Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Mogh is interested in BLOOD and BLOOD alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

The Anime Liker posted:

Extremely disappointed the Mohg blood lakes don't give you a horrible disease.

You're telling me that Liurnia's waters are poisonous in areas but Mohg Lake is just perfectly safe to swim in?

Miyazaki, you coward.

The waters of Lake Mohg are constantly circulating as the murder chickens go nuts, which prevents any harmful mold or algae build up.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlestheHammer posted:

In the Alabama sense

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
the first time i encountered scarlet rot was also the first time i encountered the don't roll in poo poo mechanic

I thought Miyazaki had innovated on swamps by making them continually build up after you exit them. Greatest drat game of all time.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

You can buy spears for the Radahn bow that let you do his special shots, it's pricey but not any more expensive than keeping a jar cannon fed

and you dont have to navigate through a series of ladders to get to the vendor! that merchant on mt gelmir is like the only one ive been tempted to kill for the bell bearing

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At 90 hours in I figured out that my game wasn't bugged but that Church of Dragon Communion and Cathedral of Dragon Communion were two entirely separate locations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://youtu.be/7LjwkTx--O8 the new IronPineapple video has one of the best radahn kill methods I’ve seen

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:kimchi:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes, we demand blood buildup when you roll through the blood swamp.
Also, a frost swamp.
And maybe even a death swamp.

I hope we get those as DLC. With a room full of warhawks as a boss.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Ghostlight posted:

At 90 hours in I figured out that my game wasn't bugged but that Church of Dragon Communion and Cathedral of Dragon Communion were two entirely separate locations.

The Godrick and Godwyn of locations

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The people cry out for more swamps.

Lightning swamps.

Deathblight swamps.

Bleed swamps.

Frost swamps.

New damage type swamps.

Pierce swamps that are just lots of needles.

A rot swamp with 3 crucible knights in it and they're mandatory bosses.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
We have red swamps, yellow swamps, Green swamps

Needs Orange, blue, purple, white and black swamps

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The DLC will feature a new enemy type

[sinister B-52s guy voice]

Rot Lobster

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would actually like a three crucible knight fight in an open area.

That would be pretty insane

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Sleep swamp. Everyone forgets sleep

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Commander McNeil that summons 2 crucible knights

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kild posted:

Commander McNeil that summons 2 crucible knights

Also he aggro immediately instead of waiting for the ads to die

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

skasion posted:

Sleep swamp. Everyone forgets sleep

Does anything actually inflict sleep other than the crabs?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

dodgeblan posted:

the first time i encountered scarlet rot was also the first time i encountered the don't roll in poo poo mechanic

I thought Miyazaki had innovated on swamps by making them continually build up after you exit them. Greatest drat game of all time.

That's an old DS2 mechanic returning.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

NmareBfly posted:

Not enough info to say. What's your level? Build? What're your weapons at? If you're squishy what is your Vit and why don't you have more? Armor doesn't matter that much tbh. Been to the capitol yet? With progression how it is in this game just knowing where you are isn't that useful.

Like, over 70 I don't remember very well. I think I have the bloodhound fang at like +8 or so, my Vit is probably my highest stat just shy of 30 and I think my Str/Dex/Fai is like 25/24/21 I wanna say. The last big boss I beat was Radahn, I got to the capital city gates I think, slapped that one rematch guy around very easily, and am just running around finding whatever interests me on the map. I did some Volcano Manor, found a grace at the start of Mt. Gelmir, found the poison rear end city on the northernmost corner of the plateau and that's about it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Commander O'Neil but he summons 6 lobsters.

In a rot swamp.

The run-up is like 6 suicide chickens and 6 mana zombies that jump out and grab you.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Holding out hope for a "summon a player as the boss" boss again.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

The Anime Liker posted:

Commander O'Neil but he summons 6 lobsters.

In a rot swamp.

The run-up is like 6 suicide chickens and 6 mana zombies that jump out and grab you.

