Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I gave up completely on Cornette when he called Justin Roberts a pedophile and kept alleging Riho was Kenny Omega's girlfriend(as if she'd stoop to dating nerds).

Alice was cool for a joyless atheist. I don't think she really enjoyed or watched modern wrestling at all. I offered to buy her some PWG DVDs but she declined.

Bryan Last was cool for a minute but once he figured out Jim yelling at clouds really drove the metrics, everything has been geared towards that. Plus the whole betraying Bix for his cool friend Jim Cornette was dumb and ugly.

If they replaced him with a new toady, that's pretty lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought justin roberts was a pedophile. anyway that stuff basically calling japanese women children was awful tho

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Lid posted:

Quoting from a reddit because I am not listing to Cornette for any reason

When reviewing the Sami Zayn match he went off on a rant about "how big of a* holes Sami and Kevin Owens were in ROH". He says "Sami said my stuff was cheesy"..then when talking about how bad this match was he says..."At least Owens was in the ring with stone cold" but the "loving the red headed ginger Muslim French Canadian here had to stooge for a god d**** brain damaged moron"

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1512212096381034500

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPg2D5ew-tg

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A: He liked it
B: It's very funny hearing him tie himself in knots trying to give the Bucks backhanded praise for 'not doing their gymnastics' when they did basically nothing they don't normally do (I think the only spot that was notably missing was the dive between Matt's legs after the wrecking ball dropkick) and the match was clearly as much a Bucks production as FTRs, just like the ROH one was a Briscoe match as much as an FTR one.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This was the best character in Caveman Games for the NES.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

same

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Mox should see a doctor, I don't think it's normal to bleed puzzle pieces.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/TheEmilJay/status/1514744309270171658

Has anyone ventured into the Cornzone long enough to find out what dribbled out of his brain hole?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
For me the jim cornette experience is 100% visual

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Saul Goode posted:

Has anyone ventured into the Cornzone long enough to find out what dribbled out of his brain hole?

he hates moxley, yuta is asian, doesn't pay attention or just forgets what happened so has missed like most of the story beats

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does Jim hate all Asian wrestling because I would have thought that old ajpw would have been up his alley

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beggar posted:

For me the jim cornette experience is 100% visual

I haven't heard his voice in ages but I have seen his South Parkified face far too often.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

Does Jim hate all Asian wrestling because I would have thought that old ajpw would have been up his alley

Do all the wrestlers have either karate or "mystical Asians" gimmicks?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Meltzer told a story once about watching AJPW with Jim in the 90s and Jim spending the entire show bitching about the matches having "no psychology"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jim thinks every tag match has to be book like this:

1) Faces start off strong
2) Heels cheat to get advantage
3) Heels beat down face; lots of missed face tags
4) Face finally gets hot tag
5) Decide if faces win, or heels cheat to win.

Any match that differs from said formula doesn't have psychology.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

A: He liked it
B: It's very funny hearing him tie himself in knots trying to give the Bucks backhanded praise for 'not doing their gymnastics' when they did basically nothing they don't normally do (I think the only spot that was notably missing was the dive between Matt's legs after the wrecking ball dropkick) and the match was clearly as much a Bucks production as FTRs, just like the ROH one was a Briscoe match as much as an FTR one.

He admitted they did most their spots 'but they kept it mostly in the ring' which is true, but some of stuff he liked best was shenanigans he usually shits on them for.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Very funny that FTR and the Bucks worked Cornette and his dork fans so hard.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also laughed during the match (or maybe it was the Top Flight match the week before) when Excalibur kind of backhandedly pointed out Matt still selling his back from like 6 years ago.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Jim thinks every tag match has to be book like this:

1) Faces start off strong
2) Heels cheat to get advantage
3) Heels beat down face; lots of missed face tags
4) Face finally gets hot tag
5) Decide if faces win, or heels cheat to win.

Any match that differs from said formula doesn't have psychology.

What I always wonder is if anyone besides Cornette enjoys this boring, rote poo poo.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

TV Zombie posted:

His main gimmick is that all asian wrestlers are just Kenny Omega's fetishized gently caress toys. Doesn't matter that Wheeler is only half-Japanese and American, he's still part of that group. He refuses to watch Hikaru Shida matches for the same reason. It's one of his more deranged stances.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Unperson_47 posted:

What I always wonder is if anyone besides Cornette enjoys this boring, rote poo poo.

I do, but just because he likes a basic set up with shine, heat, comeback doesn't mean every match is the same there are infinite variations.

But I also like modern wrestling and Japanese wrestling too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

I mean, people liked FTR/Bucks a lot, so yes? (Hint, every one of those things happened in that match)

The issue isn't the formula, it's Jim and his lot not being able to recognise that formula once you bring in more modern spots and moves.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, people liked FTR/Bucks a lot, so yes? (Hint, every one of those things happened in that match)

The issue isn't the formula, it's Jim and his lot not being able to recognise that formula once you bring in more modern spots and moves.

Especially because it follows some mythical perfect formula that was supposedly followed in Memphis or Mid-South or JCP. Spoiler: none of those promotions followed that formula exactly either.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The funniest part about young bucks and their matches is that they’re probably one of the more old school teams out there. Their psychology and the way they structure their matches are as traditional as it gets. They just like to do like cool fun exciting poo poo in their matches so it confuses old timers.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

This was more what I was getting at. There's tons of room for creativity in a match adhering to that formula but that room does not exist in Cornette's brain. Was just wondering if anyone else genuinely thinks wrestling was perfected in 1983. Cornette fans are fans of Cornette but are they fans of Cornette's idea of what wrestling should be?

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 16, 2022

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Cornette doesn't like wrestling, he is a spiteful hate-filled man. If wrestling was exactly like he proclaims it should be, then he would be complaining about how bad that wrestling is.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Well sure, because they wouldn't draw or work the marks as good as HE did back in his day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Unperson_47 posted:

This was more what I was getting at. There's tons of room for creativity in a match adhering to that formula but that room does not exist in Cornette's brain. Was just wondering if anyone else genuinely thinks wrestling was perfected in 1983. Cornette fans are fans of Cornette but are they fans of Cornette's idea of what wrestling should be?

That's what gets me about his crowd. If they genuinely think all wrestling done past the first Starrcade is awful, there are mountains of that content out there you could watch either on the Network or just on YouTube if you know where to look. Watch the stuff you enjoy, but... they don't actually enjoy wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is he suggesting Jungle Boy is gay or trans or whatever?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

Is he suggesting Jungle Boy is gay or trans or whatever?

I am told he says he hits like a girl.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

11 loving hours

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

11 loving hours

The most cursed thing is it is only part one

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Eat My Fuc posted:

11 loving hours

Holy poo poo

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Quinton Reviews looked at that runtime and thought "well that's a bit obsessive"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So did cornette sit down to rant for that length of time, or did a cornette fan go through his archive and cut out every mention of Cody and Brandi in his normal podcast and this is like a best-of

I would very much not like to listen to Jim cornette talk about anything, so I shan’t be finding out myself

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It has a current day intro portion that’s pretty long then it’s 19 hours including both parts of Cornette ranting about Cody and Brandi.

19 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

his omnibus' things are just a collection of every time he's talked about a thing and since he talked about AEW twice weekly for almost 3 years it's gonna be pretty long

the worst part is that someone went through and edited it and that people will listen to it. Also the first bit is him predicting Cody would book himself like Jeff Jarrett and kill the promotion and there were people in the comments talking about how prophetic that was??? Then I stopped listening but lol.