Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It's layout is what I disliked actually. There is no clear direction in it so I spent ages exploring but then the path through is super short when you know where it is. There are also too many enemies who can follow you all over and see you from all over so it ends up being hard to traverse and also constantly in unexpected combats. Those weird balls they kick at you behave weirdly also and I've been one shot by them before. The final path section of it is also defended by like 8 tengus so I always just run past them and activate the Buddha instead. The tenge are also not chump enough for there to be that many of them, they're fun opponents but they show up in the same number as the basic samurai do in Ashina.

I think it could have been a cool area but it's surprisingly awkward to get around and the enemy placements and volume don't feel good. I'm mainly talking about thee castle over the lake section but yeah the nobles section before that is also pretty rear end.

Obviously a god level game S+ 5/5, that's just one area that I don't like but is quite well liked by others. I

I agree about enemy placement/volume, and there’s one specific run between brudda s I really hate, i probably want to like it more than I actually do. It sounds like it’s time for me to beat sekiro again….

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

thinking its time for a sekiro replay

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

As someone who recently replayed Sekiro, yes

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Would love to see fromsoft do more of the 'return but different...' ashina castle 1-2-3 are the most epic parts of sekiro, and the return to the outskirts but backwards is amazing too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it’s great, remix areas can be super fun and the constantly shifting enemy placements and events throughout a shins are a great

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Emmy was killed by Miyazaki before he could finish writing this post.

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fighting Isshin loving rules. Top 5 boss fight of all time imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Did this last year and highly recommend.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm really thinkin about it but i think i need to forget more of the game first. maybe i'll visit ashina in the fall

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Thinkin bout woo guy :)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I appreciate that the game doesn't allow you to walk off ledges

sometimes, not sure what the rules are

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

bees x1000 posted:

The only rule is: hesitation is defeat

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

bees x1000 posted:

bees x1000 posted:

You can’t swing yourself off with attacks. Not sure you can walk off either but you can always jump… or be thrown :whitewater:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

Fighting Isshin loving rules. Top 5 boss fight of all time imo

You also passively get so good at killing genichiro that you can absolutely whoop the poo poo out of him on ng+, it feels so badass. You just annihilate him lmao.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Are you supposed to be able to clear areas as they become available? There's a purple dude blowing me up and I'm wondering if I am supposed to get good or come back later when I'm stronger.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Are you supposed to be able to clear areas as they become available? There's a purple dude blowing me up and I'm wondering if I am supposed to get good or come back later when I'm stronger.

If you want to treat the purple meanie like a boss, you can beat him(it's gonna be painful). But if you get bored of the fight just move on, you will for sure know when you are ready later.

gently caress now I wanna play sekiro again, even though I just did a completion run right before elden ring released lol

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 30, 2022

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Leadthumb posted:

You also passively get so good at killing genichiro that you can absolutely whoop the poo poo out of him on ng+, it feels so badass. You just annihilate him lmao.

The game expects you to beat him without getting hit and by this point you do and it rules. Everybody should do a charmless run at least once because getting a bunch of perfect parries against Genichiro and SS feels amazing

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I hadn't played since they added in the gauntlets and the remixed boss fights they added are really great. Inner Father especially gets some insane new tricks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to gently caress somebody's dad

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

thank you Miyazaki for considering the dadgamers and blessing us with a pause function

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Emmy was killed by Miyazaki before he could finish writing this post.

She.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

my brain is hard wired to dodge everything and it's getting me killed

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

my brain is hard wired to dodge everything and it's getting me killed

this is a pretty legitimate way to play the game really but it feels bad, you can beat a lot of enemies by just running around them in circles and swinging light attacks but I don't recommend it

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

getting really good at clearing out the area around seven spears general and then dying like a scrub

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

You unlock the mikiri counter yet?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

yeah, upgraded too.. I get into tense situations and start spamming buttons. I keep hammering Y for some reason after jumping a sweep attack. The solution is to stop being stupid.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

yeah, upgraded too.. I get into tense situations and start spamming buttons. I keep hammering Y for some reason after jumping a sweep attack. The solution is to stop being stupid.

spear guys are hard. sekiro's greatness comes from consistently challenging encounters

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

thats correct

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When you master mikiris it’s the best. The pure joy when you see the boss telegraph a thrust

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Spear dude is finally down after at least 10 attempts. It wasn't too hard once I stopped pressing the wrong buttons

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I knew you could do it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Congrats gamer! He’s a fun but challenging fight. He’s the first one not to just collapse when you mikiri him so nice work.

You can sneak around behind him for a free backstab and also that way never have to kill any one else in the area on attempts

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

oh I was absolutely getting the free backstab in, and still losing.

Now I'm stuck on Genichiro.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

God what a good fight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

oh I was absolutely getting the free backstab in, and still losing.

Now I'm stuck on Genichiro.

That's the trial by fire fight of Sekiro, good luck gamer. He'll take a while but you'll come out the other side a master.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

genichiro's phase progression is so good

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

all of Japan has dragonrot now but I managed to kill Genichiro Butterfly lady

My eyes are extremely bloodshot. 15h of sekiro doing more damage than 150h of elden ring.

I'd like to find one more prayer bead before challenging genichiro again, so i'm explorin'

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 3, 2022

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Genichiro down. Took me 20+ attempts to get to his third phase, then I somehow landed every lightning return and wasted him in like 30 seconds. Intense stuff.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Genichiro down. Took me 20+ attempts to get to his third phase, then I somehow landed every lightning return and wasted him in like 30 seconds. Intense stuff.

Hell yea dude. One step forward but it keeps getting harder/more badass. By the time you’re done genichiro feels like playtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nice! Definitely one of the greatest ever from soft fights and so many bangers still to go. I remember the first time I got him to phase 3 I was telling go5 about it then noticed the cutscene was still playing and started panicking