got it for free on steam and never finished it lol. I got to some room with a bunch of nazi crows maybe?

Yeah that was relatively early on in the game.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Started watching mad god on a place and it's loving rad if you like atmospheric poo poo. Still want a god drat bluray of the whole movie, not just part 1 and part 2 or whatever weird poo poo they're doing!!!

So how is this working exactly? Did Tippet release it in parts or was it going to get a theatrical run?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AEMINAL posted:

Anyone else basically dependant on listening to these rascals for falling asleep? I've had so many weird dreams where I'm hanging out with them during a botw hah

cant fall asleep when the voice of angels himself screams AAIIIIIIDDDSSSS in my ears

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 28, 2022

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Space Kablooey posted:

cant fall asleep when the voice of angels himself screams AAIIIIIIDDDSSSS in my ears

NGL Rich Evans has woken me up even with headphone volume as low as it will go. Worth it obviously!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AEMINAL posted:

NGL Rich Evans has woken me up even with headphone volume as low as it will go. Worth it obviously!

Did you show him your wendys ad

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Anime Liker posted:

The best video game is Elden Ring and it's not art

Not one person jacks off an elephant to hose Rip Torn with cum

Keep playing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched I Heart Huckabees for the first time in forever. It's very funny! Good flick

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did you show him your wendys ad

Yeah but only to lure him into a false sense of security so I could unleash my Warhammer figurine collection

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's only one videogame that is art, and it's called Elden Ring.

It has a chill rear end turtle pope who will teach you incantations or spells.

I'll put that poo poo up against your mona lisas or david statues any day of the week and twice on Sundays

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

David statues always have tiny dongs anyway

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Honestly sculptures aren't art

The dicks are always tiny and the tiddies don't jiggle

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anything can be art. As long as you ask somebody "what does it mean to you?" That's what makes it art.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've seen the whole thing and really liked it. I need the blu-ray so I can get watch all of the making of features.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Moon Knight really came in with the big twists this last episode. I would have never guessed that he was Jewish

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

The Anime Liker posted:

I have no idea how to make a plane fly but I do know that 40 is a bigger number than 35

Please deposit $1.9T into my bank account, Uncle Sam

:eng101: there is a US fighter for every number from F-1 to F-23 except for F-13 (superstition) and F-19 (Northrop requested F-20 instead because they were planning to sell the plane on the export market and didn't want it to be confused with the Russian MiG-19). Who knows what the next one will be now that they've hosed it all up with the F-35. Will it be 24 or 36 or 1000 or what?

If you ever want to win a bar bet against some airplane dork, ask them if there was an F-21. there was: it was the designation used for borrowed Israeli Kfir fighters when they were tested at Area 51

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

:eng101: there is a US fighter for every number from F-1 to F-23 except for F-13 (superstition) and F-19 (Northrop requested F-20 instead because they were planning to sell the plane on the export market and didn't want it to be confused with the Russian MiG-19). Who knows what the next one will be now that they've hosed it all up with the F-35. Will it be 24 or 36 or 1000 or what?

If you ever want to win a bar bet against some airplane dork, ask them if there was an F-21. there was: it was the designation used for borrowed Israeli Kfir fighters when they were tested at Area 51

There will be F-360 and the F-One and the F-One Series S.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Pac and Cheese posted:

okay i'm going to stop suffocating the thread now, i'm making too many bad posts, i'll be sure to be back with my hot take that if you lose a libel suite in england that means you're guilty because everyone knows they're super easy to win there even if you're a single guy trying to sue possibly the most manipulative and powerful corporation on earth k cya bye

Aye, loving off would be best.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The F13 isn't blocked by superstition those are the ufo based designs from area 51.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Pac-Man is a concise and vigorous expression of the experience of sapient life
to play it is to experience a transient existence revolving around tireless consumption and continuously being forced to stave off the myriad agents of your encroaching demise- an exercise in futility culminating in failure and death

to last longer is consume more successfully, and that means you may, at best, carve your initials onto a chart of history's most successful consumers
this is the only mark you can leave upon its world. but the chart is ultimately no less transient, and you no less dead

funnily, in Ms Pac-Man, all the interludes (the only departure from the interminable cyclical grind for continued existence) are replaced with a simple story of meeting another of your kind, falling in love, and raising the next generation of hungry mouths

I pity anybody unable or unwilling to consider such an experience thoughtfully
it must be a woefully dreary mind that could be gifted the extraordinary experience of a simulated alternate existence and think nothing of it, draw no meaning and dismiss it as an idle distraction

what makes the eighth art so extraordinary is that it must be lived. we are immensely privileged to exist in the infinitesimal time and place where it can be, and I encourage you to draw all the meaning you can out of it, as befits all art

but if not, no matter
Pac-Man has appeared in art museums around the world whether you like it or not, and will continue to long after you're dead. :lofty:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

DrVenkman posted:

Aye, loving off would be best.

hey did you guys know that you can pretty much sue anyone in the uk and they just have to let you do it? i heard about it on south park

i'm going to hold my own trial on the isle of man, i'm suing the murdoch news group for 500 million for giving my dad boomer brain

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
no wait a south park episode from 17 years ago!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Pac and Cheese posted:

hey did you guys know that you can pretty much sue anyone in the uk and they just have to let you do it? i heard about it on south park

i'm going to hold my own trial on the isle of man, i'm suing the murdoch news group for 500 million for giving my dad boomer brain

This is my first real encounter with a Depp stan and its about what I expected.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
would you two get a friggin room already

this thread is for discussing Roger Ebert's opinions on video games, and the naming and budgeting concerns of the F-35 fighter jet

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cubone posted:

this thread is for discussing Roger Ebert's opinions on video games, and the naming and budgeting concerns of the F-35 fighter jet

Roger Ebert wanted to name the Joint Strike Fighter the F-69 but Siskel was too much of a coward.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

Roger Ebert was such a dickhead about the F-13 series. (Friday the 13th)

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
are dazzle ships art?

how can a machine of death and destruction possibly be considered art? because it has some cute painting on it? yeah right

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Anime Liker posted:

Honestly sculptures aren't art

The dicks are always tiny

hope you got a refund

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
x-posting from when i discovered this last night, csi ny did a cross-promotion with second life and it needs to be seen to be believed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZmjA7GCzQ

this is 100% art, case closed, sometimes video games transcend the medium like this

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Video james can definitely be art, and I look forward to the day when the first one that is comes along.

Have you played The Stanley Parable

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/joeynolfi/status/1519422314164670464?t=DBZrceVRs5paWBt0IbLnsA&s=19

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

DrVenkman posted:

This is my first real encounter with a Depp stan and its about what I expected.

hey it's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJ2ULuhb8&t=330s

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Just move the gently caress on man.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

personally rich screaming aiiiids is the only thing which gets me to sleep

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

DrVenkman posted:

Just move the gently caress on man.

haha what

who could possibly deny my kid rock/sean penn offer of peace u crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004