Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Onean posted:

Oh, poo poo. Even if it isn't 1v1, this is absolutely happening, isn't it? Maybe it's a sin eater Ardbert that somehow took the Light so we wouldn't die?

Your party all become lightwardens and you play as Ardbert's party to save yourself

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
CC sure is fun

What's that? The red team happened to have someone near the top rank on Primal? hmm must be a coincidence

edit: and again!

They pressed a few more buttons, must have realized they were being too obvious.... except only 23k self-healing means they managed to not pop recuperate more than once the whole match. Got a few queue pops that got instantly declined too as the thrower and throwee probably saw they didn't pop at the same moment.

e2: oh weird they remembered how to play when in a third match, not against their friend

Martman fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 30, 2022

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Martman posted:

CC sure is fun

What's that? The red team happened to have someone near the top rank on Primal? hmm must be a coincidence

edit: and again!

They pressed a few more buttons, must have realized they were being too obvious.... except only 23k self-healing means they managed to not pop recuperate more than once the whole match. Got a few queue pops that got instantly declined too as the thrower and throwee probably saw they didn't pop at the same moment.

e2: oh weird they remembered how to play when in a third match, not against their friend

You should report that, it's probably covered by the new PVP rules
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/fe029a4ac87236b4b1d11138064efa39f992435a

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

MechaX posted:

Oh right, I wonder how Dragonsong Ultimate is going;

... oh no

https://twitter.com/finowlly/status/1519971556239110146?t=ACpr2rsj88OmFGeGf18xBA&s=19

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah I did, it's the first time I've seen it be that blatant. Honestly I'd be surprised if SE actually does anything, but who knows. From what I understand this kind of match-fixing behavior has been insanely common forever in the Feast, and I'm pretty sure it was always against the rules.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
jesus christ SE, let me store the garo gear in the armory. You just gonna poo poo gear all over me like this and I got no place to put it

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

hazardousmouse posted:

jesus christ SE, let me store the garo gear in the armory. You just gonna poo poo gear all over me like this and I got no place to put it
After getting the title, you can always re-buy the gear from the Calamity Salvager for like... 7,000 gil a set I think. So I just delete them.

e: oh I couldn't remember if it's the title or the individual gear purchase, but well, get the titles anyway

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Once you buy an item from the Disreputable Priest (edit: woops, guess it's the title), you can buy each item from Calamity Salvagers for 2,000 Gil. Put the ones you want for glamor in your chest, and toss the rest.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I think you're right and it's based off the title. I'm double checking just to be sure, though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, it's based off the title. It's 9,000 gil for a full set, since apparently I just looked at the cost for the chest or legs piece, and the others have different prices.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Martman posted:

So I just delete them.

Don't mind me, just burrowing into my glam pile and hissing like a possum

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

Don't mind me, just burrowing into my glam pile and hissing like a possum

:same:

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

Thundarr posted:

The real question is what would have happened if Thordan had won, since the Alexander summoning was already set in motion before Azys Lla. I can only assume two subsequent Calamities of Light would have given Emet an enormous headache.

Part of the issue is that we don't 100% know if Thordan killed Lahabrea in the Alternate Dragonsong War timeline and that would have been a huge contributing factor to if the Ascians would have opposed Thordan or not. We also don't know how much power the Ascians had intended for Thordan to gain, since teaching him the summoning techniques necessary obviously implies the Ascians wanted Thordan to ascend, but to what degree is unclear.

The other issue is that although we know the mechanisms by which Rejoinings work, there's a lot of small-ish details that are handwaved such as some minutia of the required timing or the exact "elemental balance" required or how that balance is even determined. But presumably, there's a huge number of scenarios that could have happend, ranging from relatively quaint such as Garlean Empire opposing Ishgard to kill that stupid primal, to full on "Thordan kills a bunch of Ascians so Fandaniel is free to relive the scenario of Endwalker, but with no WoL to stop the Final Days coming"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The minion and mount boxes from the grand companies have made leveling alt jobs in trusts feel so rewarding. A few trips in a EW dungeon and you easily have a box already!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 30, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The minion and mount boxes from the grand companies have made leveling alts in trusts feel so rewarding. A few trips in a EW dungeon and you easily have a box already!

How does that work? Just donating the loot for seals?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

bagrada posted:

How does that work? Just donating the loot for seals?

Yup!

e: the caveat is you need max gc rank, which means squadrons.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 30, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Yeah I've been capped on gc rank for a while, but do need to clean out my retainers and inventory to donate more, I burned all my seals on ventures.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Today I became a Giant Woman

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macaluso posted:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Macaluso posted:

Now you know what it is like to be am Au Ra lady all the time.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

You forgot the tail.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Warmachine posted:

You forgot the tail.

drat it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm so ready for plugins to work again. I miss being able to see who looks at my character sheet in the cities more than I thought I would. It's a nice 'oh they probably like my glam!' feeling.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I'm so ready for plugins to work again. I miss being able to see who looks at my character sheet in the cities more than I thought I would. It's a nice 'oh they probably like my glam!' feeling.

If you mean Dalamud plugins they've been working for a while now.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

If you mean Dalamud plugins they've been working for a while now.

Really? I must have not done something after 6.1 came out. Thank ya kindly

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Really? I must have not done something after 6.1 came out. Thank ya kindly

It may not have automatically updated. It can be wonky about that sometimes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What’s the plug-in that gives you positioning tips on extremes and such? I dragged down an ex3 practice group tonight and someone said that the plug-in’s hints helped them (though they are also a better player so).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Cactbot? It almost feels like cheating but it basically just makes my dumb rear end not feed instead of getting a leg up on someone

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That looks right, yeah. Thanks!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Now that's a glam.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Cactbot is basically cheating but who gives a gently caress.

As long as people aren't calling out mechanics before they appear i don't care what my party members are doing to not cause wipes.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
After playing a lot of PVP Samurai in crystal rank I think the job got over nerfed, it either needs to be given its survivability back or given a disengage. Your LB takes far too long to charge and goes from OP in lower ranks to completely useless in crystal. It's also nearly impossible to reliably apply your barrier from your conal AOE because it has cast time and you're almost guaranteed to get CC'd.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Hommando posted:

After playing a lot of PVP Samurai in crystal rank I think the job got over nerfed, it either needs to be given its survivability back or given a disengage. Your LB takes far too long to charge and goes from OP in lower ranks to completely useless in crystal. It's also nearly impossible to reliably apply your barrier from your conal AOE because it has cast time and you're almost guaranteed to get CC'd.

Sure, in exchange for the LB only instakilling the primary target. That's the primary reason why SAM got nerfed: their LB can wipe an entire team, and incidental cleave is rampant so you can't be sure that you won't hit them in a dogpile.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wrong thread

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Roluth posted:

Sure, in exchange for the LB only instakilling the primary target.

I'll take it. Get rid of the meme LB and give SAM a disengage.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's probably beyond the ability of the pvp system but the SAM LB should be able to force someone into an honorable 1 on 1 duel by making them unable to attack anyone but the SAM and the SAM unable to attack anyone else for the duration. If they run away they die

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Bozja lets duels happen, anything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

It's probably beyond the ability of the pvp system but the SAM LB should be able to force someone into an honorable 1 on 1 duel by making them unable to attack anyone but the SAM and the SAM unable to attack anyone else for the duration. If they run away they die

I mean it really isn't, there are already a bunch of skills that massively debuff/buff attacks against a specific character.