Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling on my dad to my friend’s mother?

quote:

He told me he won’t get them himself and I’d have to go with him because people will think he’s buying them.

What does that even mean? People will see a man buy period products and assume he's buying them for his wife/girlfriend/daughter, if they even notice him at all. Does he think people will see that and go "Ooooh, this man is buying period stuff! He must have a vagina!" or what? Like, he'll touch one box of pads and suddenly an entire gang of bullies appears and starts calling him a girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

Another man slain by the great moon presence

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mx. posted:

Lol owned.

Also if there are people in the household that need tampons or pads just buy it at Costco and then buy like the smallest pack from the regular grocery store to keep in the cupboard as backup. There is no reason for an adult to ever let that run out. It is right up there with toilet paper in terms of necessity and predictability of consumption.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My fiancée (28f) wants to call off our wedding because I (29m) cancelled our date plans for this weekend to watch wrestling

quote:

Hey guys, I’m in a bit of a predicament where my fiancée wants to break off the marriage because I cancelled our date for this weekend to fly out to Vegas with my friends to watch the US wrestling open. It’s a tradition for us to watch wrestling since we all are close friends who grew up wrestling together. My fiancée is very aware of this and two days ago I told her I made a mistake with planning a date for Saturday night because I had to go watch wrestling. She freaked out on me when I told her I cancelled our dinner reservations.

I’ve told her I couldn’t go out on certain nights before to watch wrestling and it’s never been a problem but now it is. I’m not really sure what to do here. Me and my friends already ordered a keg and booked our hotel rooms, I told her I would pay for her to come but she absolutely refused and is staying with her parents now. What should I do here?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cloacamazing! posted:

What does that even mean? People will see a man buy period products and assume he's buying them for his wife/girlfriend/daughter, if they even notice him at all. Does he think people will see that and go "Ooooh, this man is buying period stuff! He must have a vagina!" or what?

Given the whole anti trans hysteria? That could actually happen.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Evil Willow posted:

My fiancée (28f) wants to call off our wedding because I (29m) cancelled our date plans for this weekend to watch wrestling

edit: lol

quote:

His comment history implies he's still been active on tinder...so....maybe his ex fiancee just realized he isn't present in general, not just this weekend 🤷 (OP, if you see this...maybe focus less on tinder and beers with the bois, and maybe give your woman some actual validation so she isn't so insecure in the relationship to demand all your time?)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

feedmegin posted:

Given the whole anti trans hysteria? That could actually happen.

I mean, okay. Someone might think he has a vagina. Does anything bad happen?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dr. Stab posted:

Uh yeah he loses Man Points

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't know how you become old enough to have a teenage daughter without buying pads for someone even once. well, actually, I guess we know, because this guy is a stupid rear end in a top hat and nobody would ask him for a minor favor like that.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Dr. Stab posted:

People will treat him the way he thinks women should be treated?

(Comedy option: His salary will go down, his hygiene products will turn pink and cost more and he will lose 80 % of his working pockets.)

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 30, 2022

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mx. posted:

quote:

Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/AmItheAsshole.
Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

quote:

This account has been suspended .

lol. how do the mods there have such thin skin?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They themselves are manchildren who live in fear of feminine hygiene products.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've never understood this. Does karma give you money? Is there any tangible benefit to it?

Or is it purely ego wank, like you sometimes see on forums where they display post count and give stupid, automated titles based on how many times you've posted?

Spoken like someone who has never experienced the unrestrained endorphin rush of having their post empty-quoted on these forums :smug:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr. Stab posted:

Transphobes genuinely try to kill him for being possibly trans and thus committing sexual assault by the crime of existing.

This happens, irl, increasingly.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

quote:

I’ve told her I couldn’t go out on certain nights before to watch wrestling and it’s never been a problem but now it is.

doubt.jpg

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Transphobes genuinely try to kill him for being possibly trans and thus committing sexual assault by the crime of existing.

this is true but also completely, utterly unrelated to anything that man was thinking, and i feel like bringing it up (at least without making that clear) is like falsely legitimizing the misogynist dad's bullshit tbh

please note that i am a trans man, and complaining too much about transphobia got me this avatar

edit: lol thank you to whoever replaced the avatar

InediblePenguin fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 30, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Let's not trivialize the poo poo trans people have to go through on a regular basis by even suggesting that "What if I become a victim of a hate crime?" ever crossed the mind of this walking bucket of festering toxic masculinity

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's fair enough, sorry.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
If you're a man and someone asks you why you're buying tampons, you should give the manly answer and say you soak them in everclear and shove them up your rear end. This has the double benefit of making you look like a badass and also possibly killing the person giving you poo poo if they try it.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I think suspended account is Reddit admin, probably a karma farming for money thing

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You're not wrong, but also trans men don't actually exist in the transphobe landscape. They're only worried about secret dicks.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

thekeeshman posted:

If you're a man and someone asks you why you're buying tampons, you should give the manly answer and say you soak them in everclear and shove them up your rear end. This has the double benefit of making you look like a badass and also possibly killing the person giving you poo poo if they try it.

