Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Avatar 2 is going to make lower-tier Marvel money and “flop” because this time ticket sales won’t be inflated by another dumb bullshit gimmick.

Every time Cameron makes a movie people say it's gonna flop and yet they don't.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Heck, people have been saying the same about Marvel movies too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Oasx posted:

Heck, people have been saying the same about Marvel movies too.

And then they try to justify anything that doesn't crack a billion dollars is a flop because it features a minority character.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol the Daryl/Carol TWD spin-off/continuation will no longer have Carol cos the actress is leaving

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ride with Norman Reedus & Zombies

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Escobarbarian posted:

lol the Daryl/Carol TWD spin-off/continuation will no longer have Carol cos the actress is leaving

That's not what I read. The spinoff is filming in Europe and she is currently unable to spend 8 months in Europe.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Watched the first two episodes of Mythic Quest while avoiding watching the final episode of Our Flag Means Death (I do this with really good shows, it takes me a while to finally watch the finale) and I'm enjoying it, though I hope McElhenney eases up on acting like delusional Mac. Anyone else been keeping up with it? I see it has two seasons.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
It's a favourite here and the show only get's better.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Okay the new episode of Made For Love is so loving weird and late series Search Party energy, it's loving great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Z0GHWHe60

I'm not saying this is going to be good, but it's got a Roger Rabbit vibe so it might be good

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It will not be. Roger Rabbit was a passion project adapted from a beloved book by a great filmmaker in his prime. This is... not.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

Okay the new episode of Made For Love is so loving weird and late series Search Party energy, it's loving great.

I completely forgot this was coming back. Actually, I'm not sure I even knew it was, I don't think I saw any ads for it at all.

I only just watched the first season and really enjoyed it, though I feel like it also didn't get a lot of promotion when it came out. Watching it now made for an interesting pairing with Severance (and Upload).

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Z0GHWHe60

I'm not saying this is going to be good, but it's got a Roger Rabbit vibe so it might be good

This looks Amazing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Terrified at what happens when the internet sees whatever they do for Gadget.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

Terrified at what happens when the internet sees whatever they do for Gadget.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Last episode of Tokyo Vice was released on HBOMax. If you like mafia movies and shows, DO NOT sleep on this. What a fantastic series. It left a wide door open for season 2 and beyond. I cannot get enough of the Japanese Yakuza, the cops, the underworld, and newspapers. Great cast, fun to watch. Augh. So good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

The last few seasons have basically been a Daryl/Carol TWD spin-off/continuation.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Philthy posted:

Last episode of Tokyo Vice was released on HBOMax. If you like mafia movies and shows, DO NOT sleep on this. What a fantastic series. It left a wide door open for season 2 and beyond. I cannot get enough of the Japanese Yakuza, the cops, the underworld, and newspapers. Great cast, fun to watch. Augh. So good.

I mean I've played most of the Yakuza games, so I may have to check this out.

This scene makes the series

https://imgur.com/q2iXOAr

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Those turn out to be really nice manbabies, solid homies A++ do not judge a book by it's diapers

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Avatar 2 is going to make lower-tier Marvel money and “flop” because this time ticket sales won’t be inflated by another dumb bullshit gimmick.

They’ll still make 5 or 6 of these stupid things though because at this point Cameron has devoted literal decades of his life to an immensely stupid franchise that no one except those How To with John Wilson weirdos cares about.

Imagining betting against James loving Cameron.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s still going to make hundreds of millions of dollars, hence why I put “flop” in quotes. It just won’t make billions and finally cement itself as a franchise people give a poo poo about, which is what every major tentpole movie uses as a measure of success nowadays.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s still going to make hundreds of millions of dollars, hence why I put “flop” in quotes. It just won’t make billions and finally cement itself as a franchise people give a poo poo about, which is what every major tentpole movie uses as a measure of success nowadays.

AFAIK this is his passion project so he kinda doesn’t give a poo poo.

He got the movies made which is what he wanted.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1519801271556919296

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How are the late nites these days anyway? Conan was the only one I ever bothered to catch, and that was mostly youtube clips uploaded after the fact.

The one colbert does seems like it'd be the least bad, but whenever I've seen it, just felt like, Colbert: Chained.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Khanstant posted:

How are the late nites these days anyway? Conan was the only one I ever bothered to catch, and that was mostly youtube clips uploaded after the fact.

The one colbert does seems like it'd be the least bad, but whenever I've seen it, just felt like, Colbert: Chained.

Seth Meyers is pretty good. He covers the news well and has a really talented staff that he just let does whatever, Amber Ruffin is a delight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thing I remember hearing from a couple years ago is that the majority of late night is just interested in skits that they can spin off either onto their own shows or just to get popular on youtube.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That sounds terrible. I hate late night show skits. It's always some intern or D-list celebrity doing a terrible impression to make a lame joke about someone in the news.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I would love nothing more than for Craig Ferguson to come back or at least someone that has as much charisma and zero fucks to give as Craig did.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just started on WeCrashed. It seems pretty good so far one episode in, especially knowing the backstory thanks to Behind the Bastards' episode on Adam Neumann. There's definitely a lot there to hang a scandalous story on.

I guess my main comment is, Jared Leto sure is playing a convincing Tommy Wiseau

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Just started on WeCrashed. It seems pretty good so far one episode in, especially knowing the backstory thanks to Behind the Bastards' episode on Adam Neumann. There's definitely a lot there to hang a scandalous story on.

I guess my main comment is, Jared Leto sure is playing a convincing Tommy Wiseau

I gave up. It started fine, and Anne Hathaway's suplot is pretty loving great, but at some point I realised the central conclflit was the same every single episode, and the show was taking forever to get into a new groove.

Leto is a lizard person, he's great casting.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Russian Doll S1: Groundhog Day
Russian Doll S2: Assassin's Creed

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh man, the second season of The Flight Attendant is such a step down. It's so bad.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/vfarmstrong/status/1519022468282953732

https://twitter.com/DavidOpie/status/1518996537690492928

https://twitter.com/erinmartina/status/1518940732744155137

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1518948007521234951

The new season of Undone is out! I was worried how they were going to handle the ending to season 1, but I watched the first episodes, and my doubts were put to shame. I just hope they go back to the other timeline at some time.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 29, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh man, the second season of The Flight Attendant is such a step down. It's so bad.

Ok good I thought weed was impairing my judgment. Yeah really wasn’t into episodes 3 and 4 at all.

SimonChris posted:

The new season of Undone is out!

I also wasn’t really into the idea of a continuation but the premiere was great. More promising than Russian Doll s2 so far. I’m glad I didn’t watch any trailers because I was expecting no Odenkirk whatsoever and even if he goes away later this is already a great amount of him

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

I also wasn’t really into the idea of a continuation but the premiere was great. More promising than Russian Doll s2 so far. I’m glad I didn’t watch any trailers because I was expecting no Odenkirk whatsoever and even if he goes away later this is already a great amount of him

Odenkirk wasn't in any of the trailers or teaser clips at all. I guess they wanted to keep it a surprise.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I will have to re-watch the first season of Undone, I don't remember anything about it other than I think I liked it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It was one of my favorite shows that year!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I’m not in to cartoons myself

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The new Michael Showalter / Vanessa Brayer show, I Love That For You, is gonna be really good, I know it.

Strong Crazy Ex-Girlfriend vibes, just without the songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/liqnostalgia/status/1520047736246079488

Time and chance my friends