Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

Eatin a dog right now

Costco doggin'? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Costco doggin'? :thunk:

:hai:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I ate one of them big Silva linguica sausages at midnight last night

If you live less than 150 miles from San Jose, CA, or less than 150 miles from Fall River, MA, then I judge harshly: Silva is trash linguica.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Spent one fitty on plants today. As usual at Costco, each unit was much cheaper and instead of spending less I got a lot more. I should have a pretty nice garden this year!

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

norp posted:

Got myself a big bag of Kirkland Mexican shredded cheese mix for $1 today pbuc

(Would have bought more but it was short-dated)

Their shredded cheese is awful. The most anti caking agent laden I’ve ever had.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

If you live less than 150 miles from San Jose, CA, or less than 150 miles from Fall River, MA, then I judge harshly: Silva is trash linguica.

god I wish I lived near fall river for the cheap weed, linguica, and killer pierogi's

of course it's too cold up north so I never would

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
got a pizza for dinner :yum:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cozmosis posted:

Their shredded cheese is awful. The most anti caking agent laden I’ve ever had.

I’ve had the opposite experience and buy a shitload of it every week.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I picked up the sliced red grapefruit cups from the refrigerated section and I am disappointed. The lovely mandarins from China are even packed in some kind of juice but these are just in syrup, which makes the fact that they're bitter even worse. And! You have to keep them in the fridge.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I was looking for the Limoncello almonds today and it looks like I missed out. I didn't buy them last time because they looked so good, and they had samples that confirmed my suspicion. Today I felt like I earned a treat and they were nowhere to be seen.

Also it seems like we are back to entire families going together and and it's clear that society is back to its baseline shittiness. Kids should be able to be involved in the shopping trip to learn the ways of the world, they don't have to be there every time. Certainly the whole famdamily doesn't have to go! Or whatever I got through it, and I went for pleasure not necessity.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The cauliflower crust Kirkland signature pizza is pretty darn good for what it is. Thanks thread.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

StormDrain posted:

I was looking for the Limoncello almonds today and it looks like I missed out. I didn't buy them last time because they looked so good, and they had samples that confirmed my suspicion. Today I felt like I earned a treat and they were nowhere to be seen.

Also it seems like we are back to entire families going together and and it's clear that society is back to its baseline shittiness. Kids should be able to be involved in the shopping trip to learn the ways of the world, they don't have to be there every time. Certainly the whole famdamily doesn't have to go! Or whatever I got through it, and I went for pleasure not necessity.

they had these at mine on friday so i got a bag. they moved em from the middle area with the seasonal stuff to the side area with the regular snacks/treats

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

FCKGW posted:

I’ve had the opposite experience and buy a shitload of it every week.

Probably depends which factory it comes out of, this bag seems fine.

We don't actually get a lot of Kirkland cheese because they import it, and the locally sourced brands they have here for shredded cheese *do* have the too much potato starch problem (and are very similar to the Aldi products... ).

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

those Robert Irving fitness crunch bars are fuckin solid. those plus two of the frozen egg fritatta things are a solid and fast breakfast

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

those Robert Irving fitness crunch bars are fuckin solid. those plus two of the frozen egg fritatta things are a solid and fast breakfast

Something my dietician brought up those: watch out for the amount of sugar alcohols.

The fit crunch bars have 8g. If you are sensitive to those, these might trigger your sensitivity.

And even if you aren’t sensitive, amounts over 12g in a day can start to trigger digestive issues in most people.

TL;DR: don’t overdue it on the fit crunch bars

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Johnny Truant posted:

The Red’s breakfast burritos have been serving me super well, too. Could be better for you, but it moves both eggs and hot sauce into my mouth every morning expediently.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Regarding Costco breakfast options:

You can buy a giant thing of Quaker oats, dried cranberries, pepitas, honey, and cinammon and have healthy, tasty breakfasts for like.... 20 cents per meal.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

The Red’s breakfast burritos have been serving me super well, too. Could be better for you, but it moves both eggs and hot sauce into my mouth every morning expediently.

