Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Which domestic violence offender will Jerruh select here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cowboys with a big ol reach

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
And the Cowboys pass on Jermaine Johnson to reach for a guy they could've traded their 2nd rounder and one of their compensatory 5ths for a slightly higher 2nd rounder and still probably gotten him.

Just awful.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
Height/Weight: 6-foot-6, 340 pounds

:dogstare:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Dallas picks a guy with 16 loving holding penalties at loving Tulsa to join on if the most penalized offensive lines in football, while passing on the best center in the draft.

He's a physical loving freak and he's only like 12 years old So maybe I looked dumb and he looks like the next coming of Tyron in 2 years, but drat

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

mikeraskol posted:

Did I have a stroke or did the Giants really get Thibodeaux and Neal?

Holy poo poo.

We somehow ended up with two different guys who were projected as first overall picks at different times, it feels weird to be so stoked

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Febreeze posted:

We somehow ended up with two different guys who were projected as first overall picks at different times, it feels weird to be so stoked

I just don't know how to react to having a real GM who is prepared. Oh, Thibodeaux is available at 5 with a huge drop off on edge rushers after him and the 3 top OL still available meaning I'm getting one of the top two at that position at 7. I'll take him.

Gettleman could never loving do it. Praise jesus. Oh my god I'm so happy.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Congratulations Giants and Eagles fans now all you need are a franchise QB, #s2-4 wide receivers, defensive backs, and fans who read above a 5th grade level

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

blarzgh posted:

Congratulations Giants and Eagles fans now all you need are a franchise QB, #s2-4 wide receivers, defensive backs, and fans who read above a 5th grade level

Why do the Giants and Eagles fans need to be reading three grades higher than Cowboy fans?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
eagles and giants both had great days

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm very happy, yes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blarzgh posted:

The 49ers proved you don't need a franchise QB to embarrass the Cowboys defense

Sorry, poo poo first round pick after a lovely off-season after a lovely wildcard exit leaves with me little room for shittalking other teams.

Jesus christ is this pick also secretly a bastard child of Jerry's too?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

Jesus christ is this pick also secretly a bastard child of Jerry's too?

I think by drafting his secret love children, he’d actually have to pay them less than he normally would with the out of court settlements.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I looked him up and AJ brown is very good !

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Commanders probably over-reached to get Dotson at 16, but they took a gamble when they traded down and the last of the good first round receivers got snagged. Most had Dotson as a late first and early second round pick. Still, he should complement Terry Mclaurin very well unless he busts out. He seems like a pretty humble guy from his interactions with the media, so that’s good.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Eagles fans get hyped about this. AJ is an absolute stud. I’m very upset that we traded him but you’re getting a high character guy who absolutely kills people with YAC. He has had injury issues and that’s the only negative. Congrats

gonna be so cool when he steps onto the field and his knees crumble to dust like a felled boss in elden ring

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m very happy about AJ Brown. don’t know poo poo about the DT but whatever

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
NY Giants crushed it holy poo poo. New York teams as a whole seemed like they kicked rear end. Really smart move by the Giants to go edge rusher knowing an O-lineman would be there and a great example of playing your hold cards

I wish the Eagles had taken Hamilton and then still done the AJ Brown trade. Hamilton would at least partially address the secondary and I don't see anyone left who can help much there, but looking for Fletcher Cox 2.0 makes a certain bit of sense in their scheme so I hope that huge motherfucker is good. It's just I love guys like Polamalu, Dawkins, Lott and Reed that you can wreak havoc with all over the loving field. Not saying he's as good as those dudes but I think it was worth the gamble.

I really hope Willis doesn't fall to them tonight because I know they'll loving take him. Howie might even trade up and grab him to perpetuate that "QB Factory" bullshit.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/dduggan21/status/1520054134451453952?s=21&t=KfteX1R2DsNOv1vAI7s4ug

Nice paydays.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't know anything about the draft or any of the players because I haven't really watched college ball in forever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did the jets do ok or did they gently caress it up

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't know anything about the draft or any of the players because I haven't really watched college ball in forever.

Most people don't. They just pretend they do, including the experts. NFL GM's are on top of a lot of it but the pundits, bloggers and definitely the message board participants don't know jack poo poo about most of these guys.

Including myself. I watch a little college ball now and then but I can't tell you if that one LG or that random free safety are worth a poo poo or not.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I guess i should feel happy about the Eagle's 1st round, I haven't seen a single Titans game in years and knew nothing about Davis, but everyone seems hyped up so yay. Seems like a decent low-expectation, playing with house money kind of season for us with Hurts and the potential of drafting his replacement next year if necessary. How bad is AJ Brown's injury history? His numbers seem good but not extraordinary, but he's super young so people are expecting him to still have a big upside right?

