Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol cool. sort of a throwback to the 'bad' demon souls ending. congrats.

the shura ending boss isn't as hard as the normal stuff but it's still super sick. especially since, if you ask around, mr. tengu is terminally ill and should've passed away long ago. he shouldn't even be able to stand and he can still dice you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

lol cool. sort of a throwback to the 'bad' demon souls ending. congrats.

the shura ending boss isn't as hard as the normal stuff but it's still super sick. especially since, if you ask around, mr. tengu is terminally ill and should've passed away long ago. he shouldn't even be able to stand and he can still dice you up

He just wanted to avenge Emma and I killed him too. Total opposite of good ending where defeating prime Isshin is a freeing and great moment vs just pure evil here

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
imo the final bosses of the Shura ending should have been flipped in terms of the order you fight them and the amount of deathblows they have

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fountainhead is possibly one of the worst areas in all of From games, looks amazing but not a single fun section of it. Worst enemies or way too many of them os you may as well just run past as nothing interesting to explore either.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its pretty and i love the fishmen who are just chilling playing their flutes and lightning volleyball and you just barge in on their paradise and start killing lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

its pretty and i love the fishmen who are just chilling playing their flutes and lightning volleyball and you just barge in on their paradise and start killing lol

those are the single worst enemy type except for the weird dudes with the super slow grab in the dungeon who take two kills. Super dull and huge parts of the level have like 25 of the tougher enemies and they can chase you anywhere so after you clear them out the first time you realise there is 0 reason to not just run through.

That and Mibu both suffer from being amazing looking areas you'd like to look around a tonne but both push you to absolutely not do that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

And on NG 5 those flute dudes ability can hit you absurdly fast

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Me poo village.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

And on NG 5

:allears:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fountainhead is cool other than the SotFS Iron Keep comically huge mob that attack you if you stop to fight anything on the platforms next to the great sakura idol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fountainhead is cool other than the SotFS Iron Keep comically huge mob that attack you if you stop to fight anything on the platforms next to the great sakura idol

the soul sucker dudes who enfeeble you kind of suck rear end and it's a terrible effect. Not really an issue on NG but on later cycles where status effects build up super fast they're awful. The three enemies all attacking with shock on the run up to the sanctuary is kind of rear end too if you actually fight them

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fountainhead owns and ng+5 or whatever is for streamers and nutjobs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

IMO it's visually one of the coolest areas in a from game but is like Mibu village where it is pretty lame to actually explore and you end up just running through it

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

playing Sekiro, already died once, found some pocket sand, seems cool

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Good luck, gamer

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

already thinking about switching to offline because I don't want these remnant signs everywhere

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

already thinking about switching to offline because I don't want these remnant signs everywhere

honestly thats not a bad idea. i'm probably gonna play it offline when i replay it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Yeah it doesn’t really do anything, pull the plug imo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Pulled. Now I have to unlearn Fromsoft controls because switching items now uses them.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fountainhead palace is my favorite area in sekiro, I love it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Pulled. Now I have to unlearn Fromsoft controls because switching items now uses them.

Change the default controls, the use item button is in a bad spot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

Change the default controls, the use item button is in a bad spot

no. learn to use the default controls.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I don’t have a problem with the default controls. Play the game as God intended

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

agree w/ this. changing the controls around only slowed down my learning process. not that its some huge loss but still, default is optimal

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

honestly thats not a bad idea. i'm probably gonna play it offline when i replay it

it cluttered the game so bad im amazed from even went through with it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

:shrug: felt much more natural to change things around. I can’t remember t he m offhand anymore though

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Maybe it was the change item button I didn’t like? I can’t even remove anymore lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

why are the chickens trying to kill me

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

bees x1000 posted:

why are the chickens trying to kill me

Never played a Zelda game?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The default controls are great. You’ll just be using the Elden ring ones for a while lol. Good look shinobi

Fountainhead palace is visually cool but one of the worst to actually playthrough imo.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

The default controls are great. You’ll just be using the Elden ring ones for a while lol. Good look shinobi

Fountainhead palace is visually cool but one of the worst to actually playthrough imo.

I like the pathing in fountainhead a lot, and the underwater section is pretty cool, but the nobles are lame as fucj

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I like the pathing in fountainhead a lot, and the underwater section is pretty cool, but the nobles are lame as fucj

the first time yu get killed by one is epic but yeah agreed otherwise. although i completely lost my poo poo when the boss came in, its super fuckin easy but it's so cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's layout is what I disliked actually. There is no clear direction in it so I spent ages exploring but then the path through is super short when you know where it is. There are also too many enemies who can follow you all over and see you from all over so it ends up being hard to traverse and also constantly in unexpected combats. Those weird balls they kick at you behave weirdly also and I've been one shot by them before. The final path section of it is also defended by like 8 tengus so I always just run past them and activate the Buddha instead. The tenge are also not chump enough for there to be that many of them, they're fun opponents but they show up in the same number as the basic samurai do in Ashina.

I think it could have been a cool area but it's surprisingly awkward to get around and the enemy placements and volume don't feel good. I'm mainly talking about thee castle over the lake section but yeah the nobles section before that is also pretty rear end.

Obviously a god level game S+ 5/5, that's just one area that I don't like but is quite well liked by others. I

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Obviously a god level game S+ 5/5, that's just one area that I don't like but is quite well liked by others. I

Emmy was killed by Miyazaki before he could finish writing this post.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It's layout is what I disliked actually. There is no clear direction in it so I spent ages exploring but then the path through is super short when you know where it is. There are also too many enemies who can follow you all over and see you from all over so it ends up being hard to traverse and also constantly in unexpected combats. Those weird balls they kick at you behave weirdly also and I've been one shot by them before. The final path section of it is also defended by like 8 tengus so I always just run past them and activate the Buddha instead. The tenge are also not chump enough for there to be that many of them, they're fun opponents but they show up in the same number as the basic samurai do in Ashina.

I think it could have been a cool area but it's surprisingly awkward to get around and the enemy placements and volume don't feel good. I'm mainly talking about thee castle over the lake section but yeah the nobles section before that is also pretty rear end.

yeah my favorite areas are hirata estates, senpou temple and the backwards version of ashina outskirts at the end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah my favorite areas are hirata estates, senpou temple and the backwards version of ashina outskirts at the end

Those are all great. I really like the castle also, those enemies are really great and lots of side stuff in it too. It's all honestly great.

I think the only other area I'm not fond of is the poison swamp with the snake eyes. Even then it's pretty tiny and you can grapple through it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Forlorn wolf, take my blood and post again

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thinking its time for a sekiro replay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Forlorn wolf, take my blood and post again