Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Sorry to Bother You figures when?

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd say i'm 80% finished with the painting here. The belts need another coat and there's some details to clean up. But otherwise I just need to make the capes and I think my first foray into figure making is a pretty good success. If I ever move into resin printing it would be for cleaner heads, the rest of the figure looks really great with the paint applied.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I'd say i'm 80% finished with the painting here. The belts need another coat and there's some details to clean up. But otherwise I just need to make the capes and I think my first foray into figure making is a pretty good success. If I ever move into resin printing it would be for cleaner heads, the rest of the figure looks really great with the paint applied.

These are incredible

Soon you can start your own obscure He-Man knock off store

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Definitely need more printers for that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love that 3D printers are now what those old 'make your own action figures' kits used to be, the ones that were inevitably lovely clay molds

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

If the FF finally gets an MCU movie I hope to loving god we finally get a good Von Doom on screen

It still blows my mind that the best DOOM :doom: costume is from a god damned corman film.

Man I saw the pricetag on DOOM and was ready to start bitching but holy gently caress he comes with a ton of poo poo. Even has some web swinging hands, even if they call em spell casting...

BTW, the Limtoys Outlaws of the West figure FINALLY got released. It's the one with the various hairstyles and beard styles, without the extra head sculpt. It includes damned near everything from the game though, except a nagging cough. $230 shipped from TNS figures. Somehow I managed to not sign up for the pre order when he was 185 :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 28, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rhyno posted:

If you're getting into painting figures you can do cartoon-accurate versions of them, like how some people paint Gundam models

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oooooh.

I'm a long way off from that skill level.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Mad respect to my wife for carving this Temple of Gozer door sculpture to use as a backdrop behind my 1/6 Blitzway Ghostbhsters figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gripweed posted:

If you're getting into painting figures you can do cartoon-accurate versions of them, like how some people paint Gundam models

Wow, that's incredible.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
He’s not blue!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I wish he was a little more comic booky and not so much "dude with cargo pants and Timberlands" but that's on the MCU people

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sony might give him his own film after they’re done with more popular characters like Madame Web and El Muerto. He can have the classic suit for that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
We're never getting a classic Electro suit in a movie unless it's a comedy.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Maybe not classic green and yellow spandex but they managed to make the Mysterio suit look cool and close to the comic version while giving it some modern updates so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with electro.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I could be Jamie Foxx not wanting to look “goofy” or some such. Maybe after being a blue leather daddy, he refused to wear a comic styled costume.

Just guessing.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah probably. It's still a lame costume and I will probably still buy it so I can make a sinister six

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If you missed out on ML Black Panther movie figs they’re being rereleased with some deco changes. They’re up on BBTS. M’Baku will be a Target exclusive.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Mad respect to my wife for carving this Temple of Gozer door sculpture to use as a backdrop behind my 1/6 Blitzway Ghostbhsters figures.

Start to finish, how much did your Rocketeer getup cost you? Asking for a friend.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Start to finish, how much did your Rocketeer getup cost you? Asking for a friend.

PM sent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s a lot.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Do you want a new car or a jet pack? The choice is obvious.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Two things; the Christian Bale likeness on this ML Gorr figure is amazing and I made the mistake of commenting on a toy thread over at Reddit and I’d forgotten that a lot of people there suck. Y’all are awesome here keep it up.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

:smug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw Eternals figures for $6 at my local Target. I should grab a Phastos for gay solidarity.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'd (maybe) pay $6 for a Kingo, I like the purple.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I DID pick up Ikaris for $6

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a new 6-7 inch Godzilla line coming from Hiya Toys, based on the Monsterverse stuff.

The articulation is strange to me, because it is almost an exact copy of NECA engineering, just better sculpts. *almost* an exact copy because a few of the joints are still very NECA looking, but improved on. THen you have stuff like the arm joints which look dead on to what the NECA did.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1519828213568053249?s=20&t=6ghch8fe6t0gZ9EFmco29w

Holy hell... this is the JP T-rex figure I've dreamed of since I was a kid...

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The emphasis on the tongue articulation sure is a choice.

I think my original Jurassic Park T-Rex is still somewhere in my parent's house. I always had the tail bent down so it could stand up, there was a huge tear on one of the legs as the rubbery skin broke down and the electronics blew up such that the last time I tried to put a battery in it, it just kept playing the sounds looping.

A+++++ toy, hero of many play sessions

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Burkion posted:

There's a new 6-7 inch Godzilla line coming from Hiya Toys, based on the Monsterverse stuff.

The articulation is strange to me, because it is almost an exact copy of NECA engineering, just better sculpts. *almost* an exact copy because a few of the joints are still very NECA looking, but improved on. THen you have stuff like the arm joints which look dead on to what the NECA did.

Hiya figures have great sculpts but I never wanted to pay that much for figures that small. HOWEVER, they recently announce they're making figures of Judge Dredd and all four Dark Judges so I'm buying the poo poo out of those.

