Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
getting a little tired of the bag of mids i bought a year ago (!!!)

anything I ought to try looking for while there are still deals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Cabbages and Kings posted:

lol yea ask me about 2000ml jars of, basically, lab moonshine

i have em all over the property

when I worked in wet lab stuff we had 200 proof (undenatured) ethanol that costed like $10 a gallon. would slip a little bit home every once in a while but it tasted awful. now I miss it :(

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I do not miss working with chloroform at all though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Haven't smoked in a month, just got tired of it, but looking forward to ending the break at some point when I'm feeling it again

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Good soup! posted:

Haven't smoked in a month, just got tired of it, but looking forward to ending the break at some point when I'm feeling it again

hell yeah, do what you want to do

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
My imagination ran away from me while I was stoned and K couldn't stop imagining that I had made a terrible Les Mis inspired musical set in present day Vancouver. The chief conflict was laws surrounding the views from parks and skyline.

I posted a youtube link here and everyone was just brutally destroying me, owning me to the point of obliteration over "I, Who Also Look At The Sun," a musical number that someone discovered I sang backup vocals for. Poor and rich people were singing what they thought of as they watched the sunset, and it was just this naive bullshit about how the wicked rich see the sun and think of terrible things, just terrible things!! So loving embarrassing.

In the end someone printed my newbie avatar out onto sheet metal and melted it down, then poured it into a poop mold.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
That's a 10/10 weed reverie

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Man, the only flights of fancy I got while high is realizing I haven't seen one of my cats all day and scouring the house for them and thinking they got outside and ran away only to have her saunter out of the bathroom like 30 minutes later. I would kill to imagine getting owned over writing a cringe musical.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the last time I really sent myself into outer space I laid on my couch and watched the sunlight hit a fold in the curtains I found it so beautiful I got pretty emotional about it. A wonderful weed memory that I still think about months later.

anyway I didn't grow at all last year and still have 1.5+ lbs of buds plus however much offcuts + shake, but also my friend gave me a packet of jack herer seeds that he can't stop gushing about so I've got a few of those awaiting planting right now. Way late start to the season but spring here has been so hosed up there wasn't really a good time to start until this week. I guess I'll just pray for a warm fall and let them go absolutely as long as I can. If they produce anything at all I think I'm going to get one of those nug smashers and turn the stuff I have now into goo. Of all the problems you can have, having an annoying amount of weed sitting around isn't too bad.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

If they produce anything at all I think I'm going to get one of those nug smashers and turn the stuff I have now into goo. Of all the problems you can have, having an annoying amount of weed sitting around isn't too bad.

I just did some of that today it’s quite relaxing 😌

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
any of you fellow degenerates ever use testclear urine? I'm asking for a friend who has a drug test soon (myself).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cloks posted:

any of you fellow degenerates ever use testclear urine? I'm asking for a friend who has a drug test soon (myself).

TCC had a dedicated drug testing megathread that might be helpful

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2607317&pagenumber=88#lastpost

Lots of people posting what worked for them.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Cloks posted:

I don't know about test clear, but before you do anythingI'd say to make sure the testing panel they're going to run actually includes THC, I spent 4 months detoxing before my current job converted me from contract to hire and it turns out they don't even screen for weed

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cloks posted:

kept reading this at testicular urine and nodding because pee is stored in the balls

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cloks posted:

“golden flask” ~$50. microwave for 7sec, stick to the inside of your thigh with the supplied hand warmer stuck to the other side

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just get the 1 dollar pectin product from the drug testing thread and then spend the remaining 49 dollars on weed.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Simply get fired from your fash job and find one that doesn't test

Easy as

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
tcc has come through with meticulous details :toot:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

67g of ABV, 2/3 a large jar of coconut oil, time to strain out some super oil for edibles

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Red Baron posted:

67g of ABV, 2/3 a large jar of coconut oil, time to strain out some super oil for edibles

this is cool, how do i learn how to do this

i guess i could also do this with a shitload of trim

the milk machine has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Apr 29, 2022

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Good luck, I found ABV a huge waste of time but I support your efforts!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Red Baron posted:

drink it or you're not a real stoner

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

He uses the kids' barricades, to barricade himself from the kids. I AM NOT STUCK OUT THERE WITH YOU, YOU ARE STUCK OUT THERE.... WITHOUT ME, HA!

