Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Gaius Marius posted:

I bounced on it hard. Just nothing happening for too long

Yea supposedly according to reviews it doesn’t pick up till the second and especially third part.

The world building is intriguing enough to keep me going though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Finally hit Refrain in Little Busters

If this game wasn't so highly recommended I'd have dropped it toward the start. It just wasn't doing it for me. It took until probably the 3rd route for me to really become invested, and now I'm utterly hooked

I'm *pretty* sure I've puzzled out the general twist here - it's all a dream world on repeat, and it sprung up due to an accident during a school trip, probably on June 20th, and the Kyousoke is trying to prepare the group to live without him - but the specifics still elude me. It reminds me of playing Steins;Gate where I find myself fascinated by the rules of how the world works

It's a lot of fun. Haven't cried yet despite the genre. If anything, the heroine problems - save for Rin's - have been so outrageous it's been kinda hard to take seriously. But I really love these lil' busters

WarpDogs fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 26, 2022

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Yea that was my similar experience. I think it was the second route I did (Mio) that started to get me really invested, and appreciate more what they were doing.

And Refrain totally knocked me on my rear end in the end. Now I understand why that route is regarded so highly. That and Clannad After Story fight it out with fans for most beloved route in a Key game.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I've seen people really talk up Clannad, but I can't get over all the character portraits looking like "Big Mouth, but anime". Does the Steam version let you change the art like the Steam versions of Higurashi do (or if not, is the game truly good enough to deal with the ugly art)?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Refrain is good but the path to get there is real hit or miss for me, a lot of those routes just felt really superfluous and almost tacked on after the fact rather than an organic part of the story. Which to be fair all Key VNs I think exhibit that to a degree but (Kappei in CLANNAD anyone?) but I think LB had it pretty rough. That said I've always meant to go back to it to play the extra routes that got added later.

Read After Burning posted:

I've seen people really talk up Clannad, but I can't get over all the character portraits looking like "Big Mouth, but anime". Does the Steam version let you change the art like the Steam versions of Higurashi do (or if not, is the game truly good enough to deal with the ugly art)?
No. It's not too hard to get used to honestly, though alternatively one could just watch the KyoAni anime which both touches it up a tiny bit and might actually be an overall better version of the story in a lot of ways.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 26, 2022

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
And finished. I didn't realize Refrain was so short! Or, to say it more accurately, I didn't realize I'd play in nonstop and that the sun would set without me realizing it!

Dang, what a totally satisfying route that was. It thoroughly addressed every question I had, characters reacted in heartbreakingly realistic ways, and it was extremely compelling. The twist was so much more touching and "smaller" (in a good way!) than I thought it'd be

Part of me speculates as to whether I'd like or hate if the ending had remained a bummer. I don't think I actually want that, but I still wonder if it'd be stronger.

If anyone bounced off Little Busters like me and thought the slice-of-life stuff was kinda meh, I'd absolutely recommend pushing through it. It's worth it. It's also worth knowing each route is pretty substantially different from each other, so if one didn't click for you there's still a good chance the others will. And you owe it to yourself to play through Refrain. Just ride that Skip button

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Nate RFB posted:

No. It's not too hard to get used to honestly, though alternatively one could just watch the KyoAni anime which both touches it up a tiny bit and might actually be an overall better version of the story in a lot of ways.

Ah, thank you!

Your avatar reminds me that I'm excited to play Omori on the Switch. :kiddo:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Looking up Little Busters things now that I don't need to fear spoilers, and I hate learning that there was a version with sex scenes. yikes!

I get that was a trope or expectation of the era, but it is still shockingly inappropriate! It'd be like putting a sex scene in Bridge to Terabithia

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shut the gently caress up Rena

Ain't nothing as suspicious as a festival

Hmm, so they dump their beds and clothing in the river. Generally you wash things and it become symbologically clean. The clothing could be anything, violence or other greed. The beds is probably sexual crimes of some kind. Thinking about the labor of Heracles and the biblical flood. The marsh is supposed to be filled with demons. The dam almost flooded the town, and now they have a festival of cleansing, yearly. Let's try and put this together. The town has a demon filled marsh, and they feel the need to have a cleansing when it's unleashed. Higurashi means Cicada an insect that buries under the ground for years until popping out. Something is buried under the marsh water in the ground that comes out every X number of years. The government, or a secret Umbrella company faked the need for a Dam to build a facility to Mine? out the thing under the ground. Shot in the dark but the end of the game will be the main cast sitting at the Top of the Mountain at the Shrine with the whole town submerged.