Nodosaur posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1519828213568053249?s=20&t=6ghch8fe6t0gZ9EFmco29w

Holy hell... this is the JP T-rex figure I've dreamed of since I was a kid...

Sold out.

:negative:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There’s a new Zur-En-Arrh Batman figure by McFarlane, and I love it.

My symbiote Spidey also came in the mail. Very good toy day.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm debating picking up the Static Arts statues for dress Tifa and Aerith, since it seems like they are roughly in scale with the FF7R PAK figures. I'd get the PAK versions, but like Shiroc already said, the joints are just so jarring on the elbows and knees. I've got some credit kicking around at a local store and it has both on preorder for the same price, so it seems like a decent option. This line sure is a slipperly slope, though. It started with just Cloud and then eventually Tifa. Then it mutated into just getting all of the main cast. Then Avalanche. Then the bike Jessie comes with. :retrogames:

Switching gears, would anyone be interested in an almost complete set of the NECA Turtles in Time wave? I have them all (All 4 Turtles, Shredder, Foot Soldier, Slash, and Baxter Stockman) still in the shipping boxes they came in, the only ones I don't have are Pirate Bebop and Pirate Rocksteady. They're great figures, but between the time I pre-ordered them and they got delivered, I ended up switching to the Super7 Turtles. I don't even know if it's worth it to buy them second hand, since it seems like they are still somewhat available on BBTS' site (there's a slight markup for some of them on BBTS now, but it might be a wash when you factor in shipping costs).

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

I'm debating picking up the Static Arts statues for dress Tifa and Aerith, since it seems like they are roughly in scale with the FF7R PAK figures. I'd get the PAK versions, but like Shiroc already said, the joints are just so jarring on the elbows and knees. I've got some credit kicking around at a local store and it has both on preorder for the same price, so it seems like a decent option. This line sure is a slipperly slope, though. It started with just Cloud and then eventually Tifa. Then it mutated into just getting all of the main cast. Then Avalanche. Then the bike Jessie comes with. :retrogames:

I was actually going to mention that earlier; I have given consideration to the Static Arts statues too. There are a few reasons I haven't gone that route, foremost being they actually cost more than the articulated ones (just looking at AmiAmi, that is), but also the Aerith and Tifa figures are kind of both in the same leaning-forward pose and I find it kind of silly. It just drives home the point that I collect action figures so I can pose them how I like, and that's not how I'd pose them. And lastly I just don't care that much about the dress versions. I'm fine with sticking to the main costume design for each character. Again, that is unless they do Cloud in a dress.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The lean forward goes a bit too far into "sexy pose," especially on Tifa since it looks really uncomfortable. Aerith looks more natural because it feels like her leaning forward and saying something to mess with Cloud. Its such a gorgeous dress in both the play arts and static arts styles though omg

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CPL593H posted:

Hiya figures have great sculpts but I never wanted to pay that much for figures that small. HOWEVER, they recently announce they're making figures of Judge Dredd and all four Dark Judges so I'm buying the poo poo out of those.

Sold out.

:negative:

The Hammond collection isn't even available in the UK and I'm gutted about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found those Hammond things at universal Hollywood city walk.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
korone nendoooooo

so she doesn't come with a bunch of yubi's(fingers) but she does come with one gigantic yubi. and the terrible dog doodle she drew is now in 3D, what a world. shame she doesn't come with some sort of video game controller or something, but I guess there's a figma kit for that

since I made this post a week ago:

Captain Invictus posted:

I have yet to buy a nendoroid(though I did preorder sans and papyrus) but I feel like I'm obligated to get the korone nendo, and

well, since okayu comes with a part so she and korone can hold hands, I guess I have to buy that one too :negative:

I'm very curious what accessories korone will come with. there's a million props she could have, from a christmas tree head to a bunch of human fingers to a polygonal skull. or it could just be normal stuff like a game controller and a basket of bread(because her backstory, I think, is that she works at a bakery).
good smile has announced like a dozen more nendos. then I went to their site and saw the nendoroid page has 28 pages of 20 figures per page, and it doesn't even show all of them, since checking the wikipedia, the first one was a Fate Stay Night character. so I googled how many nendos there are, and between 2006 and 2021 they released:

:psypop:

I've seen a bunch of nendos before but it's loving wild there's that many. and apparently there's like 7000 funko pops, but those are a fifth the price of your average nendo.

and going through their other stuff, there's a ton of figmas, I have a figma metroid prime samus and it's fantastic. but they also apparently have an entire line of figma fine art figures, like the thinker

and the vitruvian man, these promotional pics fuckin lmao

this is indeed a very dangerous rabbit hole

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo figma The Scream are you kidding me

these promo pics are incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Random question but what's the deal with The Fwoosh?

I assumed from the Youtube channel that is was Robo who ran it by himself but looking at the website and the forum and it seems like there's a full team? Is Robo the owner or just a member?

Not important, just curious.