Do the Eagles stand a good chance at plugging their remaining holes on defense with their remaining picks? I'm assuming they're going to hedge a lot on undrafted FAs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His numbers are good lol

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

His numbers are good lol

Can you elaborate a bit? His total yards don't pop out (he's never been top 10 or anything yet). His rookie Y/R was great, but has been worse since. His TD receptions have been good. I'm open to him being an amazing pick-up, but the numbers don't really tell much of a story--I guess I just can't parse what makes him stand-out. I'll probably look into deeper video analysis later.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
They will more than likely try to trade back to recoup some picks. Don’t rule out trading Dillard or Reagor (lol).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m sure AJ’s injuries will be less of an issue now that he isn’t stuck with a loser franchise and has something to play for. Hurts isn’t really an upgrade over Tannehill but Brown’s already happy to be out of there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guy got paid I’m hope he’s happy lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Money isn’t always the best. IT IS A TEAM
EFFORT!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Can you elaborate a bit? His total yards don't pop out (he's never been top 10 or anything yet). His rookie Y/R was great, but has been worse since. His TD receptions have been good. I'm open to him being an amazing pick-up, but the numbers don't really tell much of a story--I guess I just can't parse what makes him stand-out. I'll probably look into deeper video analysis later.

For starters, he's young and brings a resume better than anything the Eagles currently have on their roster. Playing for a run oriented team with Ryan Tannehill tossing him the ball. He's probably better than any WR who was left on the board at 18. Personally, I would have liked to see the Birds take a similar angle for Deebo Samuel - who I think would be an excellent fit here - but that pick trade with SF probably wouldn't have done it. Maybe it would have since SF didn't have a first rounder?

iamsosmrt posted:

Do the Eagles stand a good chance at plugging their remaining holes on defense with their remaining picks? I'm assuming they're going to hedge a lot on undrafted FAs.

Not that I can see and they desperately need a CB2 opposite Slay and they hate taking Line Backers...BUT:

Every year around nut cutting time, a few surprising players get let go and are grabbed up by other teams. Typically veterans who make too much money or who are playing for one more year. They can grab a safety or a slot corner there probably.

Looks to me like the Eagles' approach is to give Hurts one more year with a little bit more to work with in a weak division and see what happens knowing that we still have two #1's next year to gently caress around with if he happens to poo poo the bed. Wouldn't shock me at all if they took Willis as a hedge bet on Hurts.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Every year around nut cutting time

drat, they grow back?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SF and Deebo probably wanted a lot more

Also Hurts is personal friends with Ag brown

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if they get rid of Deebo they have no offense, they probably want a first and future first for him. he seems like the perfect weapon for Shanahan

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bill simmons (I know ) was saying SF probably wants two firsts yeah . And who knows how much deebo wants . Probably a lot more guaranteed money than brown got

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah and in terms of his value to that specific team it’s not unreasonable. probably gonna get double tagged if he takes a hard line

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m not great at draft pick math but I think that’s a lot more than the eagles paid

https://twitter.com/briancoz/status/1520133214916038659?s=21&t=uD_RvepqI6P1CTj01N4Xng

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I wanted that center the ravens took tbh

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

For starters, he's young and brings a resume better than anything the Eagles currently have on their roster. Playing for a run oriented team with Ryan Tannehill tossing him the ball. He's probably better than any WR who was left on the board at 18. Personally, I would have liked to see the Birds take a similar angle for Deebo Samuel - who I think would be an excellent fit here - but that pick trade with SF probably wouldn't have done it. Maybe it would have since SF didn't have a first rounder?

Not that I can see and they desperately need a CB2 opposite Slay and they hate taking Line Backers...BUT:

Every year around nut cutting time, a few surprising players get let go and are grabbed up by other teams. Typically veterans who make too much money or who are playing for one more year. They can grab a safety or a slot corner there probably.

Looks to me like the Eagles' approach is to give Hurts one more year with a little bit more to work with in a weak division and see what happens knowing that we still have two #1's next year to gently caress around with if he happens to poo poo the bed. Wouldn't shock me at all if they took Willis as a hedge bet on Hurts.

Appreciate ya, yeah makes sense.

For clarity i wasn't being critical of the trade or him, but it was a fairly expensive trade and contract. The context helps a lot.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

He's a step up from Jalen Reagor for sure. poo poo, I might be.

Now we have Smith, Brown, Watkins and a decent tight end to go with a good running game and a good, if aging, offensive line. We still really need help in the secondary but most everyone does now that the NFL is a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
AJ Brown is an absolute stud