Anyways Rena. The split personality implication, her people pleasing tendencies, and her collection of trash point to someone traumatized. Let's look at the Trash for a second Rena.jpg, okay and now what she's collected. She got Mr.Sanders some other poo poo, and a Fake Dumbo. All western, and all signs pointing towards a different type of culture. And escape in Dumbo's case. She's also the only other person who came to...The village whose name I forgot. if we take the two tales about the village, they'res probably some shady shady poo poo going on in the traditional culture. So the idea of that repressive traditional culture is contrasted with her colllection of western things. There's another thing but I forgot

Anyways so about the town. If we look at the games we've seen them play it's odd that such a small class is so competitive. Including the entire club being ready and willing to cheat. I'm guessing the games are all foreshadowing. Furthermore it might be some sort of Lottery situation, except not because it's one where you compete in some way. I'm thinking Zombie Tag and the secret from Deadly Premonition.

Mion is A. the best of the cast so far, I would chill with her, nobody else. Her refering to herself as an old man though. We looking at a Timeloop, A fake Teen, or some sort of Fuckery.

I don't have a read on Satoko or the blue haired girl other than my own Uminekoian preconceptions

gently caress this demon fight poo poo

Nobodies ever heard of these card games

Satoko sees right through Kei's perversion. Either she's got ESP, not likely Or her best asset is her ability to read people, likely. Or it's a joke
Take off your scarf and your socks dumbass. It's like you never played Zork:Grand Inquisitor
Stupid

Satoko as a little sister. Perhaps she is a little sister?

Truly no one man should have all this Power
Ye also talks about killing himself on POWER, the thematic parallels between him and Kei are impossible to ignore at this point

Hello Fellow kids, it's me the not shadygentleman
Wonder how they know eachother.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

it only just hit me how early you are still

and Rena is already living in your head rent free?

I'm excited for you, user Gaius Marius

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

holy moly we are getting another Utawarerumono this year and it's a simultaneous release on PC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1962430/Monochrome_Mobius_Rights_and_Wrongs_Forgotten/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0nPDrwnA9k

It may very well not even be a VN anymore, though hard to say given a trailer like this. The battle system is turn-based JRPG looks like.

Dunno why they went with a completely incomprehensible name, particularly when it seems heavily connected to the Mask games. It has to be a prequel, though hints of something more. They knew what they were doing when they added a line about "hazard pay" to the trailer

Uta rules and I hope this rules, too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
kinda hosed up to see an aquaplus game with money behind it

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I’m not sure my heart is ready for this haha. (Series spoiler) seeing Oshtor is just…ugh

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

The stuff they're doing in engine is great. Lots of choreography and action. I remember being impressed at how unafraid they were to depict scenes in-engine in the previous games. To see this carry over on a higher budget is exciting

I'm curious how long it's been in development

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

WarpDogs posted:

Dunno why they went with a completely incomprehensible name, particularly when it seems heavily connected to the Mask games. It has to be a prequel, though hints of something more. They knew what they were doing when they added a line about "hazard pay" to the trailer

According to Gematsu's translation of a Famitsu interview, it's apparently some kind of brand identity thing:

quote:

Regarding why Monochrome Mobius does not bear the Utawarerumono name: "The name Utawarerumono has started to become the title of a theme rather than that of a work, and we felt it’s become an expression for a great man whose name will leave a mark on history."
"We’re also tackling various new challenges with this latest entry, so we want it be seen as something all-new."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

WarpDogs posted:

The stuff they're doing in engine is great. Lots of choreography and action. I remember being impressed at how unafraid they were to depict scenes in-engine in the previous games. To see this carry over on a higher budget is exciting

Oh for sure yeah, it's just also, wow what the heck.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna be annoyed if this is another SRW30 situation and only the Steam version gets an official English release.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Posting here as I start re-reading what I've already been through in Umineko (1-6) and I want to organize my thoughts and questions.

