Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

uggy posted:

Lol American beer is far and away the best, it’s not even close

I haven't lived in the US for like a decade, and this is still legit unless you live in, like, Belgium or specific parts of Germany or Czechoslovakia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kalel posted:

where my vodka peeps at. please tell me we have cultured human beings itt

Yeah im an alcoholic too

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I still mostly just do shots when i get home from work but i think as i age ill graduate to drinking directly from the bottle like the kings out there do

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I like cider. As befits my druidic nature

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

fadam posted:

drat you guys drink alcohol fr?

super impressed by the goons that like various types of beers (all of them bad rear end types to drink), but also impressed by the goons that don't drink for various reasons

don't believe that anyone has mentioned liking to drink hard liquor but i imagine i'd find that very interesting to read about as well

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

greatZebu posted:

Logan Square

Actual Logan Square or one of the parts of Avondale and/or Hermosa and/or Belmont-Craigan that like to call themselves Logan Square? (I lived in one of those parts of Hermosa when I first moved to the city.)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The Goldspan Dragon deck reliably combos off turn 5 or 6 with the inclusion of Big Score.

Calling it now, that's the problem deck of the format.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I'll drink a whiskey, a vodka, a lager, or even a cider.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Froghammer posted:

The Goldspan Dragon deck reliably combos off turn 5 or 6 with the inclusion of Big Score.

Which deck is this?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Froghammer posted:

Turn 5 or 6? Pfft, that's late game

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

A Moose posted:

Which deck is this?
Izzet Tempo list. Main shell is Dragon's Fire, Fading Hope, Unexpected Windfall / Big Score, Goldspan Dragon, Galvatic Iteration, Alchemist's Gamble.

I've seen it go from an empty board turn 4 to EoT Unexpected Windfall into Goldspan into taking me tapped out from 20 to death without a response.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Hey Goons, I typically hate shilling my channel here but I'm like 100 subs away from hitting 10,000 on YouTube which is KIND OF A BIG THING so if you want hot EDH content please go sub:
https://www.youtube.com/c/CommanderMechanic/

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Do you sing the songs that remind us of the good times, or the songs that remind us of the better times?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Based on my assumption that you get knocked down and then back up again, so you run some sort of gimmicky lifegain deck?

I’m glad release day is here and I can buy me a couple of SNC packs to open. I’m not addicted, unlike you alcoholics in this thread!

IPAs are okay once in a while, but give me lagers, porters, stouts, or maltier ales. Also scotch.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

Actual Logan Square or one of the parts of Avondale and/or Hermosa and/or Belmont-Craigan that like to call themselves Logan Square? (I lived in one of those parts of Hermosa when I first moved to the city.)

Right near the Logan Square stop on the blue line. I'm not wise in the ways of Chicago neighborhoods yet, but so far I like it.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I like IPAs but I'd rather have a choice of more different styles of beer than a selection of 15 IPAs when I go to a beergarden.

If the New Wave Cafe is still there, that was my jam when I lived there. Good coffee, good food, comfy seats, board games and an N64 on a big TV in the evenings. Open late.

I've walked past New Wave a few times but haven't tried it yet--it looks great. Thanks for the suggestion :cheers:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Kids: can we have Death’s Shadow?
Mom: No! We have death’s shadow at home

The death’s shadow at home:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

th3t00t posted:

Kids: can we have Death’s Shadow?
Mom: No! We have death’s shadow at home

The death’s shadow at home:

enjoy your vanilla 7/7 in momir instead of Emrakul

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yuriko’s gonna kill me with that on top at least once

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
You could cut its mana cost in half and it’s still not as good as DS

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

fadam posted:

drat you guys drink alcohol fr?

Big no from me on the booze front, only drugs for this guy plz & TY

It's not just my choice, it's what everyone that has to be around me wants too!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

fadam posted:

Yuriko’s gonna kill me with that on top at least once

Brewing up a Sorin Suicide list

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Can you An Offer You Can't Refuse your own uncounterable spell and get two treasure tokens from it? or would it fizzle and not do anything?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Can you An Offer You Can't Refuse your own uncounterable spell and get two treasure tokens from it?