We're in bloom, 5-6 weeks to :420: DOOM DOOM DOOM

I still can't believe my 2022 outdoor stuff is this big already. I looked at pictures from last year, I am 40 days ahead. 40 loving extra days of veg? If these don't get hosed up I'm gonna need ratchet straps to tie 'em

empty whippet box posted:

I have several times ended up with a shot-glass worth of 200proof with some amount of THC in it. I have on a couple occaisions attempted to drink same. It's amazing the way in which my body just straight rejects it and denies me access to the swallow mechanism.

This is even more puzzling when I consider that I've managed to down shots of everclear 190 a couple times, but, that 5% really makes a difference.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Apr 29, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

i asked my employer and it won't be an issue if i test positive, as long as i have my medical card

I'm relieved but continue to be let down by America's regressive marijuana politics

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

the milk machine posted:

this is cool, how do i learn how to do this

i guess i could also do this with a shitload of trim

that is at least some trim, but mostly it was stuff I’d run through my vapes a few times and was pretty brown/black.

I just dumped it in that bag with the coconut oil, vacuum sealed it, and let it sit in a 190 degree water bath for a few hours.

if you’re doing it with fresh anything decarb it first. (in the oven at like ~175-200 for an hour or so.)

empty whippet box posted:

I will sometimes take the leftover infused oil and cut a little “pizza slice” out and just eat it when I’m too lazy to make it into “real” food.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Red Baron posted:

that is at least some trim, but mostly it was stuff I’d run through my vapes a few times and was pretty brown/black.

I just dumped it in that bag with the coconut oil, vacuum sealed it, and let it sit in a 190 degree water bath for a few hours.

if you’re doing it with fresh anything decarb it first. (in the oven at like ~175-200 for an hour or so.)

I will sometimes take the leftover infused oil and cut a little “pizza slice” out and just eat it when I’m too lazy to make it into “real” food.

thank you red baron o7

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

gonna smoke some weed when i get home,

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Cloks posted:

i asked my employer and it won't be an issue if i test positive, as long as i have my medical card

I'm relieved but continue to be let down by America's regressive marijuana politics

the mission impossible poo poo i have had to do to pass weed drug tests is so dumb

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
God bless you CBC Music for The Block, some genuine jams tonight. :canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5ylC542NI

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Red Baron posted:

i'm a noob but why can't you decarb weed in a water bath but can in oven at same temperature? something about air vs vacuum maybe? pls educate me

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E hmm

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

i'm a noob but why can't you decarb weed in a water bath but can in oven at same temperature? something about air vs vacuum maybe? pls educate me

I think you can? I made a lot of brownies in my college dorm making cannabutter by double boiling the weed in a mason jar with butter and water in it (and the top on to contain the smell). you then filter the weed parts out, put it in the fridge, and the butter seperates out.

decarbing is easier than a lot of people give it credit for. you can like do it in the oven all seriously but you can also just sautee weed with vegetables in olive oil, firecrackers, heat concentrates w/ coconut oil til it boils on a spoon then slurp...

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
decarbing weed in the oven works fine if you're careful not to burn it; I do it all the time if I'm making shatter that's destined to become tincture because I find it less obnoxious to decarboxylate weed than pure oil.

it'll also make your house reek of weed which a sealed sous vide may not? and I am sure it's harder to burn stuff if you're using water, since you'd need to let all the water evaporate before you had a problem

like when my wife made macaroni when she was drunk and feel asleep on the couch and woke up to the sweet smell of scorching wheat and a red hot pot...