1.) I'm pretty sure the murders/tragedy are caused by Shannon. She's been on Rokkenjima long enough to both hear about and influence the rumors of Beatrice, there's something tremendously off about her supposed relationship with George, her real name is Sayo or some other goroawase representation of "34" (seriously, what the hell does R07 have against that number?), and the game makes clear that her and Kanon have some kinda yin-yang thing going on. But why?

2,) Where/what is Kuwadora or whatever the hidden witch's mansion is called? Who knows about it? Is it actually connected to the gold?

3.) Speaking of the gold, what's the answer to the witch's riddle? I know it doesn't really matter, just that the gold actually seems to exist, and the riddle is apparently solvable even by an idiot like Battler, but still, it's a weird missing piece.

4.) Who the gently caress even is Battler? "Battler is Battler" or something like that, but....also, he's not? Is the 'real' Battler the one who called Natsuhi or what the gently caress?

5.) Okay, so even knowing that Kinzo's been dead and gone for ages, there's still the big clue that there are only X people on Rokkenjima during the tragedy, I honestly don't even remember how big the cast is *supposed* to be. Tied to #1 above, I'm pretty convinced it's Shannon and Kanon being the same person but I have no idea how/why/anything.

6.) This is probably a minor thing overall but still, how are all the locked room issues resolved? There's a lot of blue text shotgunning that seems to take care of most/all of them, but still, the big one in Episode 6 (or maybe 5???) that the game beats you over the head with over and over with has me convinced I'm missing something.

7.) gently caress Rosa. This isn't even a question or thought related to the mystery, just, gently caress, they're awful.

8.) How does Angie figure into anything at all?1

Gaaaaah. I feel like I'm really close to everything clicking into place, like I have all the puzzle pieces and I have a vague feeling of how they all fit together, but gently caress if I know what the picture they make is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dont want to spoil and don't like, stop reading if you don't actually know, but solving the ep6 locked room puzzle is a big thing and you're close to solving it

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
At the same time, EP 7 answers a lot of your questions.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Other questions I thought up:

9.) What's the deal with the magical doubles of a lot of the characters? Like, I already am very convinced there is something weird going on with Shannon and Kanon, but Genji is Ronove (literally, the first Episode's TIPS mention that Ronove is his first name and then expect you to forget about it by the time Ronove shows up as a character....?), Virgilia is....someone... What's going on there? Is it just another perspective on things, some kind of red herring?

10.) Does Bernkastel actually know the rules of the game, or are they just tormenting Battler? I thought they understood it all but the end of 6 with whatever Eua's name in Umineko is kind of implies that they actually didn't. (Also, refresh my memory, what's her name here?)

11.) Why can't it be seen without love? What is "it"??

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Rockman Reserve posted:

(Also, refresh my memory, what's her name here?)

Featherine "AuAu" Augustus Aurora

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rockman Reserve posted:

https://youtu.be/ZG_k5CSYKhg

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of Aquaplus, I managed to find a PC version of Tenerezza, that one JP exclusive Xbox game that goes for $150-$200 secondhand. I spent a morning trying to figure out their compression format, but only got so far. It's evidently been broken before as per an HD patch, but they left no information behind on how they managed to unpack the files.

Alas.

Edit: Thought this was the RPG thread, but I guess it's tangentially related. Oh well. It's been a long day. :sigh:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rockman Reserve posted:

9.) What's the deal with the magical doubles of a lot of the characters? Like, I already am very convinced there is something weird going on with Shannon and Kanon, but Genji is Ronove (literally, the first Episode's TIPS mention that Ronove is his first name and then expect you to forget about it by the time Ronove shows up as a character....?), Virgilia is....someone... What's going on there? Is it just another perspective on things, some kind of red herring?

lmao

hint
You've just read an entire episode about love. Use that love to SEE

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 28, 2022

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Sadly I actually finished 6 way back in February of last year, installed the fanpatch for the Question Arcs and started re-reading 1... which I then got distracted from until now (hey, Umineko episodes are long). My memory of most of the specifics of most of the episodes is pretty hazy right now. That....did give me some freaking ideas though.

Is the one-winged eagle at all relevant to people's magical anime personas? I had been thinking Virgilia might be Kyrie but honestly that was based on nothing but hair color (lol), but if only people that can wear the eagle have doubles that kinda kills that theory.