What world do people live in where other shoppers care what is in your cart?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the only reasonable complaint a man should have about buying period products is that it's unlikely we've kept up with any random packaging changes that have been pushed to shelves - my wifes little square packets used to be pink now they're blue apparently??? why is "panty liners" wrong but "pads" is okay just tell me on the dang box which one she uses

edit: this is also a problem with hair products, the list has "hair goop" on it but theres hundreds of hair goops

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

darkwasthenight posted:

You're not wrong, but also trans men don't actually exist in the transphobe landscape. They're only worried about secret dicks.

unfortunately they are starting to learn about us but they are not anywhere near as violent about us as they tend to be about trans women, who are the ones truly in physical danger, especially of murder. for the most part the growing awareness of the existence of trans men is confined to TERFy women who view us as Stolen Girls, a deep moral problem but not a dangerous threat, although i have had a couple dudes threaten to rape me for being "a woman in the men's room" in my life. it's not the same issue faced by trans women at all and it's very important to focus on the dangers faced by trans women in particular, and the different dangers shouldn't be equated due to that, but i'm increasingly wary of the blithe "oh we don't exist and thus are safe" as it starts to become less true

edit: also brandon teena in the 90s was murdered for being a trans man (and then misgendered aggressively in the news, and became the source of the Norm MacDonald "i think everyone involved in this story should die" meme) so it's not like we're entirely immune to transphobic murders. however once again it is important to keep that focus on trans women since they are overwhelmingly more often the targets

InediblePenguin fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 30, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

therobit posted:

Wait, do gangs of manly men not rove around your local Walmart, laughing and mocking you if your cart doesn't contain products of sufficient manliness? :confused:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

thekeeshman posted:

The true Manly Man answer is you're buying tampons to restock the first aid kit to plug bullet wounds.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

therobit posted:

I've frequently had checkout people comment on my cart. "Oh, planning a big weekend?" The most memorable was a Southern cashier checking out my Twinings tea and commenting, "My husband would hit me if I paid this much for tea."

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

limp_cheese posted:

The true Manly Man answer is you're buying tampons to restock the first aid kit to plug bullet wounds.

I wonder if this was a cover all along for militia gun nerd types to not wonder if they’re gay for buying their daughters a normal hygiene product.

Also as a former military medic please do not do this please just buy packing gauze, preferably quick clot gauze it’s actually made to plug penetrating injuries.

Tampons work okay for nose bleeds tho

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Bramble posted:

Spoken like someone who has never experienced the unrestrained endorphin rush of having their post empty-quoted on these forums :smug:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I've frequently had checkout people comment on my cart. "Oh, planning a big weekend?" The most memorable was a Southern cashier checking out my Twinings tea and commenting, "My husband would hit me if I paid this much for tea."

:stare: how much was the tea??

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

Twinings is very middle of the road. Which makes this an even bigger yikes.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's always terrible when you get a glimpse into the hidden horrors of the lives of perfect strangers

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's always terrible when you get a glimpse into the hidden horrors of the lives of perfect strangers

I mean Balki was ok but Larry pretty clearly had some dark poo poo going on.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, I once saw a husband actually raise his hand at his wife when she changed her mind about the type of pizza slice she wanted.

Service industry ftw

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
If a man buys tampons, that means he is a lady and he has to have a conversation with all the ladies and tell them his problems.

https://youtu.be/sTUCZE62sFM?t=01m14s

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah, I once saw a husband actually raise his hand at his wife when she changed her mind about the type of pizza slice she wanted.

Service industry ftw

I always remember the guy screaming at his kid he can go suck dick to make 72 dollars to go to the themepark after finding out the cost.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for introducing myself to my boyfriend's family

quote:

I m24 and my bf m35 live together and we've lived together for just about a year now and dated for 2yrs. We met in a city we both work in and neither of us have met each others families as they all live far away, though he has video called with mine. I'm yet to meet or speak with any of his family apart from pictures of them and he just put it down to wanting his family to meet me personally for a great first impression and all that so it never was a problem.

I travelled out of state two weeks ago for work and got back Thursday, was supposed to return Saturday but wanted to surprise my bf for his birthday which was Friday. So I lodged at a hotel Thursday and got home Friday morning to surprise him, got home and he was already having breakfast with people I recognized as his parents (from the picture he had previously shown me). I was pleasantly surprise and probably more excited than I should have been I'll admit so I introduced myself to them you know the basics and how I've been wanting to meet them as my bf is their only child and I know how important they're to him. Well things got awkward after and they stood up and went to their rooms and soon enough were headed out of the house with my bf.

When he got back he fully unloaded on me about how I couldn't read the room and know when I should and should not insert myself just so much vile stuffs I ended up crying. He left the house since Friday, hasn't replied to my texts, or calls and no one seems to know where he's. I can't place what I did wrong maybe I'm just too conceited to see it so I need people outside the situation to give me unbiased opinions.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Vim Fuego posted:

Expensive if you're comparing it to Red Rose or Lipton, which sell in packages of 100, while Twinings sells in packages of 20 for ~~ the same price. But we're still talking less than 5 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Piell posted:

AITA for introducing myself to my boyfriend's family

Hell of a way to find out you’re a side piece

E: nv I missed the gender part they’re homophobes and he was in the closet

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 30, 2022