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

500 good dogs posted:

you can, I assumed the person I was replying to might want to go “traditional prep” and wouldn’t have a water bath.

I would think you could decarb in a pot on the stove in the oil you’re infusing if you were careful to manage the temp. but because that sounds like a lot of work it’s easier to decarb first in the oven, then just toss it in the oil in a pot to infuse for a while on a low burner setting.

but really you should just be using already vaped weed because you’ve done the work to decarb it while you were getting high, stoner science maaaaan :okpos:

but as mentioned it’s really easy to do however just be careful and trust yourself.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

RW discovering what everyone itt has known forever

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Red Baron posted:

I would think you could decarb in a pot on the stove in the oil you’re infusing if you were careful to manage the temp. but because that sounds like a lot of work it’s easier to decarb first in the oven, then just toss it in the oil in a pot to infuse for a while on a low burner setting.

I think it's actually vastly easier to just toss flower into water + butter or water + oil, simmer 2-3 hours making sure to not evaporate all the oil, and then just filter it, toss it in the freezer, wait for the oil to seperate and pour out the water. This works great and is easier than dicking with decarbing flower.

The reason I decarb flower is, if you make cannabutter you are substantially limited in how concentrated you can make it, by basic physical properties of how much space the flower consumes, etc, and the actual strength of the end product is semi unknown. Going the direction I go (decarb weed in oven, used closed loop ethanol extraction to get to a pure decarbed oil, weigh it, then add 1g per 30ml of MCT coconut oil), I end up with a product that always has ~33mg of cannabis oil per ml. This is much stronger than what I can get with butter, and also substantially easier to dose. I've tripled this before to get 100mg/ml because a normal oral dose for me is 2-300mg, but that's astronomical for normies and I mostly make tincture for other people.

If you're just making butter or cooking and don't care about having it hyper concentrated, though, gently caress all that noise and just add weed to boiling water with butter in it, simmer on low for 2 hours, presto.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
is it possible to make cannabis distillate by pyrolysing whole plants? you would just have to capture whatever gasses off and distill that, right? probably won't end up with too much charcoal, but plenty of biochar for soil amendment.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

a normal oral dose for me is 2-300mg

:staredog:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

cannabis tolerance scales fast, I am a poor oral metabolizer, and when the costs approaches zero and supply approaches limitless, it's easy to just eat a lot of decarb

it's one reason I mostly only make tinctures for other people, it's not an efficient ROA for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

I think it's actually vastly easier to just toss flower into water + butter or water + oil, simmer 2-3 hours making sure to not evaporate all the oil, and then just filter it, toss it in the freezer, wait for the oil to seperate and pour out the water. This works great and is easier than dicking with decarbing flower.

The reason I decarb flower is, if you make cannabutter you are substantially limited in how concentrated you can make it, by basic physical properties of how much space the flower consumes, etc, and the actual strength of the end product is semi unknown. Going the direction I go (decarb weed in oven, used closed loop ethanol extraction to get to a pure decarbed oil, weigh it, then add 1g per 30ml of MCT coconut oil), I end up with a product that always has ~33mg of cannabis oil per ml. This is much stronger than what I can get with butter, and also substantially easier to dose. I've tripled this before to get 100mg/ml because a normal oral dose for me is 2-300mg, but that's astronomical for normies and I mostly make tincture for other people.

If you're just making butter or cooking and don't care about having it hyper concentrated, though, gently caress all that noise and just add weed to boiling water with butter in it, simmer on low for 2 hours, presto.

:-O this is awesome

you seem like you might know the answer to this but is there a ceiling on the amount of “infusion” you can get to some amount of a fatty substance? that is, what’s the most power I can pack into some arbitrary smallest amount of oil/butter?

try as I might I can’t seem to find any “real” answer to this, just lots of speculative weed science, but I would like to know if I’m ever going to be adding too much ABV to my oil/butter by weight.

(I suspect the answer is “you won’t really reach it without specialized extraction measures” based on my own experiences, but I just can’t confirm it.)