And here's a weird non-story question - there's like a chapter/scene select in Umineko when you finish an Episode, right? Or is it just when you finish a whole arc? Does it unlock if you just hit Unlock on all the episodes? My initial playthrough was on Steam but my modded copy is on GoG so I don't have my save files handy, I'm wondering if I can just unlock everything and jump around to stuff I specifically want to check.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Only in the most symbological sense in that a one winged eagle has an implicit and hidden second half that isn't shown.

Also no, no scene select

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
There's totally a scene select once you've finished an episode, just begin it from the start again and answer to cast the time magic or whatever it asks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wait what

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
This prompt:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Rockman Reserve posted:

Sadly I actually finished 6 way back in February of last year, installed the fanpatch for the Question Arcs and started re-reading 1... which I then got distracted from until now (hey, Umineko episodes are long). My memory of most of the specifics of most of the episodes is pretty hazy right now. That....did give me some freaking ideas though.

Is the one-winged eagle at all relevant to people's magical anime personas? I had been thinking Virgilia might be Kyrie but honestly that was based on nothing but hair color (lol), but if only people that can wear the eagle have doubles that kinda kills that theory.

And here's a weird non-story question - there's like a chapter/scene select in Umineko when you finish an Episode, right? Or is it just when you finish a whole arc? Does it unlock if you just hit Unlock on all the episodes? My initial playthrough was on Steam but my modded copy is on GoG so I don't have my save files handy, I'm wondering if I can just unlock everything and jump around to stuff I specifically want to check.
What are your thoughts on what happened during the first few chapters? Who killed who how each day? Getting a loose theory for that is generally where people feel most satisfied moving onto C7.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

No Wave posted:

What are your thoughts on what happened during the first few chapters? Who killed who how each day? Getting a loose theory for that is generally where people feel most satisfied moving onto C7.

Uh....uh....a witch?? But more seriously it's frustrating, every theory I come up with has a flaw or impossibility somewhere. I'll figure it out, though....

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Rockman Reserve posted:

Uh....uh....a witch?? But more seriously it's frustrating, every theory I come up with has a flaw or impossibility somewhere. I'll figure it out, though....
You can start with whatever chapter you remember best and just work through some of the reds. Your theory doesn't have to be perfect or anything, it can just help doing one chapter at a time.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

fez_machine posted:

lmao

hint
You've just read an entire episode about love. Use that love to SEE

honestly the more I think about this the more I wonder if Battler himself is someone's double....George? It would kind of explain the Battler isn't Battler/Battler is Battler dichotomy, and would fit nicely with my theory that Shannon is the Golden Witch and "Battler"'s sin of forgetting....something would be some promise George made to her (maybe at the aquarium scene?)....but also, like, he has parents and exists off of Rokkenjima and kind of screws with the idea that there's only one less person than there should be on the island, since 6 made it pretty clear that only Kanon or Shannon can survive and get their wish. I just dunno. It does seem to fit with some other stuff about the doubled characters, that the magical version is an ideal version of them that shores up their personal failings - Ronove is a younger and more capable version of Genji who isn't afraid to use his wit, Beatrice could be a powerful and respected version of Shannon, and Battler could be someone charismatic and liked despite being dumb as rocks who is just too pigheaded to give up no matter the odds.

No Wave posted:

You can start with whatever chapter you remember best and just work through some of the reds. Your theory doesn't have to be perfect or anything, it can just help doing one chapter at a time.

The real problem with this is a lot of the discussion - especially for the earlier chapters - takes place later in other episodes interspersed with other stuff, it makes it a paiiiin to track down.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You're thinking too hard about the wrong things man

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I kinda figured, but it's bugging me.

e: man you can tell Eva's voice actor is having a loving blast with things, she's just dripping with venom and spite when she wants to be nasty.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 29, 2022

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Umineko 8

It's been ages since I last did this. I started ep 8 months ago straight after finishing 7 but bounced off the Halloween party arc. Then I powered through that only to bounce off the purple truth logic puzzle. Instead, I went back over episode 7 again, took some time to come up with an anwer I liked for most of the murders in 1-4, and probably would have ended up leaving it there but the recent Umineko posting gave me another push to see it through. I haven't finished yet, but having just had the big anime battle against the goat army and lots of pontificating about The Truth it feels like I'm fairly close to the end. Random thoughts:

- I think the Halloween party has been the game's writing at its weakest unfortunately. It's an issue you run into with ensemble casts (the Trails games come to mind for some reason) where every scene has to have every single character remind you they're there, but there's no actual character development left to do so it just drags and drags. And god knows Ryukishi won't say something once if he can say it 3 times. Isn't it sweet how Ange brings everyone together? Isn't it wholesome but also bittersweet to see the Ushiromiyas as a functioning family for once? Aren't these anime girls in leotards so wacky? :regd08: Also why is Erika everyone's friend now? I get wanting everyone on the same page for the grand finale, but she literally tried to torture and rape Battler for eternity

- The whole purple truth mystery feels a bit off when you try to put it in the broader context. After a whole series emphasising how a mystery without a human aspect is empty, and how characters are more than just pieces on a game board, we get a mystery which is just a bare-bones logic puzzle with all the human drama stripped away. (Though it was a pretty neat puzzle). At first, I thought that the dissonance was intentional - Battler's having a great time, but Bern was really only interested in using the scenario to torment Ange even more, and I kept on waiting for him to realise how hosed up it was. But instead everyone in the meta-verse just keeps chuckling about how much fun it will be to keep on coming up with new puzzles to play with! Even though this basically means making a group of sentient pieces relive the murder of their family and friends over and over again! (Jessica gets a throwaway line where she brings this up but nobody replies).

- I do like the idea of games as a means of communication between players. Sadly, Ange seems to be falling into the exact same trap Battler did, fixating on the minutiae of how to win the game rather than trying to understand what her opponent wants.

- I'm not sure the detail about Battler being Kyrie's biological son after all really adds much at the end of the day except more angst for its own sake. Still we’ve come a long way from all my convoluted theorycrafting about Battler’s parentage…

- I think part of the reason it's taken me a while to get into this episode is that after such a satisfying send-off for Beatrice/Yasu, the driving force beind the plot is now Ange's conflict, where the writing seems to be getting a bit messy. I might be overthinking it, but in episode 4 the conflict between fantasy and reality seemed to be presented in a much more even-handed way. Fantasy was a vital defense mechanism and source of comfort for Yasu/Maria/Ange but in the end it could never be sustained for ever, and literally led to murder in Yasu's case. I personally find Ange's need to know The Truth pretty drat sympathetic, but the story (through Battler and Beatrice, who are basically the authorial voice now) seems hell-bent on saying "no, it's healthier just to accept your ignorance, make something up and carry on." The reveal that Ange is basically suicidal gives some interesting context to her actions, but it also feels like a cheap way of weighting the scales against Ange's goal. "oh, so you want Ange to find The Truth? well, she's going to kill herself once she finds it. you don't want that, do you?"

- and speaking of The Truth, it's a bit of a relief to find out that the super-cynical version we saw at the end of Ep 7 might not have been what actually happened, but at the same time it's getting increasingly hard to imagine a version which does explain everything in an (emotionally) satisfying way. One final prediction: since we're suddenly playing a visual novel for the first time I'm guessing that we're going to get to make Ange's choice for her - A) read Eva's Very Convenient Super-Secret Diary of Truth and find out what happened, or B) lol catbox, guess we'll never know, but Ange is happy I guess.

If I'm right I'm going to smash that Truth button, Beatrice is going to tell me off for not believing in magic, and the catbox will remain closed forever. But god knows I've been wrong before, so here's hoping.

Gaius Marius posted:

You're thinking too hard about the wrong things man

I like that I can now confidently say this is The Umineko Experience (TM)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Fata Morgana developers

https://twitter.com/novect_en/status/1519633709515014144?s=21&t=hIgHB3KeqpADZql4HkObRA

There are rumors it’s a detective mystery game with gameplay.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Did they change the illustrator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Higurashi EP 1

Rika?
She is my biggest question, her and Satoko are for obvious reasons the most intriguing characters to me, but I don't want to read future works into them so I'm hesitant in trying to really analyze them. Rika though seems more like a mover and shaker.

There's got to be more in that Community announcment TIP. But I have no idea, unless they're poisoning people with the refreshment stand.

Amazing that more time has already passed in this game than in Umineko.