Sure can!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well that seems pretty dang useful as an alternative

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ho-lee poo poo I'm opening some collector packs because I'm a sucker and I had heard of the "gold foil" style cards you can get in new capenna packs, and these are loving SLICK looking in person.

the showcase gold border is almost textured, slightly raised off the card even, is chrome gold and looks extremely nice. there's slight regular foiling to the artwork itself but not the rest of the card it seems, which again, looks much nicer than regular foils that are just foiling glommed over the entire surface of the card.

verrrrrry nice, this is the sort of "premium foil" I want to see more of, this and the commander legends etched foil style. I don't think these will pringle, either, since it's not the whole drat card that's foiled, just select spots. love it.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Captain Invictus posted:

ho-lee poo poo I'm opening some collector packs because I'm a sucker and I had heard of the "gold foil" style cards you can get in new capenna packs, and these are loving SLICK looking in person.

the showcase gold border is almost textured, slightly raised off the card even, is chrome gold and looks extremely nice. there's slight regular foiling to the artwork itself but not the rest of the card it seems, which again, looks much nicer than regular foils that are just foiling glommed over the entire surface of the card.

verrrrrry nice, this is the sort of "premium foil" I want to see more of, this and the commander legends etched foil style. I don't think these will pringle, either, since it's not the whole drat card that's foiled, just select spots. love it.

Yeah, I was super impressed by those too. They look loving awesome.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I got a Maestros Charm in that showcase gold border and it definitely caught my attention.

Yah. Make more of those wotc

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Those do sound very nice, but it's giving me big "Tasteful thickness... my god it's even embossed" vibes, in the best way

Honestly I think my favorite card treatment they've done period is the old bordered cards from MH2. I just love the old borders so much :shobon:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the etched foil Commander cards from Commander horizons looked really good, are they doing the same thing here for snc?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

kalel posted:

the etched foil Commander cards from Commander horizons looked really good, are they doing the same thing here for snc?

I think they're saving it for Commander Legends 2 in a couple months

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kalel posted:

I got the worst possible etched foil, the Scheming Fence, and the etched foiling is absolute dogshit looking in this set

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Those do sound very nice, but it's giving me big "Tasteful thickness... my god it's even embossed" vibes, in the best way
I wouldn't disagree, but it seriously does look super nice and isn't overbearing

you can get a common gilded foil for like 50 cents on tcgplayer, grab one and check it out

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's kinda funny that Rabble Rousing has that hideaway text on it because it would be one of the dumbest limited cards ever printed if you just erased it all off...

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

mcmagic posted:

It's kinda funny that Rabble Rousing has that hideaway text on it because it would be one of the dumbest limited cards ever printed if you just erased it all off...

Yeah that card is straight up unbeatable lmao

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Hey, since the graveyard is the most important, most used resource is basically every format but standard, is there any such thing as "graveyard protection"? Anti-gy hate tech?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A Moose posted:

Hey, since the graveyard is the most important, most used resource is basically every format but standard, is there any such thing as "graveyard protection"? Anti-gy hate tech?

There are cards like Silent Gravestone that make cards in graveyards untargetable, or stuff like Leyline of Sanctity that gives you hexproof can protect against player-targeting stuff that would hit your graveyard.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Make your deck not use the graveyard and then mb strong hate pieces like rip

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

A Moose posted:

Ground Seal would actually stop targeted exiles like Deathrite Shaman or whatever.

Technically you can use Endurance on yourself if you're crazy enough.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There is pretty much nothing you can do to outhate cards like rest in peace besides countering or proactively destroying them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For those planning on cracking packs, I think New Capenna Set Boosters are the best set boosters they've done so far. remember them touting "the list" and then it turned out 99% of it was absolute bottom of the barrel trash garbage commons like Urborg Panther, and maybe one or two cards in the entire list was worth a drat? well it seems the new list is much more tightly focused, and it appears that it's ALL RARES/MYTHICS. I have opened two set boxes and not gotten a single common or uncommon in the list slot.

in addition, the list absolutely vomits the replacement Stranger Things cards at you, in a single box I got these list cards and not-stranger things cards:

and the frequency of mythics is pretty decent too for the regular capenna cards. in one box I got 2 foil mythics and a foil showcase giada in addition to the regular mythics. not bad at all, though the foiling on the three of them is...muted, at best

triome frequency seems to be between 2-4 per box, based on opening two boxes, but I'll be cracking the rest of the case and will report back.

did not see a single Gilded Foil card in either set box, it was mentioned someone here got one in theirs, but I'm not sure if they got a regular foil showcase frame and thought that's what that was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Froghammer posted:

I saw it once, it just sort of played as a lovely control deck, took an extra turn, dropped a dragon and then died to some goblins + burn. What's the actual combo, just big treasure mana and extra copied turns?