Lobster Rider Night's Calvary.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Doing an NG+2 run with only the final achievement in mind really makes you appreciate just how short the game really is when you're not doing any exploring. I'm already level 227 with an entire arsenal of maxed out weapons and ashes from previous playthroughs so I don't really need anything anymore. I didn't even look at Caelid longer than it took to get the medallion. Don't need to bother with NPC questlines since I have no interest in trying out NG+3 so I won't be needing any more cap stones.

Is making me ache for a fresh save though, kinda miss the challenge and cobbling poo poo together.

Also STR/INT seems to have a pretty easy time since very few things seem to have any notable magic resistance. I've been using the Royal Greatsword and ice spells from range during those times when the enemies just don't feel like letting you have a turn.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 29, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

emdash posted:

https://youtu.be/7LjwkTx--O8 the new IronPineapple video has one of the best radahn kill methods I’ve seen

His videos are usually really fantastic, so I am excited to see this one :unsmith:.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Flytrap posted:

Doing an NG+2 run with only the final achievement in mind really makes you appreciate just how short the game really is when you're not doing any exploring. I'm already level 227 with an entire arsenal of maxed out weapons and ashes from previous playthroughs so I don't really need anything anymore. I didn't even look at Caelid longer than it took to get the medallion. Don't need to bother with NPC questlines since I have no interest in trying out NG+3 so I won't be needing any more cap stones.

Is making me ache for a fresh save though, kinda miss the challenge and cobbling poo poo together.

I was in pretty much the same boat and welp i started a new save. I just wish i could give some of the endgame stuff to the new character, i already miss her looking exactly like i want fashion souls-wise.

Although, to be totally honest, i may go back and breeze through Chaos Ending and wait for some DLC before i really commit to starting all over again. We'll see

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

a kitten posted:

I was in pretty much the same boat and welp i started a new save. I just wish i could give some of the endgame stuff to the new character, i already miss her looking exactly like i want fashion souls-wise.

Although, to be totally honest, i may go back and breeze through Chaos Ending and wait for some DLC before i really commit to starting all over again. We'll see

I've spent so much time in NG+ that I legit forgot that you need to earn the right to wear four talismans. I look at my equipment with a fresher character and something just feels *wrong*.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlestheHammer posted:

And bits of sick

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Isn't there technically a (very) small blood swamp in the Rose Church?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The new boss should be a small room containing a dozen rats. In Phase 2 a Runebear breaks down a wall and doubles the size of the room with his entrance.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ghostlight posted:

Isn't there technically a (very) small blood swamp in the Rose Church?
There's a blood knight who spawns and can create lil blood swamps but they're temporary

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCATMwkaSkM

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

Holding out hope for a "summon a player as the boss" boss again.

With the amount of horseshit in Elden Ring PvP I am really glad this didn't happen. I had a great time in DS2 PvP but ER is a poison swamp of insufferable youtubers and meta wiki poo poo.

In DS2 I just made up a random-rear end PvP build. Lightning spear, offhand Falchion, Watcher shield, Bow of Want w/lightning arrows. This worked well enough to get me to 300 net wins in the blood arena. Perhaps that wasn't the best possible use of god knows how many hours of my one and only life in this world though.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

What's the etiquette on allowing people to buff themselves for 30 seconds at the start of duels? Is this the honorable, righteous thing to allow, or am I a chump watching someone dig my own grave in front of me?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Darth Nat posted:

What's the etiquette on allowing people to buff themselves for 30 seconds at the start of duels? Is this the honorable, righteous thing to allow, or am I a chump watching someone dig my own grave in front of me?

If you're not also buffing, then prod them with a crossbow bolt.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Darth Nat posted:

Flex impossibly hard by doing the lay down animation then the quit option

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Half the time their buffs seem pretty inconsequential, but the only time I got really irritated and started attacking was when someone buffed themselves with multiple spells and then started chowing down on crab meat. But maybe I was the baddie?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Darth Nat posted:

E-bushido will get you killed. Bum rush the sap. All gas and no brakes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If your build doesn't work without buffs then you better get pretty good at buffing while dodging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

If your build doesn't work without buffs then you better get pretty good at buffing while dodging.

Yeah this. I'll let someone do one, maybe two buffs, but after that they're taking their life into my hands