Coward put on the Yukata
Start killing please.
Rika is going to be the sacrafice. That's my guess
I hope it's Rena
Oh now Rika is a demon

Tomitake shows up again, this game feels like it's worse written than Umineko
New Theory, Tomitake is doing some crazy Snuff film poo poo. The murders that are going to happen aren't real, but they're made to look as such. Kei has been brought in to act as a witness to them to add to the suspense of the photography, Tomitake accomplised this by appealing to Kei's artist Father's artistic pride. After seeing the fake crimes Kei is then knocked out and heavily drugged and dumped into a nearby city with instructions to go back to the village. This is how each episode starts. The gaming club is all complicit, but they try and let Kei have fun in the small amount of time between the false killings. That's why Mion hates Tomitake, they're all trying to hide evidence of the last fake crime, and Rena is letting on so hard that poo poo's going to go bad.

Mexico grows the most limes out of all the countries. Fun fact
Stop playing games, stop having fun, start killing eachother
Mion can shoot
I don't remember him promising to shoot that bear, is he talking about his internal conversation. Or are we in the loop. Also lol at Tomitake being a weird rear end grown man trying to impress a teen girl, and then failing

Kei don't be a loser, Samurai spirit, you miss consider yourself dead

Put all the corks in the gun dumbass, or stick a loving ball bearing in their
Oh poo poo, Three loving rifles drat man Battler would never
loving renaming Kei to Chad now
absolute mad lad

gently caress off with this small town bullshit, I wanted that poo poo I'd get in my car and drive
Oh my god he's holding her hand, I hope he's using protection

Oh Rena doesn't remember hitting Mion, classic split personality. She's gonna start hiding bodies in futons soon

Rika shows up with a big hoe during the festival, odd they let her carry Mion like that
Demons underground and now we dig them up. To sow the seeds of ??? Conflict, murder, jealously something for sure
Kei talking about purity, I'm thinking Rika is the only non virgin of the main cast. Maybe Rena though, could be trauma there. Split personality and desire to escape traditional village culture

Each of the game club members carries some manner of trauma. Their personalities reflect the persona they put on to deal with it. Some of them start cracking around Kei which leads to ??? the events?
I like this theory let's roll with it.
Mion, always wants to win, talks of herself as if she's older than she is. Child abuse, her parents pushed her too hard she can't value herself unless she wins, Why Old man? unknown?
Rika, Shrine maiden job is difficult and she doesn't think she can accuratley carry out her duties. Possibly had sex with someone in the village and considers herself impure.
Satoko, Perhaps her Haughty attitude is formed from an abject poverty she was forced to endure.
Rena, Some sort of Sexual abuse.

Holy wine? First baptism imagery and know Eucharistic
And then the Cotton is Transubstational or howver you spell it.
I've been wondering for a minute is Ryuukushi a Christian?
Like he brings up holy wine, has the Cotton transubstantiate, they talk of Rome, and then cross themselves three times

And maybe the Cotton was blasted with crazy juice

This blonde girl acting like she knows me, why?

Tryna pick up my Tom and Lorenzo knowledge. The cardigan, she's a layered person concealing something, plays into the Persona of it all. The collar, she's buttoned up but concealing a more childish side. The ribbon thing, She's top of the pops in some such field. She's holding her purse, she doesn't want it getting into someone elses hands.

Oh sorry Tomitake, you were here when the whole five body of it all went down, very SUS as the children say.
Somehow didnt dawn on me how recent this poo poo was. They coulda all been participants.

Wondering if Tomitake is the Brother of the housewife that died, or maybe the MC dad

Let's cut this up like a detective novel. All the victims are "Connected" my guess is if they're actually connected then it's from some hidden way and not relating to the Dam. Or Oyashiro's curse is being used as a toss off so some other shady poo poo can go down without the prying eyes

Give blondie a name please, I hate not knowing names.
I wonder if the preist was Rika's dad

Kei, Harness the Chadness of your teddy shoot. If no one else will continue this curse, than you must. Follow your heart, choose violence

Tomitake sad he has to murder all these precocious children
Never Promise to save someone fool, we know how this ends

Lol, mom or dad are toast
maybe both

gently caress man, four TIPS, why you do this Ryukushi

Housewife murder not being reported is in itself high shady

Hold up

If this is the unreported murder. Cops go in lights dark, no media. Let the doctor "Handle" it after taking pictures. Tomitake is our Photoman, his companion is probably the doctor. So we've got complicity between the journalists, the medical establishment, and the cops in this series of "Curse" murders

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 30, 2022