:hmmyes:

always down for more recs

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Regarding Costco breakfast options:

You can buy a giant thing of Quaker oats, dried cranberries, pepitas, honey, and cinammon and have healthy, tasty breakfasts for like.... 20 cents per meal.

oatmeal with honey, nutella, PB, and pecans or bust :colbert:

but yes these are breakgast options and usually my go-to, but oatmeal is not as fast as a protein bar or a microwave fritatta that i can eat in 30 seconds, lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

costco trip today

needs everything

probably gonna spend $400+

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

StormDrain posted:

There are certain aspects of living in a pandemic that I enjoyed. Not having to elbow idiots out of the way is one of the few, particularly for me as someone who has mild social anxiety (such a polite way to say "I don't like people"!)

edit: They were out of the cinnamon butter loaf last time I went. Both sad and relieved.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i bought the cinnamon butter loaf package yesterday and i ate an entire loaf over the course of the day

i'm putting 1.5 of the remaining two in the freezer so i.. don't do that again :yum:

it was definitely a shitshow when i went yesterday at about 11:30am though. i actually had a hashtagblessed trip to Costco, like slipped right into the perfect gas lane, found parking instantaneously, food didn't take too long and they had everything that i needed (still no stroopwaffel ice cream sandwiches though!) and the only real issue was yeah, just people. my pet peeve is people just not having spatial awareness and blocking aisles/doors/whatever and costco is... not good for that, lol. gotta remember to bring my earbuds next time

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

oh yeah gonna buy a jerry can for motorcycle gas

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You’re not a real Kirklander if you haven’t bumped your cart into someone else’s to demonstrate that they’re positioned poorly.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

You’re not a real Kirklander if you haven’t bumped your cart into someone else’s to demonstrate that they’re positioned poorly.

In the Midwest this unchecked open aggression is sufficient cause for one to stand one's ground, to be fair

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

bird with big dick posted:

I yelled at a woman a few weeks ago because she decided I wasn't far enough up in line and she literally just started hitting me in the back with her cart. Didn't even ask me to move just started hitting me. Then the cashier yelled at me because I wasn't unloading my cart fast enough. Easily my worst trip to Costco in a while

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Monday Costco has thus far been a chill time to shop. Gonna get a polish dog.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

oh yeah gonna buy a jerry can for motorcycle gas

I just get regular gas because I can't taste the difference

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Thats alotta meat!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is there a way to anticipate when patio sets will restock online or am I just stuck refreshing every hour?

Russian Dollies
Jun 25, 2006

Basically... RUN.

Head Bee Guy posted:

also the bags of pre-shredded rotisserie chicken were slimy and salty. I had hard time finding a way to make them yummy. Useful as a post-gym protein blast, but nevertheless blegh

They are great if you're big on soups or curries. I keep a couple in the freezer at all times just for that purpose.

Russian Dollies fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 27, 2022

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
We are in the midst of home renovation.

We purchased three Samsung appliances (fridge, microwave, dishwasher). Good discount. Good delivery.

We also got our new faucet on sale as well as the garbage disposal. Nice solid picks.

The only disappointment has been some under cabinet LEDs light which look great but can’t carry the signal far enough across a gap in our cabinets. Trying to think about swapping in a more powerful power adapter (since the 24 watt one doesn’t seem to have enough charge). Not sure what to do.

Ultimately, Costco has been a good partner in this process.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Tried the Del Real bean and cheese pupusas out of the refrigerator case under the logic of 'beans, cheese, and corn masa? sign me up'

Prep is easy, just heat them in a pan for 5 minutes. They're not bad, but the masa is a little bland on its own and the corn to filling ratio is skewed towards the corn a little more than I'd like. However, they're excellent bases for any additional flavor you want to throw on top. I'm sure they'd be great with salsa or thread favorite 505 for example. I'd get them again.

numberoneposter posted:

Monday Costco has thus far been a chill time to shop. Gonna get a polish dog.

Apparently the best time to visit my Costco is 3:15 on a weekday afternoon, I went in and the gas line was "1 car in front of me" (nearly unprecedented) and the warehouse wasn't much more crowded.

gonna miss this when my near-infinite wfh flexibility disappears someday

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 28, 2022

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Kirkland Signature logo T shirts are here.

Pengwin
Apr 3, 2007

MIND MIND MIND

StormDrain posted:

Need this. Don't see it online (yet) though. I picked up my Kirkland crewneck online a couple weeks before seeing it in store.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wearing a loving grocery stores logo means you're a massive tool

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

Actually it means you're 1% better than other people.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gaius Marius posted:

You fool what have you done

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

better run while you can!!!!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I decided to try the Frontera salsa verde last time instead of refilling the 505. The frontera has the kick I need, so maybe I’ll get more 505 and mix them together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

StormDrain posted:

When are they going to bring back the Kirkland undershirts?