Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't think you'd have a lot of luck turning the Salamancas on each other like that, even as crazy as Tuco gets. Also, I can't really see him getting the jump on Lalo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think Lalo dies.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

There's pretty much nothing else of interest for Mike and Gus until BB besides dealing with Lalo. And Saul isn't exactly the cartel's in-house counsel, there's no reason for them to keep him up to speed on all the latest gang land killings, nor would he have any personal interest in knowing more than he has to.

Most likely Lalo comes back for one last big move involving Jimmy and Kim and gets taken out without their knowledge. It'll probably inadvertently cause some big mess with their Hamlin scheme and lead to their separation in BB.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blind Pineapple posted:

This would open the door for some “Tuco kills Lalo” possibilities. It’s not the most obvious route, but I don’t think there’s anything in the series that explicitly rules it out.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgds3lHS1YQ

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

why would tuco kill lalo. how does that fit into any of this narratively lol.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Just watched the episode. I'll comb back through this thread in a bit to read some fan theories from people more perceptive than me, but drat. Nacho went out like a boss. The way the setup was going, I figured we'd see some predictably-daring escape attempt facilitated by Mike as we have so many times in both shows. As the confrontation progresses you slowly realize it's not going to be like that, and then Nacho gets one of the best monologues ever, he knows he's basically got the fate of both Gus and the Salamancas in his hands. Did he know that Gus would have a much better revenge against them planned, did he die knowing that the cartel who tormented him would be getting off much worse than with him alive? Also the his suicide is followed up with Hector is framed to be well fuckin' pathetic, no close-up, just them in the background handing a gun to a sad old man so he can get some shots in on someone who already hosed them.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
At the risk of reading too much into it, I read the oil scene as almost a sort of baptism. Nacho goes into it as a man fighting to survive, and emerges with an acceptance of his death as long as he can define it on his own terms.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah he also had the last supper with all of his friend so all we can hope is that nacho 2.0 comes out of the laundromat lab after a few days

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

jesse is 'nacho the white'

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesse is pink, man

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Krazy 8 is running things by the time BB begins. It's likely that he's running the Salamanca enterprise until Tuco returns. Krazy 8 seems like one of the more senior Salamanca guys, filling in the money counting role Nacho held before him, but 8's operation seems smaller than before if he's using Jesse and cousin Emilio. Then he conveniently gets himself murdered before Tuco is released to take back control of the operation. Tuco's operation is likely bigger because he has name value so a lot of dealers probably return to the job when he gets out. His office has all kinds of disreputable looking characters surrounding it. Those two guys he uses (No-Doze and the other one) are nowhere to be seen during Hector, Nacho, Lalo and 8's term in office so they're likely Tuco loyalists.

I guess it's possible Krazy 8 being the Salamanca's DEA informant would be knowledge that dies with Lalo... Jesse seems pretty clear with dealing with Walt that Krazy 8 is not running the Salamanca operation. Krazy 8 is the lower end dealer, Jesse knows of Tuco and that he's higher up the chain in BB.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 27, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah he also had the last supper with all of his friend so all we can hope is that nacho 2.0 comes out of the laundromat lab after a few days

Ignacio Superstar

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

still racking around the proof lalo might be after. some ideas:

1. Could be going to Chile, as another poster mentioned
2. Maybe he knows about gus's ranch with the max monument, could be something there
3. Maybe he knows about Gus's doctor, guy probably has some info. obviously he makes it out to breaking bad tho
4. Maybe he's looking for Jimmy's car again (wants to 'prove' he can do that jump again)
5. Going to Peru, where the assassins may be from? Or to investigate Alvarez. I don't think he knows about their alleged involvement though since he's not in touch with Bolsa currently and he's limited in the amount of info he can get from Hector over the phone.
6. Could be going to Germany? He knows about the construction crew, no clue how he would manage to hunt anyone down though. Madrigal is also there

Anyone else have a theory? Again I really don't think he's going to Jimmy and Kim yet, considering he decided not to come back to America, but I mean, its possible. maybe he turned around to grab a disguise, and we'll see him pop up at Jimmy's with groucho marx glasses

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Ignacio Superstar
Baptized in oil.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Nacho libre

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Nacho lives

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Kim and Lalo are going to run off together and become lumberjacks.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Toplowtech posted:

Baptized in oil.

Stigmata from the glass shard

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

Stigmata from the glass shard

Head wounds from... :smith:

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
Nacho knowingly went to his own execution and died honorably in order to protect his father and Victor walks away from the scene with a smug smile on his face. gently caress that little sociopath, I'm glad he got his throat cut. Good deaths and bad deaths. :colbert:

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

PoizenJam posted:

Nacho's entire exit scene was gripping. Part of me wonders if going off script as much as he did, particularly revealing the pill swap, does anything but put Papi back on Hector's poo poo list.

My fiancee had the exact same reaction, and part of me wonders if Nacho fully understood the gamble he was making — Mike's sense of loyalty vs. Hector's sense of sangre por sangre.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

we're going to learn that during each of the mike vs cartel henchman scenes in breaking bad, their real target was nacho's father, just barely off screen each time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

we're going to learn that during each of the mike vs cartel henchman scenes in breaking bad, their real target was nacho's father, just barely off screen each time

Actually if you do the perfectly normal thing of taking those episodes, isolating all the audio tracks and then cranking up the volume and filtering through the noise you can clearly distinguish they already faintly put in Nacho's dad's voice bellowing,"For God's sake just go to the police!"

Edit: Nevermind, I have been informed that was actually Bryan Cranston's voice.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
I'm really impressed by Michael Mando's insight into his character in interviews and on the podcast. This guy really took his job seriously. He sees Nacho as a romantic figure, the only one in the BB universe to "break good". His last phone call with his dad was basically Nacho asking him to run away with him, and when shut down he knew what he had to do to protect the only pure thing in his life, his dad. That's beautiful.

I hope he gets recognition and more serious work after these three Nacho-centric episodes.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Now that I think about it, he pretty much had to reveal the bit about the sugar pills because otherwise the scene would have rang a bit hollow, considering Hector knows Lalo is alive.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The other thing too is that it gets Hector to stop trying to cast doubt on the Alvarez story by making him so angry he forgets all about Gus for that moment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aye Doc posted:

vic and walt both independently come up with a plan to blow up gus via hector and meet by happenstance for the first time at the nursing home

Ronnie reveals that he was watching carefully the whole time and has figured out how to make meth as good as Walt. Vic immediately stabs him with a boxcutter.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like if they were to do a twist that Nacho's dad actually ends up in danger again, that would severely undercut Nacho's awesome and noble death. For that reason, I don't see them doing it and I think it's safe to assume Nacho's dad is safe and will probably remain out of the picture.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

christmas boots posted:

The other thing too is that it gets Hector to stop trying to cast doubt on the Alvarez story by making him so angry he forgets all about Gus for that moment.

That, and: Hector was NEVER going to buy that it was someone else; Nacho only needed to convince Bolsa. He and Eladio are already quite familiar with Hector's rage-boner for Gus, and their tolerance for Hector's bullshit is clearly approaching its limits.

I don't think Gus tries to come back on Nacho's dad. There was never a point to that threat other than getting what he wanted out of Nacho, which he now has.

I can imagine Hector sending people after Nacho's dad, for revenge or as a loose end. Now, Gus knows Mike is definitely going to delete anyone who gets within a mile of that guy unless forcibly prevented from doing so. In those circumstances, I see him putting his whole squad of muscle behind Mike's protection detail, doubling as a power play against Hector's influence within the cartels. He convinces Bolsa that any more civilian bloodshed in the US is unacceptable, and whatever amount of Mike-on-Salamanca violence takes place is for the purpose of protecting the business and now mike is somebody else's huge and immediate problem instead of his.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My rewatch finally caught up to BCS season three and boy that chuck, what an rear end in a top hat.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I feel like if they were to do a twist that Nacho's dad actually ends up in danger again, that would severely undercut Nacho's awesome and noble death. For that reason, I don't see them doing it and I think it's safe to assume Nacho's dad is safe and will probably remain out of the picture.

I could definitely see a story where Gus comes to realize how much of an asset Nacho could have been if he had just treated him with a fraction of the respect he gives Mike, and where the Salamancas try to retaliate against a dead man by going after Papi. I don't see quite how it could be the big catalyst that makes Gus smarten up, but he might definitely have to burn some resources bodyguarding a decent man who wants nothing to do with any cartel goons.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't know how to embed this, and unless you haven't finished BrBa, no spoilers. Bit of Walt and Kim symmetry.

https://youtube.com/shorts/rBE71GGvLxc?feature=share

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 28, 2022

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I'm still mad at this week's BCS.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this one popped up on my feed yesterday and still makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRhjPzx8G0

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
michael mandolorian when

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Real prediction: The conclusion to Lalo's story doesn't end during present day in the show; he will somehow fake his death a second time (and remain dead as thought to avoid heat from the local authorities who have been investigating and or building a case against the Salamanca family and believe him to already be dead) to fool Gus, and we will see post-BB Gene have to confront him in some way in the very end, perhaps in a somewhat analogous way to how Walter White conducted his final battle. Gus was convinced he was dead during the BB time line, confronting Hector with "the end" of his family's line, however it seems like Jimmy believes otherwise.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lalo's only weakness is Cinnabons

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

lalo escapes with the help of the vacuum man and takes on a new identity managing the baskin robbins across from gene's cinnabon

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
jimmy is gonna have lalo in a courtroom seat screaming about chicanary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

maybe lalo just never comes out of hiding. i mean, its in his name.