Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

wheatpuppy posted:

Two separate coworkers today, in two different meetings, were waxing poetic about scoring "ham balls" at Fareway this week. I had never heard of them so I Googled and the ingredients are:
*Fareway Ham Loaf
*milk
*eggs
*crushed graham crackers

Am I wrong in thinking that sounds horrific? I don't even know what "ham loaf" is exactly but it sounds wrong on a visceral level.
It certainly sounds like something I want Far Eway from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dixville has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Apr 28, 2022

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

wheatpuppy posted:

Two separate coworkers today, in two different meetings, were waxing poetic about scoring "ham balls" at Fareway this week. I had never heard of them so I Googled and the ingredients are:
*Fareway Ham Loaf
*milk
*eggs
*crushed graham crackers

Am I wrong in thinking that sounds horrific? I don't even know what "ham loaf" is exactly but it sounds wrong on a visceral level.

Eggs with flour or bread as a binding agent are a staple when making meatballs, graham crackers are a bit out there but would probably serve the function fine. Milk is odd though. I don't see the point of introducing moisture into the mix, the meat should have more than enough. You don't want to end up with wet balls.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tiggum posted:

I love these things. But I'm the only person I know who does, and the label says not to eat an entire pack by yourself because of the iodine. So what am I supposed to do? Eat half and put the rest away? Absurd.

the label says what now?

welp RIP me, dyin of too much iodine

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I would absolutely crush this without hesitation

and then immediately schedule an appointment with my doc for the inevitable cholesterol and high blood pressure meds I'll be needing

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Maybe it’s just lack of sleep talking here but I kind of want to try this. It doesn’t seem like the worst idea…

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crisp sarnies are quite pleasant honestly, dunno if I would put tuna in it though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like canned tuna, and bread + salty potato chips penalty both taste fine with it. You could do about a million things to make it more interesting and flavourful in five minutes or less, though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*dash of Frank's Red Hot* there we go

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

probably some sort of abomination against cuisine or kosher laws but i love the extra salt and cruch that bacon gives a tuna sando

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Why tf wouldn't you just do sardines instead

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

boar guy posted:

probably some sort of abomination against cuisine or kosher laws but i love the extra salt and cruch that bacon gives a tuna sando

Try Baco's instead for something like this. I'm not making a joke, they just work better and don't require you to cook bacon. Salty crunchy nuggets on demand.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

dog nougat posted:

Why tf wouldn't you just do sardines instead

crunch

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

boar guy posted:

I have never considered this, but color me intrigued.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Zero_Grade posted:

I have never considered this, but color me intrigued.

it's key- i repeat KEY- that you make sure in advance that the bacon is not some honey smoked abomination

at subway, get bacon on your tuna. at bruegger's, maybe not so much

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can buy sardines that crunch.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Solely because of this thread, my lunch today is a tuna salad sandwich that I added bacon to, and you know what? It's pretty good! Which makes it no longer relevant to the thread, I guess :ohdear:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Solely because of this thread, my lunch today is a tuna salad sandwich that I added bacon to, and you know what? It's pretty good! Which makes it no longer relevant to the thread, I guess :ohdear:

yet another pyf success story. i usually just lay the bacon over the top but next time i make tuna salad at home i'm gonna chop some up and add it right to the mix

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

sexpig by night posted:

the label says what now?

welp RIP me, dyin of too much iodine

There's also a risk of arsenic bioaccumulation and other heavy metal poisoning if you regularly eat large portions of seaweed so definitely don't make it a primary component of your diet.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I always have Enrique chelate my seaweed before tucking in

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/fuckmarrywill/status/1519414934932578304

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Brawnfire posted:

Oh poo poo... I've definitely eaten more than a pack myself. The wasabi ones...

Literally everyone eats the entire pack and I've never seen such a label, either here or in Korea. Probably some weird local law not based in reality, what I can find says iodine poisoning happens from people going hog on supplements and getting too much iodine from food is near impossible.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/cjayanetti/status/1519595026006876160

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/hawaiian_spaghetti_67939

As a lover of spaghetti, I am aghast, but as a lover of Hawaiian pizza, I am intrigued.

Just a lot of conflicting emotions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Grand Fromage posted:

Literally everyone eats the entire pack and I've never seen such a label, either here or in Korea. Probably some weird local law not based in reality, what I can find says iodine poisoning happens from people going hog on supplements and getting too much iodine from food is near impossible.

It's probably an Australia thing. I remember when they started putting iodine in bread here there was a whole thing about not eating too much sushi because now you're getting all that extra iodine from your sandwiches.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

:lmao:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1519673457797181442

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Grand Fromage posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:allbuttons:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PYF Horrible Food: (remove membrane)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
To be fair, I don’t think that’s meant to be a taste treat so much as a way of getting a bunch of liver into somebody with anemia who wouldn’t eat it otherwise.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I'm struggling to think of any situation where liver and marshmallows would go together.

With or without the membrane.

E -
New thread name pls.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I figured it was probably from some health-related section, but I stand by my reaction.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc6oVoYrc_1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about what this might taste like.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Meh, it'd probably be like a grapefruit IPA

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zil posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc6oVoYrc_1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about what this might taste like.

Malort isn't great, but after all the poo poo I've heard over the years, I was eager to try it once I was at a bar in Chicago that had it, and eh, it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Did a shot and my first impression was "that's it?" It's not the best expression of that particular style of liqueur I'm sure, but there are worse things that exist.

In the form of a spritz, with the bitterness toned down and some lightness and acidity brought in by presumably some sort of sprudelwein, it could be interesting. I'd try it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
not necessarily disgusting but lol at the garnish on this. from a recipe for "oysters in puff pastry" from grocery store IGA.

frozen vegetable medley on the half shell :discourse:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not necessarily disgusting but lol at the garnish on this. from a recipe for "oysters in puff pastry" from grocery store IGA.

What a sad waste of oysters

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Something about the colors and perspective on this makes it look photoshopped.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

AARD VARKMAN posted:

e: I did not note the suspicious similarities between these usernames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Empty Sandwich posted:

e: I did not note the suspicious similarities between these usernames

you've discovered why I was looking up puff pastry and oysters :ssh: