Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ex post facho posted:

Losing, correct

even in the article when someone asks these orgs why they are funding centrists in safe seat primaries instead of trying to win more competitive seats against republicans, the PR people basically say they just want to have a winning candidate in their pocket rather than try to win races and get legislation passed, it's remarkable

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The DNC should just start trafficking drugs and other contraband.

The profit don’t lie. :nsa:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

One of the most expensive races for state assembly in American history was when Buffy Wicks, a former Obama staffer and 2016 Hillary campaign, was going up against Jovanka Beckles, a Bernie endorsed candidates.

It is impossible to understand anything about modern democrats if you don't understand that their number 1 reason for being is to stop any leftward movement.

The Warren campaign, the Pete campaign, most of the big money CA/NY races are all about one thing: defeating even symbolically left wing candidates.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

joepinetree posted:

One of the most expensive races for state assembly in American history was when Buffy Wicks, a former Obama staffer and 2016 Hillary campaign, was going up against Jovanka Beckles, a Bernie endorsed candidates.

It is impossible to understand anything about modern democrats if you don't understand that their number 1 reason for being is to stop any leftward movement.

The Warren campaign, the Pete campaign, most of the big money CA/NY races are all about one thing: defeating even symbolically left wing candidates.

the great thing is that warren's extremely obvious fake leftism was too scary for the donor class to handle so she got nothing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
beeg structural 🐍

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the great thing is that warren's extremely obvious fake leftism was too scary for the donor class to handle so she got nothing

Disagree, if she had been even slightly successful they would have given her a prize but the only people who thought elizabeth warren was anything but a non-entity were warren supporters and some sanders supporters. The idea that sanders could have won if she'd dropped out inaccurately assumes she had any affect on the race at all.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

dont blame me, i voted for marianne

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

30.5 Days posted:

Disagree, if she had been even slightly successful they would have given her a prize but the only people who thought elizabeth warren was anything but a non-entity were warren supporters and some sanders supporters. The idea that sanders could have won if she'd dropped out inaccurately assumes she had any affect on the race at all.

i was never a huge fan of warren but i thought she’d probably be better than most

ever since the news about her lying about being native came out though i mean lol

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The point is less whether she had an impact and more that the only way to understand why that nothing of a campaign got so much media attention and funding is because people thought she'd stop Bernie.

Much like how Pete's entire campaign strategy makes no sense from the point of view of trying to win it all.

Or Bloomberg's.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Could have saved a lot of time, money and hard feeling by just asking Jim Clyburn directly who should be the next Dem nominee.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mediaphage posted:

i was never a huge fan of warren but i thought she’d probably be better than most

ever since the news about her lying about being native came out though i mean lol

lyin liz is exactly the reason you should record everybody

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mediaphage posted:

The first Black professor Harvard ever hired went on strike to protest the fact that they'd never hired a woman of colour. They fired him, and a year later hired Liz Warren.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mediaphage posted:

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

liz warren pretending to be native american was so loving awesome, can’t believe that happened

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Nq3RG8b84

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol her great grandpa killed one

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

the actual article is just :discourse:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/28/politics/us-economy-shrank-democrats-2022-midterm/index.html

"If things stay roughly where they are today -- in terms of economic measures like GDP and CPI and Americans' perceptions of the state of the economy -- Democrats will experience a cataclysm at the ballot box this fall. The question won't be whether they hold their paper-thin majorities in the House and Senate, but rather how big the electoral hole will be that they have to try to dig out from over the coming decade."

:sad:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

THS2 posted:

liz warren pretending to be native american was so loving awesome, can’t believe that happened

She built her entire academic career off it.

It's incredible.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

quote:

When Foushee revealed her first-quarter fundraising on April 15, she disclosed that the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the famously influential pro-Israel lobby, had bundled more than half of her $320,000 haul.

Thus far, Foushee herself has lacked the funding to spend more than a negligible amount on TV herself. But AIPAC’s new super PAC, United Democracy Project, has purchased $720,000 in airtime for TV ads promoting Foushee’s personal story and work.

Lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

THS2 posted:

doing a dna test that would 100% give no benefit to her and then trying to spin 'actually you have less native dna in your test than most normal WASPs' as proof she was right was so loving good

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

doing a dna test that would 100% give no benefit to her, suggested by a podcast host, and then trying to spin 'actually you have less native dna in your test than most normal WASPs' as proof she was right was so loving good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
like using a DNA test to 'prove' your minority status is fraught both scientifically and culturally but to get a result of 'actually you're whiter than even other white people' and go 'see? I was right' is some true sociopath poo poo.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"This is fine" says lib with terminally addled MSNBC brain who still won't shut up about 'Russian election interference'

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
she paid for an entire mini documentary about how being vindicated like that was so empowering for her and her family, and then scrubbed it from the internet in less than a week

top tier presidential candidate, for sure

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sexpig by night posted:

like using a DNA test to 'prove' your minority status is fraught both scientifically and culturally but to get a result of 'actually you're whiter than even other white people' and go 'see? I was right' is some true sociopath poo poo.

And how narcissistic is it to not listen to people telling her that it was a bad idea or surrounding herself entirely with yass women so that there was no one who would raise concern?

It’s not like the Something Awful forums where the only person who can stop that bad post before submission is the poster themself.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Read the actual article because I can walk to this district, but don't live there, turns out it's mostly AIPAC, because she's Muslim.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol her great grandpa killed one

The newspaper articles proved Warren's ancestor had native blood on his hands.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Her papaw had high cheekbones of the Indians.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Platystemon posted:

And how narcissistic is it to not listen to people telling her that it was a bad idea or surrounding herself entirely with yass women so that there was no one who would raise concern?

It’s not like the Something Awful forums where the only person who can stop that bad post before submission is the poster themself.

to be fair she could have had a room full of people with the same brain rot she has

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Her papaw had high cheekbones of the Indians.

didn't realize her pawpaw was the guy who stole Geronimo's skull

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh her family has a whole collection.

They hid the skull of Sultan Mkwawa for most of the first half of the twentieth century.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Her poo poo talking pac money only to have her campaign kept alive by a single silicon valley donor explicitly to kill Medicare for all was :discourse:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's his house, he's supposed to be there!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

one of the funniest owns trump has done to POCAHONTAS :yooge:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/rhetormorrison/status/1519788545136807938?s=20&t=jjvpE_nmyDbrpbJdzjU1Gg

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

That photo adjusted my thinking pretty quickly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1519703667770806272